Dr. Norman Blustein

Rate Dr. Norman Blustein

Dr. Norman Blustein's Ratings

Just brutal. Wait was 2 hours. Then he debated the diagnosis from his colleague. He is brutal. SOOO soooo frustrating!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

The staff at the desk are sometimes rude. I don't think they mean to be. I know they deal with a lot of people, not all of whom are polite to them. I'm sure by the end of the day they are exhausted, so I try not to get irritated with them and instead try to be kind.

I have waited over an hour after my appointment to get in. That can be difficult, especially with a high needs baby who just won't tolerate being bored for that long. We have gotten used to it and try to plan naps/feeding accordingly, but it's tough.

I like Dr. Bluestein's bedside manner and he always makes me laugh. He has put me at ease many times. That's why we keep seeing him in spite of the terrible wait times. I don't agree with all of his advice, but we are a little alternative, so that would be the case with any doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I have taken my 4 kids to him for over 15 years now and most of the staff are extremely rude. The office is dirty enough to ensure that you'll be back again soon! When it comes to making an important diagnosis (anything more complex than the common cold) he fails. Not to mention you have to wait 2 hours in the waiting room to see him. I wish I could find a new paediatrician but they are all taken! So with the exception of my useless yearly physicals with him we just end up going to the walk-in clinic or my GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Minimum two hour wait.( Last appt. was three hours ) Very good doctor, however seems to be too busy to take the time to explain or follow up with specialist appts. Very disappointed the practice has become more about maximizing income and not patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2011

Norm is the best, down to earth doctor. My kids are in their 20's and no longer see him but he is like an old family friend around here. The wait time is long because same day appointments are always given to worried parents, so don't complain people! I know the waiting is tough but same day appointments to a specialist are rare and save on many ER trips, even on weekends. We miss you Norm and wish you were our family doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2011

The staff @ this office is terrible, they keep you on hold for a long time and forget to call you if they need to cancel your appointment for whatever reason. Recently, they cancelled my appointment without notifying me. I have a newborn baby, it was very frustrating travelling all that way only to find out my appointment was cancelled. The staff replied, "did no one contact you?" It was clear the staff is unorganized. The doctor is good, he's always running 1 hr late. If your appointment is 10am you won't see him until 11am+, so make sure to pack a lot of snacks for your little one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2010

One of the best children's diagnostic physicians. He never misses a diagnosis and I always trust what he suggests. He is always pleasant and caring and doesn't rush you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Dr Blustein is the most knowledgeable physician I have encountered with my two children. He displays the qualities of a terrific doctor. Easy to approach, assertive, and helpful! There's a reason for the wait, HES THE BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

Dr Blustein has NEVER respected any appointment.The child would be having fever and dr Blustein would be taking his chocolate break!!Why take so many patients if you are busy already!??He doesn't know how to read an audiogramme...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

He is a great doctor, however, we have always had to wait at least 45min to an hour to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1494982].votes_count ]]