Dr. Kathy Hoegler

5 1 4.1

You may also like

Rate Dr. Kathy Hoegler

Dr. Kathy Hoegler's Ratings

I had Dr. Hoegler for 18 years. She was excellent. Not incompetent. She's very kind, knowledgeable and patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

My Son was born premature and we were referred to Dr. Hoegler. She was always helpful with any issues we had and she was very good with referring any issues that were not her specialty. Yes she is tough and to the point but I would not have wanted any other Doctor during this time of our lives. My Son is now 19 and in college. I want to thank Dr. Hoegler and her staff for all their support through the toughest time of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Our baby had a complicated medical history and was being followed by Dr. Hoegler, our family doctor, and several specialists at the Children's Hospital. It was difficult to schedule appointments with Dr. Hoegler, as she was often not working from her Guelph office (i.e., she also works out of Grand River Hospital and teaches), and her office typically rescheduled each of our appointments once or twice as her schedule seemed to change often. We were unable to get same-day appointments, and several times had to take our baby to the ER to be seen promptly for things Dr. Hoegler would have been better suited to deal with. She was quick to brush off any concerns we had, and she consistently tried to give her areas of responsibility in our baby's care to other doctors in the care team (for whom it was outside of their scope of practice, or they lacked the necessary training to competently take on that care), which left us with holes in the treatment plan. At one visit she had forgotten who we were, even though we had been there only a few days before. She was very rushed and scattered, mis-read the scale (and thus almost dose a medication incorrectly), and always seemed like she would rather be somewhere else. She was nice enough as a person, and she is clearly a very smart lady, but she doesn't seem to think parents are key players in their child's health. A shame.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I would not recommend her ....was not very helpful at all.....she is extremely rude, doesn't listen and yes very agrogant.........

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2588981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

For my personal experience she is the most incompetent and arrogant physical that I ever seen in my life. She happen to see my little one for very harsh hip pain that come on and off again day and night and she suggest my little one, 2 years old at the time, is doing the painful cry to get attention after she check certain lab test. She spent like 5 min. to chat with us in the hospital room.

She happen to convince the other nurses with the same conclusion that force us to leave the hospital for other options. I have no word to put my experience with her. How on earth you end up doing this? Really unprofessional. The cause could be anything, please get learn!

Ordinary people options and online source were much helpful than your incompetent comments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2467689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Dr. Hoegle is an extremely rude doctor. Makes you wait 45 mins or longer. When she does come in the room she is in a rush and doesn’t have time. When you ask for help she is very snotty. My daughter is a little over weight (30lbs, age 16) and there was no helping her from Dr. Hoegle. Dr. Hoegle basically called her "fat" and told that she needed to get on board. She has no idea what my daughters emotional state is and for a professional to say that is absolutely disgusting!! I would never recommend her to anyone!! BEWARE!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1508088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

She treats my son as a circus clown because he was a preemie, parading him to her interns. Missed that he has asthma. she gave me puffers for him (without explanation), but didn't take the time to train us how to properly use them. Her dose was over the top and my son ended up in emergency because of his breathing. Arrogant Arrogant Arrogant woman!! Won't listen to your concerns.Asked her a question about my son's health and she refused to answer because I hadn't booked her in to answer it! Are you serious? There was no one else waiting. Ignorant, rude, oh and did I forget to say arrogant? Do yourself a favour and find a doctor who cares. Had enough

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1508087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

Dr. Hoegler and her staff are first rate. My son saw her recently and she diagnosed him dead on and we were sent to Sick Kids right away. My daughter saw her 3 years ago and diagnosed her the same day and we were referred to a cardiologist for her care. I can't thank her and her staff enough for taking care of the most precious thing in my life, my kids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1508086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Hoegler is very capable, intelligent and practical. She answered all of our questions and remained accessible for additional follow up. I have a great deal of confidence in her diagnosis and advice. She related well to my 14 year old son, spoke openly with him and treated him with respect. She has a dry sense of humour and is very pleasant to deal with. I wish I had found her 14 years ago :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1508085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

We were worried to take our three adopted(FASD)kids to a new Doctor...we shouldn't have been. She was very kind, smart, and efficient. She saw things in just a few minutes that others have missed. We are thrilled to find her and to be able to get appts. for all three in just a few weeks. She answered all our questions efficiently and without making us feel silly for asking them. We would highly reccommend her and her office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1508084].votes_count ]]