Rate Dr. M. Woolfrey

Dr. M. Woolfrey's Ratings

Doctor was gorgeous , accurate, great with my daughter and very sweet and decent !! Thank you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I work in the Health Care field and Dr. Michael Woolfrey is one of the best I have come across. He is patient, kind, and very knowledgable with all areas of orthopedic surgery. He gave me Orthovisc injections and when that didn't work, I had a bilateral knee arthroscopy. I had heard that recovery time was long, but with his insight and talent, I'm back up and about very quickly. I would reccomend Dr. Woolfrey to ANYONE needing any knee or hip work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2013

The wait time to see this doctor is long if at all. He seems knowledgable although I'm not interested in the private rehab clinic, seems like a money grab. The one thing I can say is this doctor dearly needs a new secretary ! This woman is rude abrasive and terribly unprofessional ! Two thumbs down on the staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr Woolfrey and his medical staff are terrific.Be careful however.You may be referred to Mobility Rehab centre which I have been told he owns.I was referred for knee braces ,all other options having been discounted.I had the unpleasant experience of having to deal with a technician by the name of Andy Scott.Andy Scott failed to even order the braces that I had been waiting for .He then lied outright and told me that he had ordered them 10 days prior and that they would be in SOON.I called back that same day to be told that he had just ordered them minutes earlier but that he had put a rush on them.They did come in finally but never received an apology.Andy Scott went back to his lie and acted as though there must have been a misunderstanding.Andy is not Smart enough to be a good liar.If he worked for me I would fire him on the spot.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1510991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

I have been seeing Dr.Woolfrey for over 3 yrs.He did 2 scopes on my right knee.He is a great doctor.He takes his time to explain things to you in detail.That is one of the reasons the wait is so long.I just go there on my appointment time sign in ask how long a wait and come back in 1 1/2 hours. I'm on the list for a knee replacement. I have waited a long time for the Otismed knee. My surgery is booked for next month, I am 49. Terrified to get this done but in so much pain right now. Hurts every day! Just got told Fri. that the otismed are now in review and have been put on hold til reviews are done which could take upto 1 yr.I was upset.Talked to Dr. woolfrey about it.He was also upset about it but nothing to do with him.Told me I should just go ahead with the standard knee replacement(not what I wanted)HELP I have been in pain for 3yrs now. and getting worse.I am terrified to get this done especially the standard procedure. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know he is the best

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

He did my lateral release procedure and few do this procedure and few have his success rate which is 9/10 better off 1/10 no better or worse off. See the story on the knee geeks web site. He is simply the best. Brantford is my home town so I have talked to others who feel the same. He was the first in Canada to bring new MRI technology to hip replacements. He is soft spoken and takes great pride in his work. I had an extremely challenging recovery and I recommend doing everything you can to avoid a lateral release, especially long sustained stretches, like a half hour. As for Dr. Woolfry, ask him the odds of success. I believe he is completely honest. He is conservative and takes time to speak to you. I am so thankful he operated. I thought I would never be out of pain but after 4 months the pain is now down to none some days and every week it decreases. The only other surgeon I would feel as confident in would be Dr Paul Marks and he does not do the lateral release procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I had heard good things and was anxious to go as I have been in so much pain. I didn't mind the hour and 15 minute wait as I was supposedly getting the best. I had my hopes squashed. I never even got to see the doctor. I basically felt I was being looked down on for wanting a new procedure because I was told it was expensive and no guarantee that I would get it even if I was a candidate. I was told I should have looked for a doctor in my area and sent packing. I was so hurt and disappointed. I felt no sympathy or support at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2011

I had a total LT knee replacement November 2010 and im going in this Friday May 20th, 2011 for my RT knee. I am young in regards to knee replacement surgery at the time of my 1st surgery i was 43yrs). Should you be looking for a surgeon your look is over. Good things are worth waiting for and Dr Woolfrey is worth the wait. Appointments do run long so take something to read or listen to or a friend unless your child is the one being seen you will thank me for telling you to keep the lil ones home. Excellent Doctor, who knows what he is doing and cares about you. Will answer any questions you will have and look at all avenues as surgery is not always the option. Other then recovery time im looking forward to living a life without pain, it has been so long i don't know any different. EXCELLENT bedside manor. His staff deserves a shout out as well....Remember patience is a virtue ... I wish everyone well and remember YOUR LOOK FOR AN ORTHO DOCTOR IS OVER....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr Michael Woolfrey is probably one of the best orthopedic surgeons and I would and have recommended him to anyone contemplating Hip replacement surgery. I

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2011

Dr. Woolfrey is an outstanding doctor. He is the type of doctor that listens to his patients and cares what they are going through and dealing with. If you need any type of orthopedic surgery he is the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1510985].votes_count ]]