Dr. J.A. Carey

Rate Dr. J.A. Carey

Dr. J.A. Carey's Ratings

have always had great visits to the office with clear options and and understanding of processes involved in appointment and the condition of my vision.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2618170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

For the person who complained he asked you not to wear perfume, he is not being rude it is posted everywhere not to wear it due to his allergies. He is very polite and patient, being seeing him for 20 years. they have up to date technology and their prices are on par with the other optometrist clinics in Toronto. He refers when he feels it is necessary for laser surgery or eye specialists for glaucoma and other eye problems. He identified my brother, when he was a child, as having reading disabilities that the teachers didn't pick up on and he was able to get tutor and extra help at school to improve his reading skills to normal. Good guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I have been using both glasses and contact lenses for many years, Dr. Carey took the time to help me with my contact lense issue and was able to obtain a confortable pair that I can read with even though I have a lot of stigmatism. He is wonderful. I've been his patient only for a short period of time but both my husband and I love his staff and the service we've been given. Highly recommend him...great person, wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I have been using this Dr for four years and from the start he showed a total lack of interest in patient care. His primary goal is to have to take expesive test and buy glasses from his practice. He goes as far as advising you that other glasses provider do not know how to fill a prescription properly therefore you should only get your glasses from him. After declining an optiona and unnecessary test, that would cost an additonal $60, he still attempted to scare me into doing the test. I refused and low and behold he discovered that my eyes were fine and I didn't need the test after all. The final straw was when he insisted on putting dilating drops in my eyes after I told him that I had to drive home and it was night time. He assured me that I would be fine but driving home was a nightmare. I had perhaps 50% visibility and had to stay in my right lane for saftey. Do not used this doctor. He looks out for his pocket not his patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1502765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

I went to get my eyes checked and I waited for 45 minutes before I had to go and ask if he was running behind. The back room where my eye test's were conducted was very dirty, dog hair on the chair, unfiled papers on every shelf and it looked like it had not been vaccumed in months. The doctor was nice but I did not trust what he was telling me. When they put the drops in my eyes to enlarge my pupils, he was only able to get the drops in one eye, but still went ahead to check the eye although my pupil was not dialted, meaning he would not have been able to accurately check my one pupil because it was to small in size. I then waited in the waiting room for another 20 minutes,(he told me I would only wait 5 minutes) before he finished the appointment. I would not recommend this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1502764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Carey since 2002, he is a wonderful doctor and his staff are great. Dr. Carey is very thurough and takes no chances with your vision, he monitors any changes to your vision very closely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1502762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

After 20 years, Shakila (who fits glasses) was horrible to me! I needed to change the lenses in my glasses in 2011 and she refused, claiming I hadn't been in since 2008, when in fact my last visit and prescription was May 2010. Very confusing...now I have to find a new eye doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1502761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2012

My friend referred me to this Dr. He gave me a very strong prescription, I had headache for weeks. I followed-up with him, he was like yea..it's normal, since your eyes need more time to get adapt!! I went back again, and I insisted to give me a lower prescription, which he did but was not really happy at all ;p and it worked just great for me...He wanted me to come back for more examinations for stupid things after he knew that I was 100% covered by my employer...I would NEVER recommend this Dr to anyone, it was a really bad experience for me...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1502763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

I found this office to be very informed and helpfull with purchasing my invisable glasses. I have now gotten 4 pairs of glasses from this office, and the price is better than retail for the high quality products they carry. My last visit i had to wait longer than usually but when he has an elderly patient who takes up more time i completely understand. Keep up the good work Doc and the girls

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1502760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2010

Dr. Carey has been my eye doctor for over 20 years. I would never trust my eyes to anyone else. He is always willing to answer any and all questions I have, always provides the most up-to-date technology for his patients so that we always have the most thorough eye exam possible. His staff is #1 in my books, I have never had to try on more then 4 frames before finding the perfect pair for my prescription and face shape. They have been overly courteous to me, when needing repairs on my newest pair or even an older pair of glasses. If the only thing he asks is that I don't wear any scented products in his office, I am more then willing to do that for the best eye care possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1502759].votes_count ]]