You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark Matishak

Dr. Mark Matishak's Ratings

Well here is my story; I had collapsed vertebrae with impingement and was referred to Dr. Matishak ,he told me I was a perfect candidate for the new prodiscL . So I was put on a waiting list for almost a year, in which case now my nerves are permanently damaged from being inpinged for too long. Dr.matishak told my options were rods and screws or the prodiscL or just deal with it!!! He also told me that I wouldn't have any pain or numbness after surgery and I would be able to walk. I was able to walk with some pain for about two months post surgery and then the pain came back with a fury! I phoned the doctor to tell him that it didn't work and I'm I more pain than I was and he said I have to come and see him,so I did and all he could do is give me pills and tell me to wait a little longer. I called back after a few month of waiting in total pain

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Matishak immediately instilled great confidence in myself, my daughter and my mother. We all knew that I was in extremely capable hands. All the doctors I have subsequently talked to, both socially and professionally, have said I was very lucky to get Dr. Matishak when I arrived at Royal Columbian by ambulance. He never hurries me because he's too busy. He is in fact the easiest man I have ever met to talk to. He always answers all my questions clearly so that I can understand what's going on. Thank you Dr. Matishak. You saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

Amazing man I feel so fortunate he will be operating on me in 9 months and 14 days. It will be life changing for me and my family. I am anticipating my return to physical fitness and my newest interest kayaking.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2684469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Personable, professional and thorough creating a great sense of confidence in a complex decision process

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2581876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Outstanding experience from beginning to end. Fully informed us of the process all steps of the way. Delivered a seamless surgery (discectomy) transforming spasmodic agony to pain-free normality. Could not have been better.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2562440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I am so pleased to have him as my Doctor he is wonderful. His staff is also the best you will come across. We are so lucky to have a Doctor as his caliber in BC.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2560626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2512124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

After seeing him privately and paying a lot of money he told me to adjust my life to work around my pain. Yet another doctor who seems to think life long pain is acceptable. I do not recommend him at all. I feel completely cheated out of my money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Great Doctor so polite made me feel like a person not a number , thank you for my new life free of pain. I would 100% say Mark is the number 1 surgeon

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1505626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

Incredible. Dr. Matishak was calm, informative, personable and most of all assuring that emergency surgery for my L4-5 disk (cauda equina ) was the right thing to do. My husband and I were terrified as I've never had surgery before and your spine is nothing to sneeze at. After conversations with him, we were most confident in him and had total peace with it. Now 6 months after the survey I am living a normal life that I had lost for years and years. Brilliant, and straight to the point not to mention the outstanding track record. I strongly recommend Dr. Matishak to anyone needing neurosurgery. What a blessing that I ended up in Columbia New West hospital, this man gave my life (and my husbands), youth back. Life is Good Again!!! Thank you so much for your dedication, skills, and passion to truly help those who are in need Dr. Matishak.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1505625].votes_count ]]