Rate Dr. Mark Matishak

Dr. Mark Matishak's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 24, 2014 | flag

After seeing him privately and paying a lot of money he told me to adjust my life to work around my pain. Yet another doctor who seems to think life long pain is acceptable. I do not recommend him at all. I feel completely cheated out of my money.

Submitted June 21, 2014 | flag

Great Doctor so polite made me feel like a person not a number , thank you for my new life free of pain. I would 100% say Mark is the number 1 surgeon

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag

Incredible. Dr. Matishak was calm, informative, personable and most of all assuring that emergency surgery for my L4-5 disk (cauda equina ) was the right thing to do. My husband and I were terrified as I've never had surgery before and your spine is nothing to sneeze at. After conversations with him, we were most confident in him and had total peace with it. Now 6 months after the survey I am living a normal life that I had lost for years and years. Brilliant, and straight to the point not to mention the outstanding track record. I strongly recommend Dr. Matishak to anyone needing neurosurgery. What a blessing that I ended up in Columbia New West hospital, this man gave my life (and my husbands), youth back. Life is Good Again!!! Thank you so much for your dedication, skills, and passion to truly help those who are in need Dr. Matishak.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

When I met Dr. Matishak, my condition was that of severe nerve pain. I was crawling, utilizing a wheelchair and progressively suffering with a diagnosis of Degenerative disc disease. My lifestyle has always been that of a highly positive and mindful athlete, however my back pain had ultimately taken over my life. When I was first introduced to Dr. Matishak, he treated me with an egalitarian presence, always respectful and accomodating to my family and diversity. My experiences pre/during/post surgery (L2, L3 Discectomy)have been positively life altering. Dr. Matishak is extremely dedicated, compassionate and caring towards not only myself, but each member of his team as well. He treated me as if I was part of his family. As a whole person with an injury, rather than a patient with a number. I strongly recommend Dr. Matishak with all my heart felt gratitude, for anyone that is looking for a neurosurgen. He has not only changed my life, but transformed and saved it as well. God bless!

Submitted Feb. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Matishak; his family, and complimentary caring staff at Royal Columbian Hospital make up one of the most compassionate humanitarian teams that it was our family's great fortune to benefit by his neurological knowledge and expertise. Be assured you are "positively" in the master's hands should you also be blessed with his medical attendance. Merry Christmas to Dr. Matishak; his family and all the caregivers at RCH.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Matishak is my lifesaver(more than once), My first meeting I stood in the waiting area fingers clenched into the walls,Within minutes he walked me from his office directly across the street to the hospital for emergency imaging & surgery.I am sorry for delaying other patients appointments that day, "he saved my life". He is very compassionate,often you will find him working all hours between 2 hospitals. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ His family deserves huge credit, they must miss him!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ **My wish for Dr. Matishak "an extended well deserved Family Vacation".

Submitted Sept. 22, 2012 | flag

I had a mulitlevel disc replacement done by Dr. Matishak last summer. I honestly feel that Dr. Matishak saved my life. His office staff treat me as if I were a part of their family and have always gone out of their way to get things moving quickly for me and have shown a great deal of empathy for the hell I had been living in and wanted to help me. Dr. Matishak always takes the time to listen and offer hope. I now have titanium in my C4/5 and C5/6 and I dont regret my surgery at all....it HAD to be done. I have just rec'd the MRI results on my L4/5 and S1 and will be seeing Dr. M to go over them soon. I trust him 100% and would never see another surgeon. If you are blessed to get Dr. M as your neurosurgeon please know you are in the best hands. A friend of mine was told by a different neurosurgeon that we cant do a multilevel disc replacement in Canada. So unfortunately he had his fused. 3 months later I HAD a multilevel disc replacement in Canada. Thank you Dr. Matishak and Bev.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2012 | flag

Lets talk about the staff that supports this doctor. The staff is kind, quick, and always willing to help on a personal basis, not like some computerized machine, they are all really human, down to earth, and that is what is needed by the staff when it comes to care of people and their feelings around the issues that may or may not save their lives. I cannot thank the staff enough, especially the main gal, whose names starts with B for Best. If Dr Matishak didn't have this kind of help and support at the front desk, he would surely be at a serious loss. thank you for all that you have done at the front desk, leading me to the best doctor that saved my life....thank you Doctor Matishak, all the time

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

The comment pertains his admin staff that called me for the confirmation. She was both rude and unprofessional, demanding that I must either except the appointment "right now" or she would cancel it (I was in the process of reorganizing my schedule to make the appointment and asked for 15 min). I then asked to leave a message for the Dr. and was treated with sarcasm and contempt. Frankly, it reflects very poorly on a professional when his staff behave in such a manner. The Dr. may very well walk on water...but this particular staff needs a lifeboat...desperately. I will be looking elsewhere for my health care services.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag