Rate Dr. Daryoush Jamal

Dr. Daryoush Jamal's Ratings

I have been against medication for years.. what a dumb decision that was. My life has changed over night. I'm kicking myself for not getting on treatment much much earlier for my ADHD. Dr Jamal was excellent in explaining ADHD to me and gave me plenty of information and resources to learn more about my condition and whats the standard of treatment. I felt like a switch turned on in my brain that was off for years. I'm so mad at myself for being so ignorant; I keep thinking what my life would have been like if I was started on treatment when I was in grade school. I guess better late than never! I really like Dr Jamal's demeanor and he is easy to talk to and I he makes me feel as he is on my side and for my well being and not just pushing his ideas or medication that some pharmaceutical company is advertising on t.v. Its best to see a specialist in ADHD like Dr Jamal than just any garden variety psychiatrist or just a general doctor. i have been under Dr Jamal's care for over 4+ years.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2012 | flag

i would like to share my experience with dr daryoush jamal m.d. with parents like myself that have a child with adhd. dr jamal really changed my son's life around. i was a disbeliever in adhd with all the bad news you hear. i was very sceptical about putting my son on medication. i cant believe the difference in my son. hes making friends, feels better about himself, is doing so much better in school, caught up with his reading, in only a matter of a few months. the results were pretty immediate and dramatic. he is just so much happier and i really have to thank dr jamal for being patient with me, listening to my concerns, explaining things in a way i can understand and helping me cope with my sons mental illness. i'm very happy and pleased with his service. i highly recommend him. in fact, 2 of my friends have taken their kids with adhd for him to evaluate and they're still with him and are very happy as well. he is now in pasadena, closer to my son's school. i will grade him A+

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

if you're experiencing fancy furniture, a hotty receptionist, expensive paintings and sculptures, a fancy aquarium in the waiting room, as most doctors in beverly hills, south pasadena or even arcadia portray then you're in for a disappointment.. Dr Jamal is all about being down to earth and down to the bare essentials. He makes up for these scenic hoopla with his passion for his patient's wellbeing, paying attention to detail and getting a very comprehensive history from you, that none of my 3 prestigious psychiatrist did as a whole. Dr Daryoush Jamal aka DR J to my kids, is just amazing. He has a natural knack for diagnosing psychiatric illnesses far more superior than those considered to be the gurus in the field.. he does all this by listening, asking questions, taking notes, asking more questions to clarify what you just said, and coming to a final diagnosis with your participation, including medication(s) he's going to recommend to you. How fabulous is that. He's simply Great! A+

Submitted Oct. 19, 2011 | flag

Submitted May 31, 2011 | flag

great doctor, great manner, LISTENS, explains medical jargon in plain English for better understanding, prompt with time, courteous secretary, great clinician, got in to see him in ONE week!! diagnosed my issue correctly. I've been on treatment for over 9 months and doing better than i have ever have in the last ten years with 6 other psychiatrists i had seen, until i read this doctor's profile online (not sure what the bad comments are, but i agree with all the good ones; maybe that person was just having a bad day?!! everyone is entitled to one!).. Dr. Jamal is a great psychiatrist and i highly recommend him; in fact i have recommended him to my family members & few close friends. I just wish his practice was closer to me! Thanks Dr J.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2010 | flag

Seems bizarre to read all these consistently glowing comments about this doctor. My partner and I had a terrible experience during the brief time we saw him. He seemed very nice. However, after a single appointment he drastically changed my partner's medications (which had kept him relatively stable for over a year) to medications that made him worse. And he prescribed a generic medication for me that my previous and following psychiatrists knew would cause a severely upset stomach. When I did develop stomach problems he seemed to imply I was imagining things. Even the pharmacist suggested I get a new doctor.

Submitted July 10, 2010 | flag

I went to Dr. Jamal to have my medications monitored after changing insurance carriers. Dr. Jamal spent a significant amount of time with me the first session to evaluate my symptoms. He was calm, engaging and knowledgeable. He gave me his undivided attention and explained his findings thoroughally. He explained his diagnosis for me, the medication being prescribed and possible side effects. Dr. Jamal scheduled a return visit three weeks later to further assess my needs. I made very noticeable improvements since starting on the new medication, Vyvance with a diagnosis of ADHD. The changes in me were significant. Since starting the medication I have been able to concentrate more fully for longer time periods. I no longer misplace my keys, purse etc. each day. I do a lot of paperwork in my job and the medication helps me to think clearly without distracation and complete my assignments. Dr. Jamal noticed my progress and listened to my subjective report. Thank you Dr. Jamal!!!

Submitted March 13, 2010 | flag

Most knowledgeable and understanding Psychiatrist I have worked with in the last 25 years.. very helpful and friendly staff.. very punctual & respectful of your time as a patient, I wish I could have had Dr. Jamal as my psychiatrist from the beginning.. he is truely an amazing psychiatrist, doctor, human being.. I highly recommend him!!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2009 | flag

polite, knowlegeable, cares greatly for his patients and spends the time, expensive but worth it, specially for my child!

Submitted Sept. 21, 2007 | flag