Rate Dr. Mark Matishak

Dr. Mark Matishak's Ratings

Personable, professional and thorough creating a great sense of confidence in a complex decision process

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2581876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Outstanding experience from beginning to end. Fully informed us of the process all steps of the way. Delivered a seamless surgery (discectomy) transforming spasmodic agony to pain-free normality. Could not have been better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I am so pleased to have him as my Doctor he is wonderful. His staff is also the best you will come across. We are so lucky to have a Doctor as his caliber in BC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2512124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

After seeing him privately and paying a lot of money he told me to adjust my life to work around my pain. Yet another doctor who seems to think life long pain is acceptable. I do not recommend him at all. I feel completely cheated out of my money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Great Doctor so polite made me feel like a person not a number , thank you for my new life free of pain. I would 100% say Mark is the number 1 surgeon

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1505626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

Incredible. Dr. Matishak was calm, informative, personable and most of all assuring that emergency surgery for my L4-5 disk (cauda equina ) was the right thing to do. My husband and I were terrified as I've never had surgery before and your spine is nothing to sneeze at. After conversations with him, we were most confident in him and had total peace with it. Now 6 months after the survey I am living a normal life that I had lost for years and years. Brilliant, and straight to the point not to mention the outstanding track record. I strongly recommend Dr. Matishak to anyone needing neurosurgery. What a blessing that I ended up in Columbia New West hospital, this man gave my life (and my husbands), youth back. Life is Good Again!!! Thank you so much for your dedication, skills, and passion to truly help those who are in need Dr. Matishak.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1505625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

When I met Dr. Matishak, my condition was that of severe nerve pain. I was crawling, utilizing a wheelchair and progressively suffering with a diagnosis of Degenerative disc disease. My lifestyle has always been that of a highly positive and mindful athlete, however my back pain had ultimately taken over my life. When I was first introduced to Dr. Matishak, he treated me with an egalitarian presence, always respectful and accomodating to my family and diversity. My experiences pre/during/post surgery (L2, L3 Discectomy)have been positively life altering. Dr. Matishak is extremely dedicated, compassionate and caring towards not only myself, but each member of his team as well. He treated me as if I was part of his family. As a whole person with an injury, rather than a patient with a number. I strongly recommend Dr. Matishak with all my heart felt gratitude, for anyone that is looking for a neurosurgen. He has not only changed my life, but transformed and saved it as well. God bless!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1505624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2013

Dr. Matishak; his family, and complimentary caring staff at Royal Columbian Hospital make up one of the most compassionate humanitarian teams that it was our family's great fortune to benefit by his neurological knowledge and expertise. Be assured you are "positively" in the master's hands should you also be blessed with his medical attendance. Merry Christmas to Dr. Matishak; his family and all the caregivers at RCH.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1505623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2012

Dr. Matishak is my lifesaver(more than once), My first meeting I stood in the waiting area fingers clenched into the walls,Within minutes he walked me from his office directly across the street to the hospital for emergency imaging & surgery.I am sorry for delaying other patients appointments that day, "he saved my life". He is very compassionate,often you will find him working all hours between 2 hospitals. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ His family deserves huge credit, they must miss him!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ **My wish for Dr. Matishak "an extended well deserved Family Vacation".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1505622].votes_count ]]