Dr. Cory Sul

Rate Dr. Cory Sul

Dr. Cory Sul's Ratings

Basically everyone that has commented so far has been a hater.... And I wouldn't say useful to anyone looking for a review. They're all complaining about how their kids cry and the dentist - MOST kids DO cry at the dentist's office! Get a grip! I've been going to Dr. Sul for a few years now and he has been great! Also, people are complaining that Dental Assistants have been cleaning their child's teeth - dental assistants are trained professionals, so I don't know why they're all complaining, and do you think Dr. Sul is an octopus and can work on every kid that has an appointment at that time? They book multiple kids at the same time, so that is where dental assistants come in! It wouldn't be a very successful dentist's office if they could only take one patient at a time! And, Dr. Sul checks up on every kid at the end of the appointment, so it's not like you're left hanging - Yes, a qualified dentist has confirmed that your child's teeth are just fine. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Sul!

Submitted Nov. 1, 2011 | flag

Here is my issue wit Dr Sul, my kids love the games and TVs etc. However when I pay for a dentist at Manitoba dental rates I do not want a hygienist or assistant doing the work. Outside of occasionally looking at my kids teeth after a cleaning Dr Sul has performed no dentistry on my child. My child has had fillings performed by other staff (not trained dentists) which I was not comfortable with. However the final stroke for me was a sports injury my child sustained which required a baby root canal and a crown. Again no Dr. Sul instead a non dentist staff member. He never even checked the work. The assistant was rude and condescending to my scared child and spouse. I will never send my child there again. Read these ratings with a grain of salt. All the kids love the extras but it is lipstick on a pig. Not sure what dentistry Dr. Sul does but clearly he has a production line of lower salaried staff doing the heavy lifting while charging full price and sacrificing quality.

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

I do not recommend this dentist. It was my daughter's first visit to the dentist. We were told she needed a root canal. (and also that she would need braces when she is older..she is only 5 and on her first set of teeth still!...inappropriate I thought for her first visit)We went back to have her root canal done, but it was not Dr. Sul who was going to work on her teeth but a dental therapist.??? The dental therapist was very nervous and made us all feel uncomfortable. My daughter was crying and said she did not want to stay....the therapist told me that I was too close to my daughter and should have someone else bring her next time....very rude and unprofessional. We left and I am so glad we found a FABULOUS dental clinic......children's dental world...I recommend that clinic...my daughter loves going there!!!

Submitted Feb. 14, 2011 | flag

i have been going to dr sul for many years. i never had a problem with him until i got older. one day i went in for a check up, he told me nothing was wrong except i needed to have one of my baby teeth removed (fang tooth) my tooth was not bugging me in any way so i simple said no. then i recived many on going phone calls and voice mails telling me to make an appointment to get my tooth removed. so finally i gave in. i went in for the appoint. sul did not do the sugery, another staff member did. after the tooth was removed he finally came in and told me my tooth would take months even years to grow in. i burst into tears (im an 18 year old girl without a front tooth.) he told me to make another appoint. to get a filling for a flap (a retainer with a fake tooth)that would cost me $75 for his mistake. i was furious. a year an a half later my tooth is only half way grown in. sul sure knows how to take your money, now im very self conscious about my smile. i have now since switched doctors!

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag

Everyone who posted something that said something bad about the assistants is straight up ignorant. To become a dental assistant you have to go to college, where you learn how to fill cavities, and properly clean teeth. They don’t just put up a sign outside and people walk in off the street. I went to Dr. Sul as a kid and i damn well enjoyed it, obviously all kids are not going to be ok with strangers drilling in their teeth, it hurts a lot. At any dentist office you'll get kids who love their dentist and kids who hate their dentist. Just because you got stuck with one of the haters doesn’t give you the right to discredit a good dentist when you yourself know absolutely nothing about dentistry.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2010 | flag

I will NOT COME BACK here and would not recommend anyone either. My 4 yr old daughter had a cleanning everything was fine, the next visit she had 4 cavities I was told needed to be filled right away but Dr. Sul couldn't see her for 6 mths so I could book with the "assistants" I now know that's a BIG NO-NO, no work should ever be done by an assistant but a DENTIST! She was very very scared, the assistant that we got made things worse by telling her if she didn't listen she would have to be gased, they kicked me out of the room thinking it would make things better and she came out of there running!!! They told me I was the problem and I should get someone else to bring her, her aunty took her back and switched assistants as the first one did nothing but yell and scare her they were able to do the fillings which in less then 6 mnth cracked and fell out Dr. Sul NEVER CHECKED HER WORK!!! We now see a REAL children's dentist

Submitted Dec. 10, 2009 | flag

We have swithched dentists due to the fact that Dr. Sul seems intent on our son having surgery that we consider needless (to pull a tooth that since fell out on its own and to put sealants on his teeth). We felt pressured to pay a $400 fee up front for the surgery and were always charged for a cleaning when he only had his teeth brushed by an assistant. The last visits left us feeling uneasy and we have switched to a pediatric dentist at Childrens Hospital. He indicated that the surgical centre wouldn't have touched our son due to the fact that he has Down syndrome and is at higher risk for complications with anesthesia. As for the sealants, kids with DS have a lower incidence of cavities than the general population (which Dr. Sul didn't know). Also didn't care for Dr. Sul referring to our son as "kids like him" all the time.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

I like this docors office he is reasonable priced I went to one dentist and got quote of 1500 and then went to SUls office and same work for 900!!!! my son had multiple cavities!! and they did a really good job my son wanted to come back!!! Thanks GREAT JOB!!!!! Jenny

Submitted July 27, 2009 | flag

My daughter was fearful all week at the prospect of going to the dentist, so I warned Dr. Sul's staff about this. They were fabulous with her! They actually made her have fun throughout the whole cleaning and x-ray process. She loved that Dr. Sul chatted directly with her and didn't just ignore her to talk to us. He's well-suited to work with children. The waiting room and play structure were a big hit, too.

Submitted July 22, 2009 | flag

My son loves going to the dentist and I give Dr. Sul all the credit for this. He definitely knows kids and has designed his space and hired his staff with this in mind. He has always been friendly, knowledgable and his fees are comparable with the ones I pay for myself and my husband at a different dentist. I don't have any idea what people are complaining about. The fees are set by a guide and are completely fair.

Submitted July 20, 2009 | flag