Dr. Barry Lumb

Rate Dr. Barry Lumb

Dr. Barry Lumb's Ratings

Dr. Lumb is kind, caring, personable, knowledgeable, smart, effective, efficient.. I think he's a great doctor and I am glad I am under his care!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

Not only is Barry Lumb an excellent doctor, his assistant, Anne, is great. Both will take the time to answer questions and I never feel rushed or that my concerns are not valid.

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

Exceptional Doctor. Takes his time with you to ensure all your questions are answered. Great bedside manner and has a wonderful ability to put you at ease.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

My fiance has been a patient of dr Lumbs for like 18 yrs and im now a new patient of his myself, and i found him his staff and his student to be wonderful. i have many complex healthissues and he was very careful to cover everything, did multiple tests and now im just waiting for results and apt for colonoscopy, i found him to be absolutely wonderful and well worth the waitlist.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2011 | flag

I have suffered with UC for 10 years and moved here from BC a year ago. DR. Lumb is my new DR. And after seeing him for the 3rd time I know that he should not be doing this job! As one lady said here, he does not listen to what you say, and what he says is complete nonsense ! Like a comment 'what you eat doesn't affect your UC' What? Obviously you went to the wrong school . Maybe you should live in a patients body for awhile! And the questions he asks do not relate to my illness ! I am very disappointed and so is my family dr. Who knows more about my illness than he does! Also he is trying to get me off a medication which was prescribed and directed by my other specialist and which I cannot be without due to my other illness!

Submitted July 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Lumb diagnosed me with achalasia 3.5 yrs. ago. No other practitioner was able to identify with the symptoms. He is obviously highly skilled and very experienced. He arranged me to meet with a general surgeon very quickly so that I could go for surgery. You could tell that he was incredibly busy, but was still professional enough to give me the time I felt was required. His professional experience improved the quality of my life. I highly recommend him. Great healthcare professional. Medicine is fortunate to have someone like him.

Submitted May 30, 2011 | flag

Dr lumb and his staff have been a great source of knowledge and support for the last 22 years when at 18 I was diagnosed with crohn's disease.He always listens and is helpful even if doesnt ttally relate to my Crohn,s.I am soon moving over an hour away but I will travel to see him I trust him totally

Submitted May 18, 2010 | flag

Dr. Lumb is very personable and direct. He let's you know what is needed and gets it done.

Submitted April 7, 2010 | flag

He saved my life ! I was able to get married !!! I was down to skin and bones and having seizures. He promised me he would figure it out one day while pacing in my hospital room. I had a rare form of Celiac that was hard to diagnose since I also had complications of a brain tumor. He never once gave up when all other doctors did. My other doctors even called my son to fly in to say goodbye but not him. I now have a life a new husband family and seizure response dog !

Submitted Sept. 18, 2009 | flag