Dr. Wayne Wright

Rate Dr. Wayne Wright

Dr. Wayne Wright's Ratings

Unprofessional. Unhygienic. Arrogant. Rude. Not worth the price you pay. A waste of your time. When I was there he refused to wear gloves, or a mask over his moustache that had the remnants of his lunch stuck in it. Every Single Time! Going from patient to patient. Also I paid for a porcelain filling, but he gave me an amalgam filling instead and then refused to fix his mistake.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

I recently moved to Guelph and was looking for a dentist. I found Dr. Wright from the local paper. I agree with the other comments that not wearing gloves is pretty gross, but I was willing to overlook it. Dr. Wright seemed very knowledgeable and I was impressed with him showing me what's going on with my teeth by using a mirror and briefly explaining what he sees. The initial exam was very thorough, however the talk quickly turned to replacing a back filling that was only about a year old and getting a gold crown. Without thinking I agreed to have the filling replaced right there and then. Only problems since then.... I have tooth sensitivity all the time now and part of the filling chipped off leaving a rough edge in my tooth. When I called the office to schedule a visit to have the filling checked out I was told that I needed a root canal and they even had an appointment time scheduled without me knowing! Seems that root canals and fillings are this dentists' specialty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Very knowledgeable, very up-to-date with his equipment, excellent hygienists. I no longer live in Guelph, but I travel over 100km to see Dr. Wright. He's the best I ever had, and I'm not giving him up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2011

I was new in the city and chose him bec he was open on a weekend. First, he pressured me to have that skull x-ray which I did not need - he just wanted the money. Then he told me I need three fillings and two root canals. My intuition made me suspicious - I am over 50 and never needed a root canal, I take really good care of my teeth. I went for a second opinion. Guess what? No root canals needed and only one filling! He just wanted the payback I guess because he gave me the name of the root canal guy he wanted me to go to. Six years later, with regular checkups, all those teeth he identified are still fine. He even tried to persuade me by showing me the x-ray - as if I'd been to dental school! In fact that is what made me suspicious. Trust your instincts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

This man applied tons of pressure trying to get me to agree to many expensive procedures-root canals, crowns, and became angry when I did not comply. Eventually, he brought in his wife to try, yet again, to get me to agree, which I did not do. Many years later, I still have all but one of the teeth he had designated for procedures... Is money his primary "modus operandi", or does he really care? Oh, yes, some his fillings were less than acceptable-my tongue was constantly grating against the rough edges of his work, unlike the work of one of his colleagues, whose work was exemplary. When I moved to another location, in 2001, I took the cast of my upper and lower teeth to the new dentist, thinking it would cut down on the need for unnamed procedures. The new dentist showed no interest in my plaster cast. Why did Dr. Wright ask me to agree to his request for a plaster cast? My final comment, I was supposed to get a white crown;instead I was given a gold one which had to be redone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

The previous statements do not sound like Dr Wayne Wright!.He has been our family dentist for 3o years and we have never had a problem with him or his staff. Very pleasant, helpful and kind. I would recomond him to everyone. My youngest son had fillings done withiut freezing, because he was very frightened of the needles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

Dr wright is unfortunately a terrible dentist. He has permanently screwed up my teeth, because he took braces off a year too early, and now, I'm stuck with the terrible results. To me, he is only out for one thing. A quick buck $$$$

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2010

I have been one of his patients for the past 10 years and have always had some minor issues with him over the years, that I was able to see past. I had to go in for a regular visit about 6 weeks ago that resulted in another visit being necessary for a follow-up proedure. At my next visit last week, I was appalled at the cleanliness of the office. The office which was always clean has gone down hill significantly. I am looking for a new doctor right now as his poor chairside manner coupled with the office cleanliness and miserable staff has mad my decision to find a new dentist

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2010

Dr. Wright was late for my appointment, and when he did eventually see me, he left several times throughout the appointment. More disturbingly, he didn't wear gloves throughout the examination (I should have left right then and there) and he was extremely rude. I think it is time to retire!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

I'm tired of returning to have the same tooth addressed (filling falls out). All I can say is if you want something fixed right don't go to this dentist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503348].votes_count ]]