Rate Dr. Reid A. Lachman

Dr. Reid A. Lachman's Ratings

great diagnostician. explained things in great detail in language i could understand

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

I had an appt with Dr. Sorvino, the thyroid expert in the practice, and waited a long time for this appt. When I checked in I said I was there for an appt with Dr. Sorvino. I was ushered to the exam room and several minutes later Dr. Lachman walks in! He then told me Dr. Sorvino handles thyroid issues so come back and see him! New patients beware of bait and switch!! Very disorganized or very dishonest practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

The worst doctor experience of my life. The office took weeks to submit prior authorization forms for the prescription Kanowitz wrote. They never returned my messages or responded to pharmacy calls. I talked to the insurance company and they said the office was being ridiculous, and considering that insurance companies are by nature ridiculous, I think that's pretty bad. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2010

I was highly recommended to Dr Lachman and saw him 3 times for the same condition. He told me repeatedly that I had acid reflux and even doubled my Nexium dosage. I knew myself well enough to know that this wasn't my problem and voiced that to him. Even so, I went home and tried the Nexium for a month. With absolutely NO improvement, I started a search on other doctors and came across Dr. Anthony Jahn, who is associated with the Head and Neck Center of NY. At the time, he had a NJ office that I went to. I told him that I was being treated for acid reflux and 5 minutes into the exam he told me I did NOT have acid reflux. I was SO relieved to hear him say that!! I was diagnosed with a voice disorder called spasmotic dysphonia. It is characterized by periods of uncontrolled vocal spasms where the afflicted person has to make a conscious effort to speak. I honestly felt that the drug company was giving Lachman incentives to prescribe Nexium. He was the worst! See Dr Anthony Jahn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2009

Yes, Dr. Lachman's office is busy, however in the 4 office visits ive had with him i don't think it reduces the quality of care. he has always spent the time i needed him to spend with me, and even took time to talk to me about college selections/careers in medicine etc, so really i think people who are saying he rushed with them perhaps don't understand the concept of efficiency, and that it doesnt mean he is compromising their care. That the office is so busy clearly means many people in the area know he is the best, and want him to treat them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2008

I am giving Dr. Lachman a very poor review. He rushed me in and out. I had almost no time with him. He sent me on a crazy doctor visit frenzy. After a lot of money spent and a lot of time off of work, we was able to tell me, nothing. Rushed me in and out in 4 minutes and charged me $200 that my insurance wouldn't cover because the "quick" visit was unnecessary. (I have very good insurance, by the way). I will never go back and I will never recommend him to anyone I care about. His complete disregard for his patient's well being should not be taken lightly. On a side note- Dr. Lachman told my brother his hearing was perfect: 5 months later, he completely lost all hearing in his left ear. Is that quality medical care?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2008

I liked Dr. Lachman very much, very nice bed side manner, however, his office is like a factory. They schedule an appt for every 10 min., so you don't have much time to spend with the dr. I felt he wasnt thorough enough during the exam, & I was rushed thru, he never read my films, or continued with my problem, as he was already calling the next "customer" into the office. I wouldn't go back only because of the busy factor and lack of followup. I went based on his good reputation from the internet sites.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

I was ref'd to Dr Lachman a few years ago for sinus issues; was so impressed with him that I went to him for some issues that had been diaagnosed as Meniere's Disease, then diagnosed as other things years ago. He did diagnose as Meniere's and I do have confidence in his diagnosis and plan for treatment. Heartily recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2007

I went to Dr. Lachman for years and then after my young children were treated by him as well. He is by far the BEST and would suggest the only one to go to in the practice. Unfortunately, he partnered with Dr. Sorvino, who is the worst. Wonder how that happened??? Dr. Lachman, possesses a warm, caring attitude; unlike Dr. Sorvino, who has yet to learn this and feel is book-learned and much too interested in the $$$ rendered. Last, Dr. Lachman is keenly knowledgeable and targets the diagnosis right on!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2007

My family has used Dr. Lachman for many years. He is an outstanding professional. He has always been compassionate, extremely knowledgeable, returns phone calls always very quickly. In situations that he can not handle, he will refer you to another excellent physician and remembers to follow up with you! This is a 5 star office all the way around ~ great support staff in office~ other doctors are wonderful also!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494124].votes_count ]]