You may also like

Rate Dr. M. Woolfrey

Dr. M. Woolfrey's Ratings

Worst scheduling ever, 3 hour waits, not professinal. Orthopedic care below average and the first time I meet Woolfrey it was his wife, I was surprised to see a man operate on me, I guess they double team you. Would have been nice to see him before surgery. Seems odd to me, but I guess that's ok with ohip. ? The worst part is scheduling and wasting my time, we should start billing him for wasted money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Last week the clinic wait time was horrible. 3 hours for me and my kid, for a 2 min visit with the doctor and another hour wait for X-ray and casting. I'm not sure if he's a good surgeon, but I know for sure that he's clinic wait time sucks.

2 years ago I had dr Pugh as a doctor and his clinic wait time was 15 min, which is more reasonable.

Why does dr. Woolfrey book so many at once.??? Really leaves a bad impression with patients

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2817419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

If you are a patient of dr. Woolfrey you already know that his clinics are busy and you have to wait, and wait and wait. If you are like me, retired and have all the time in the world, then it's ok, he's worth it. But if you have family obligations, work or in a rush to do stuff, this clinic is the worst . This past week I waited 4 hours, not unusual as I have been win him for years, and nothing has changed over the past. 5 years at least. The comments previous are spot on!!! There is room for improvement, and I'm not certain why he does not change? I've asked him many times before about, and he says that there are always more patients than time. So the answer is to limit your patients, be more focused on who you see and get rid of some that don't need to come. I'm one of those patients that comes yearly for an X-ray and to say hi and goodbye, short useless visit for me. I should tell him that I will only come back if I have pain, otherwise I can go fishing, it's more exciting.

I don't understand why the hospital does not intervene in his scheduling practice? Maybe we as patients should complain to them and get our tax dollars working for us.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2816734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

After waiting for 4 hours to see him, I can see why people are getting upset. He comes across as a nice guy, and probably knows why he's doing, but having such a horrible scheduling system gives a horrible impression . I've been to London and Hamilton, both of which are much bigger cities and the surgeons are just as good if not better, why is it that I can see the doctor in a timely fashion there and not in my home town? What is it about this dr that is different !!!! Well, let me tell you, after spending 4 hours waiting, and talking to a few other patients, and talking to the hospital administration here are a few reasons why

He rarely discharges patients from his practice. I talked to several patients who just come to say hello and goodbye, years after the treatment. He almost never tells patients to just come back as needed, he tells them to follow up for life. That is ridiculous, let the patient decide if they should come back based on pain or other issues, why does he need to see them for life!!! I think there is an alternative motive, money!!!!!

Why does he see patients from a knee scope day 1 after surgery in the clinic? I talked to 1 particular guy who had to travel 2 hours from his home to see the nurse to change his dressing, 1 day after surgery. He does about 5-10 knee scopes a week, and he sees them 3-4 times after surgery in the first 4 weeks --- no other surgeon in BGH or Hamilton or London does that!!! And he never discharges then, so they keep hanging around for life.

Why does he see new consults and follow ups in the same clinic? If he's wife is seeing new consults, why can't she do it in the office by herself and not in the clinic? Seems odd to me.

What's with all these injections!!! Take them out of the clinic and do them elsewhere or other date, it's a waste of human resources to register them and have them wait for a 2 min procedure !!! He has an assistant that can do it, why not just let them do it all on a different day!!!

He needs to hire more staff to help him out.

And finally, I saw something that really disturbed me. A couple of patients walked in directly to clinic, stood by the doctors door and as soon as he saw them they asked him for a refil. Apparently he gives narcotic refills to some of his patients for life. !!!! That seems very wrong, why is he giving refills to patients for addiction purposes !!! Isn't that the responsibility of chronic pain doctors or family docs to manage and treat. Seems like he's trying to be nice, but in reality just contributing to our societies addiction to narcotics

So I stand with all the negative reviews. He might be a good surgeon technically, but his medical practice sucks and he's motives are screwed up.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2816654].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 24, 2015

most of the reviews are unrealistic, he is very dedicated surgeon, and he likes his job alot and very hard worker, his wife is seeing patients as physician not because she is his wife.
He is always rounding at his patients and talking to the family about them. hamilton is not better than him by all means.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Terrible surgeon. My moms knee surgery got infected and needed several surgeries. She now has a stiff in and constant pain, much worse than before surgery. I would not recommend him at all. I hear that the Hamilton surgeons are better. Be cautious when you see him (or his wife) for consultation, they seem to be focused on money, and don't care about your wasted time and lost income.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2815599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I can't believe how they allow him to work in the hospital. He's clinic was crazy this week, 4 hour wait and people were lined up in the hallways. I was talking to a patient who just had surgery the day before and was coming for a checkup?? Sounds like a waste of time, why come day 1 after surgery, no one else does that. Seems like poor scheduling practice, or maybe he's doing it to get paid more for the visit. For whatever reason, it's a waste of our resources, and in a time of fiscal responsibility, he should change his practice to be more responsible.

I was coming for my regular injection every 3 months, which is ok with me, but why not schedule an injection clinic with his physician assistant instead, and not the crazy clinic. Seems like a simple solution, he needs to change.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2815587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Worst surgeon I've ever been to. Waited for 3 hours to see him, he gave me 3 minutes, an injection which made no difference and booked me for more useless injections. I've had 3 injections before and for the 30 seconds they take, it's not worth waiting 3 hours. Why can't he just fix the problem.

Why is his wife seeing Orthopaedic consults for him? Isn't she an ER doctor? I don't think the patients even know who Dr Mike woolfrey is, they think that Karen Woolfrey is the surgeon. That's ridiculous.

You need to see less patients, schedule better and be honest about your care, don't just do it for the money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2814467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I waited 4 hours in ER to be seen by a nurse and given a sling for my arm fracture. And today I waited for 3 hours in the fracture clinic to be seen by a tired, angry and not friendly surgeon. I can't believe at how many hours I've wanted to get shitty care. I heard great things about him, but today he did not impress me and I will go to someone else in the future. He needs to get better staff and schedule patients better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2814408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Just like the other reviews, I have to say that his scheduling is horrible. People are waiting for hours to see him, sometimes not even him, his wife or his assistant or his therapist. The appointments are short and not informative. I come every time with my father to review his tka, and all he does is look at the X-ray and say it's good. My father does not complain of pain, why are we coming every few months to review a painless patient. !!! Is he just seeing my father for billing purposes!!!! Maybe if he told patients to come only when they have issues, pain or disability, then his scheduling will be better. I think he sees too many redundant patients and should review his practice.

He is a good surgeon, but bad scheduler. We should start billing him time wasted in his clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811820].votes_count ]]