Rate Dr. Melvin D. Koplow

Dr. Melvin D. Koplow's Ratings

Excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable. Great friendly staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I been going to him since I was a child, now my son goes to him. I trust him with my life. He was the first person to know I was pregnant and will always be there for anyone of his patients ... I strongly recommend him to anyone ... I tell him all the time he can't retire

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2511902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

The best and most amazing pediatrician ever

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Dr. Koplow may have a nasty bedside manner at times, but he is the absolute BEST pediatrician out there. His love for children cannot be touched by anyone. He's extremely intelligent, always diagnoses correctly and is there for you no matter what time of day or night.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2125218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

This doctor is the absolute rudest I have ever encountered. I took my 5 month old for his first visit, and as I was filling out paperwork, the doctor stormed out of the back and started yelling at me in front of the entire waiting room regarding a vaccine. He had mistaken me for another parent, and when brought to his attention he said snidely that he was tired, and that was it. As if that was not enough, he was rude to me and my child during his "exam" in what was a make-shift exam room made out of a closet. Furthermore, there is a clause in his privacy notice that you sign, stating that he has ownership of pictures and videos that are taken in his office, which considering the placement of the notice, I found to be sneaky. I would never return to this doctor and would discourage anyone from even considering taking their children to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2125233].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 6, 2011

took my son for shots yesterday which yes he is behind but due to him having and operation and being sick doctor made me sign a paper stating he was getting certain shots when in fact that was not what he had given my son and when i said something to defend myself he caused a scene cursing and ripping my son out of my arms then continued to be rough and call me a bad parent he blocked the doorway for me to leave and when i left the office i was hysterical crying ive never been talked to like that in my life and on top of that he dicussed another patients personal life with me a visit before because i knew them very un professional, arrogant and rough with children, curses infront of children office is not child friendly there was pictures on his wall of the family guy charcters with shirts off in bras not something i want my child seeing....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2125232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

When your child is extremely sick and you're looking for an exceptional Doctor who will diagnose your child ACCURATELY and give you the support and confidence you need, look no further Dr. Koplow is the pediatrician who will meet all your needs. Besides Dr. Koplow being a great Dr. on an everyday basis he is an unbelievable Dr. when there is an emergency. My daughter is four years old. I had two emergency incidents that I thought I was going to die. Dr. Koplow was there for my daughter and me. He diagnosed her correctly, educated me, and led me in the right direction. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate him and trust him. He truly cares for his patients. I do not know what I would do without him. P.S. my daughter loves him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2125217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Dr. Koplow was my pediatrician (I am now 36 and I still see him on occasion.). I take both of my kids to him because I trust him implicitly. Yes, he can be "abrasive" at times but he has such a big heart. He has a genuine love for children and has much knowledge. He has offices in both Brooklyn and Staten Island. He may get busy at times, but that should speak volumes about what a fantastic doctor he is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2125216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

i have been a patient of his for 20 years, my first doctor. he has helped me through the years as a great doctor. very knowledgeable and a great sense of humor. the man is a great individual and has helped me medicinally and has helped me grow with his words of wisdom. great man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2125215].votes_count ]]