Rate Dr. Mark M. Alwan

Dr. Mark M. Alwan's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

BURNED URETER DURING HYSTERECTOMY!! If you are thinking of having Dr. Alwan perform your hysterectomy, think again! The night after my hysterectomy, I was screaming in pain. I had the nurse call Dr. Alwan. Three hours later, I was prescribed more medication. The following day, he didn't even come to see me in the hospital. He just discharged me over the phone!!! Three days post surgery, I was in his office in excruciating pain. He seemed very nervous and advised me to go to the emergency room. I was eventually advised that Dr. Alwan destroyed my ureter. It was BURNED and totally shut. I have had five painful procedures in the last ten months to try and fix this mess! I have been in constant pain and have had four stents that extend from inside my kidney to inside my bladder. As of now, ten months post surgery, my ureter has not healed, and I still have a stent!! In three months, this last stent will be removed, and a reconstructive surgery may have to be performed.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Alwan and his staff during my pregnancy. I was originally seeing another OBGYN at the beginning of my pregnancy but switched because I didn't feel as if she was providing the time I needed. I switched to dr Alwan because he has a nurse and PA that sees patients which allows more one on one time with each patient. Every time I would go to my OB appts whoever I saw would take the time to talk to me and answer any questions I may have. At the end of my pregnancy I had a few complications and Dr. Alwan made sure I understood everything and was comfortable with the plan of action. The office staff is wonderful as well. They are all very helpful and polite. I would recommend Dr Alwan to anyone. I will be seeing him as my new gyn and will definitely go back to him when/if I have another baby. I can't say enough good things about Dr and his staff!

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

Wonderful bedside manner. One of the best doctors I have seen in a while. He is very caring, listens and allows me to be involved in the decision making process. He performed a hysterectomy and bladder lift and I was back to normal after 2 weeks. I would recommend him to my family and friends

Submitted Feb. 18, 2013 | flag

Amazing! Wonderful! Kind! You will be in good hands! I felt very safe and his staff are excellent.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2013 | flag

First of all, let me say this; Dr. Alwan is very experienced and it shows. I had two prior DNCs with different doctors and my recovery was extremely painful. With Dr. Alwan, I had one miscarriage and the recovery following the DNC he performed was painless and there was no bleeding. He delivered my two children and did it superbly. I admit, you usually have to wait longer than an hour at the office to see him or the nurse practitioner. I think they overbook. It's true that the staff will usually schedule you with a nurse practitioner because you can get in sooner but you can request to make an appointment to see him and they will do that for you. It may be at a time that may not be convenient for you but he is in high demand. Also, if after hours you want to call for an urgent matter, he won't call you back. I called back in January or 2011 because I had a fever and wanted to know if I should take tylenol. I didn't get a call back and opted in not taking tylenol.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Alwan scheduled an induction and then didn't show to deliver my child. He didn't come to see me until several hours later. I still had to pay him even though the hospital staff dr. had to deliver my baby. The first time I met him he told me he prided himself on being on time to appointments. Well he missed the most important one. I also heard from some that work at that hospital that Dr. Alwan is often late or does not show for his delivers at this particular hospital.

Submitted April 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Alwan delivered my first baby 1 1/2 years ago. He was wonderful, he showed up when it was time and was very upbeat and confident when he saw me (it was 2am or something like that). Throughout my pregnancy, he was patient and thoughtful. He not only answered all my questions and concerns, he literally made sure to sit down and relaxed with me at every visit to make sure all my questions were addressed. After my baby was born, I had to change my medical group due to my pediatrician being in a different group. But now that I'm expecting my second child, of course, I changed back to Dr. Alwan and now I'm able to keep my first born with his own physician. I started seeing Dr. Alwan right away when I found out I was pregnant and I must tell you, the second time around is just as wonderful so far. I recommended Dr. Alwan to all my friends and family. He is a true veteran to his practice and I appreciate all he has to contribute to the medical field. JTran

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

He is simply the best. I received the best care of my life. Yes, he is busy – face it - if he had only one patient – that in its self would be quite telling! He saw me on emergency basis. The day before he saw me I was about to go to the emergency for what I thought was appendicitis attack, crippling pain. After I realized it was not my little ole appendix I saw Dr. Alwan immediately. He agreed to see me at moments notice and told me what his diagnosis was. He told me what my choices were and I looked him straight in the eye and asked, “What would you say to me if I were your sister?” He responded and I decided what I wanted to do. I gave him a list of questions before I went into and got out of surgery so that I would not have any doubts. Thank you Dr. Alwan you are the best!

Submitted June 7, 2010 | flag

always good feeling and confident he'll fix the problem. stays in the room for as lomg as I need him polite kind and makes me feel he cares.Laureen

Submitted May 22, 2010 | flag