Rate Dr. S. BRETT Whitfield

Dr. S. BRETT Whitfield's Ratings

Performed total hip replacement in 2008. Excellent experience. No problems. Would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr whitfield is the Greatest he knows what he is doing for sure, I had a complete knee replacement on Wednesday and went upstairs to my bedroom on a Sunday. That was 10 yrs ago I have never had any problem with my knee since.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

had a fracture of my hip replacment,sent in referal from my Dr never recieved a phone call.Was told by receptionist Dr didnt like to work on other Dr's replacment. You cannot leave a message for them just have to keep calling.Bad experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2012

Performed hip replacement on me in 2009....Was professional and did an excellent job. Highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2011

Dr. Whitfield is an amazing doctor. He performed surgery on my knee for a tendon tear, then I had other issues that He promptly responded to. His nurses are fabulous! However, when it comes to his secretarial staff... they are a complete nightmare!!! They were supposed to set up an appointment for an MRI.. never heard back from them until I had to be seen at UVA, then they called and asked if I had had my MRI.. I told them they never scheduled it!! Then, it took them over a week to fax my records to UVA after I called everyday & was assured they were going to be sent that day..had to threaten that I was going to have to get a lawyer.. Then I had to pay for a very expensive prescription out pocket b/c I didn't have a prior authorization.. They were supposed to send in the prior auth to my insurance for my reimbursement.. that was 6/9/11..today is 10/21/11.. Need I say more??

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2011

Dr Whitfield is wonderful! A top notch surgeon and caring physician. I fractured my wrist recently and Dr Whitfield came in to do my surgery on his day off and he did an excellent job! I hope I never have to have surgery like this again, but if I do he is the surgeon I would go to and recommend to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I recently wrecked on my Mountain Bike. I had a very serious AC Separation. I made an appointment with Dr. Whitfield and I am very glad that I did. Dr. Whitfield is a gentleman and an outstanding physician. Dr. Whitfield and his office treated me like royalty. He was very kind and took time to answer every single question. Surgery was the best option for me due to my age and active life style. My surgery took place at Plateau Medical Center. It is a wonderful facility. The nurses took excellent care of me. I am at about 10 weeks out and I am doing fine. I am really surprised at how quickly I have healed. I am able to run and bike now and I should be swimming in a few weeks. I thank God that we have an Orthopedic Physician like Dr. Whitfield here in Beckley. I highly recommend him if you need joint replacement or have a sports injury. I am proof of his expertise and I would not hesitate to go to him in the future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512646].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

EXCELLENT SURGEON AND COMMUNICATOR....WOULD RECOMMEND.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Comment, what's the point..it may or may not remain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1512644].votes_count ]]