Dr. Richard Bergeron

Dr. Richard Bergeron

Rate Dr. Richard Bergeron

Dr. Richard Bergeron's Ratings

The god complex is strong with this one - STAY AWAY. Staff: first appointment isn't even spent with him, but with an assistant, who clearly doesn't understand psychiatry. After that initial two and a half hour session (painstakingly helping her to complete her forms), I was scheduled to see the Dr., at which time he proceeded to explain that they work as a team, and that this second session would be spent listening to the assistant explain my case to him. In front of me. Instead of doing it in advance. After I suggested that this is not helpful considering my medical condition, I was chastised for "rudeness" (the two of them together!). Needless to say, despite that I was in tears of pain, I was summarily dismissed and asked to leave. Seriously.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2014 | flag

Since I didn't give money for his research at Ottawa University, he's mad at me. When I didn't want to take medication, he said I should and now that I am ok with that, I doesn't want to. He never made me do any exam. In 10 min., he gave a diagnostic (4 questions). If you pay, is nice. If not, he doesn't want to really help you afterward. Sad... because he was really good before. He even gets mad at me in his office! He tells me that I'm losing time and money if I don't work but when I paid, he told me that I should go home on sickleave. Three other doctors I have seen for other reasons told me I should check a certain illness and have some exams but he doesn't want so. Stock with this ! Get your $ out and I suppose you'll be OK...

Submitted Nov. 27, 2012 | flag

Je suis une patient depuis plusieurs années et je n'ai que des élogesà faire de ses traitements, de son attention et de ses soins. Je recommende fortement ce psy.

Submitted July 3, 2012 | flag

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

Si ce n'était de ce médecin, je ne serais pas là pour vous en parler. Il est la contre balance d'une idiote que j'ai comme agente de CSST !

Submitted Feb. 27, 2012 | flag

Worse psychiatrist I have ever met! I felt he was judgmental, showed no compassion, spent very little time with me and seemed completely unaware of my situation, which lead me to believe that he didn’t even take the time to read my file prior to my appointment. If a doctor doesn’t even know your name, it says a lot about him and his commitment to the well being of his patients. A good psychiatrist, just like any other doctor, should know about the importance of establishing a relationship of trust with his patients. It is quite obvious that what he cares about is his research and not actual humans that come to see him for help that they so desperately need. I am saddened by this whole experience and extremely discouraged. I was in distress and in great need of help and was hoping to receive support from a competent, sympathetic doctor. That was not the case at all.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2010 | flag

Très à l`écoute et ne laisse jamais tombé un patient même si le patient ne coopère pas toujours. Jamais rencontrer un médecin aussi attentionné

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

I consider myself very fortunate to have met that man on my path : he has helped me tremendously to improve my quality of life. He is not only a doctor but also a teacher and a researcher. I consider him to be a very bright and compassionate man (I also think he is a graduate from Harvard). My only hope is that others follow in his footsteps!!!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag

M. Bergeron est un Dr. très compétent, à l'écoute et qui ne prescrit pas de médicaments si ce n'est pas nécessaire. Il inspire confiance. Les traitements proposés m'ont fait un monde de bien.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2009 | flag

For a psychiatrist, he has no sympathy or understanding of the impact that a mental illness has on its patients. Our well-being also depends on being treated equally and on being given equal opportunities in living a fulfilling life.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2009 | flag