Rate Dr. Michael Copland

Dr. Michael Copland's Ratings

Dr. Copland is knowledgeable, thorough, extremely good at what he does, and a very kind and caring doctor as well. I have seen him for 6 years now for a complicated and rare disorder, and he has been a lifesaver (literally) in the sea of confusion that is our health care system. He doesn't hesitate to investigate a condition that has nothing to do with your kidneys if he feels it is warranted, and he follows up on every test he orders. He is remarkably accessible for a specialist, as well. Anybody would be lucky to have him as their doctor. I have been very grateful for his skill and expertise through the years.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2013 | flag

I met Dr. Copeland when he was a Fellow at St. Pauls Hospal and I was a dialysis patient. I was interested in Home Hemo dialysis and he was interested in starting this a program. Eventually, he got the program started. It now benefits me, and hundreds of other patients across BC. I started dialysis in 1982 and have had the great fortune of getting some of the best Nephrologists in the world. Dr. Copeland is one of the those doctors. He is very intelligent,caring, empathetic and has a great sense of humour. My appointments with him are always positive, no matter what health issues I face. I am so grateful for his care.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Copeland was very personable, thorough, friendly, punctual and we felt like we were in good hands. Two thumbs up for Dr, Copeland. Thank you.

Submitted May 17, 2012 | flag

Amazing! Takes time to answer questions. Knowledgeable, personable, comforting. One of the best doctors I've had in my life.

Submitted April 16, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Copland for over ten years. He was wonderful at explaining what was going, vigilant in trying out different medications to correct it and has kept my kidney disease in check very successfully. I can't imagine a better doctor (or a nicer person).

Submitted Nov. 18, 2011 | flag

I liked Dr. Copland and saw him for many years. Recently I had cancer and my kidney function became severely reduced. Dr. Copland did not reprise me of the seriousness of my kidney function or lack thereof. Although he meant well, I was not aware of how loss of kidney function would affect my future. I wish he had been upront.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

Dr. Copeland is an excellent doctor. He has been very punctual, appears to be very knowledgeable, is helpful, clear and concise and is very open and clear in explanations, He listens well and is very responsive to patient concerns. I found him very friendly and easy to talk to and his examination was very thorough. He also appears to be quite accessible. He's the best doctor I've seen for a long time.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2011 | flag

Fantastic nephrologist. Our family has had the misfortune to need to see him both for very early stage and fairly late stage kidney disease, and he's great for both sets of patients. Takes the time to give good care, really cares about his patients, and knows what he's talking about. The late stage patient in our family has seen many nephrologists in the past, and Dr. Copland is definitely the best one that we've seen, both in terms of his knowledge and his bedside manner.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2009 | flag

Excellent doctor! He explains procedures thoroughly which helps with anxiety associated with the unkown.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2009 | flag

excellent doctor, very knowledgable and easy to talk with

Submitted June 9, 2007 | flag