Dr. Heidi K. Straughn

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Heidi K. Straughn has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Do she accept medicaid?    Email me    Answer it
Q: does she accept medicaid?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Does she accept Medicare & Humana Insurance?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5667752
21/07/14 5 5 5 5 This was my wife's ob for two pregnancies and one miscarriage ( molar pregnancy) she is the best . Plain and simple she is a steward in what professional , caring physicians should be .
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Heidi" to "Heidi K."
RID: 2918210
17/10/13 5 4 5 5 Wonderful doctor! I was recommended to Dr. Straughn by one of my friends that is a nurse that works with her. I am so happy to have found Dr. Straughn. I have had an IUD that was put in several years ago, she eased my mind with issues that I have had questions about, she even ordered an ultrasound to rule out any displacement. No other doctor seemed to be interested in answering my concerns before. I recently had an appendectomy and have a keloid scar from the laparoscopic surgery on my stomach. I have never had a child but Dr. Straughn said that it helps I have that because if I ever have a c-section we could prevent large scars like that by injecting a steroid in the incision. She's so personable and I would recommend anyone to her. She never seems rushed and makes a normally unenjoyable doctor visit into a time that you feel like you're talking to a friend that is genuinely concerned with you and your health.
RID: 2645807
10/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Straughn is the best OB/GYN I have ever seen. I used her for my pregnancy and she was so thoughtful and truly concerned about me and my baby. She answered all of my questions as well as my husbands and my mothers when they would go with me to my appointments. I had a high risk pregnancy and she was excellent and the pregnancy ended up being normal because she was very cautious. She is also great when I see her for my yearly appointments. She is very thorough and if there is something that you have worries about even if it isn't gynecology, she will help you to find an answer. I would recommend her to everyone. I even drive almost 2 hours to see her and don't think twice about it.
RID: 2579668
07/03/13 5 5 5 5 Great doctor and staff. Dr. Straughn was recommended to me by a nurse that works with her. I had been to several other doctors and was never completely happy or comfortable. Dr. Straughn is very thorough and goes above and beyond! She is awesome! I'll never go anywhere else.
RID: 2419358
07/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Straughn is wonderful! She is always willing to answer any questions! I have never waited over 15 minutes to see her! She is always kind and treats you as if you were the only patient in her office that day! I will never go anywhere else!
RID: 2412663
28/08/12 5 5 5 5 She is so personable and friendly. She took all of the stress out of going to the doctor!
RID: 2303276
29/06/12 5 5 5 5 I have been to several gynecologists in my life and Dr. Straughn is far and above any of them. She is personable and extremely knowledgable. She makes you feel comfortable and is gentle. She is consistently punctual and respects that your time is precious too. Her nurse is fabulous and remembers the patients. I have recommended her to friends and will continue to do so.
RID: 1577945
02/11/11 1 3 1 1 Not a good doctor. She seemed very unconcerned for her patients. She just wanted to make her money & go!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1466020
16/06/11 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Heidi Straughn since 2001. She is the best doctor ever!!! Her staff is amazing. She always have a smile on her face no matter how hectic things may get. I am very thankful to know her and have her as my doctor.
RID: 1454442
01/06/11 4 4 5 5 Dr Straughn is AMAZING! My previous MD had scheduled my c-section the day I found out I was pregnant but Dr Straughn let me try a vaginal birth with my son. She is kind, considerate, and an excellent physician. I would HIGHLY recommend her!  Respond
RID: 1353005
02/02/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heidi is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. Both of my pregnancies ended up being high risk in the end and she went above and beyond to make sure my babies were ok and that I understood everything that was going on. She relates to me on a personal level rather than a strictly medical profession level and this makes a world of difference. When my first baby was in the NICU, she went to see him every day just to make sure he was ok. Dr. Heidi is an amazing person, doctor, and friend.
RID: 1194155
22/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Heidi and her staff are truely remarkable people. They are always so kind and compassionate. Dr. Heidi makes you feel like you are her only patient, which amaizes me because she is such a busy person. She has 3 children of her own, and you can really tell that she is doing what God has called her to do.
RID: 1142546
04/04/10 5 5 5 5 She is very thoughtful and very thorough. Her staff is very professional and helpful as well.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 731606
27/11/08 5 5 5 5 I originally was seeing another doctor in the practice when I asked to switch. Seeing Dr. Heidi and having Becky as a nurse has been the best things that have happened to me during my pregnancy. Dr. Heidi is AWESOME and understands what your body goes through during pregnancy. I have never been so happy to go to the doctor she is a blessing sent from heaven.
RID: 506184
06/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr.Straughn and her staff are Amazing! I have never had such a great experience with a doctor! She lead me through a fun yet challenging pregnancy and I am more than pleased! I would absolutly recommend her to everyone! My 3 best friends go to her as well as my Grandmother. So she ia great for all ages! Wonderful bedside manner and fantastic WOMAN, she'll tell you like it is and I love her for it! Thanks Dr. Straughn for being GREAT! Oh and I couldn't have made it without Becky and Michelle either!! Being my first pregnancy they took very good care of me and still do!
RID: 453475
30/11/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Struaghn is the BOMB! I love her and her staff, and always will. I recommend her to all I know who is in need of an ob/gyn, and I'm sure that they WILL be pleased!
RID: 356342
29/06/07 5 4 5 5 Dr Straughn is top notch. I work w/her on a daily basis in the hospital Labor & Delivery unit and I have been very impressed with her. Her nurse, Becky, is wonderful. I have never had to wait longer than 30 minutes for her to get back with me(most other docs it takes at least 6-8 hours at best). I would recommend her to any of my family or friends. I have been in the healthcare industry for 20+ years and have never been so impressed w/a physician both as a patient and co-worker. Dr. Straughn has a wonderful bedside manner and puts you at ease immediately. She takes the time to discuss your diagnosis and treatment plan. She is very knowledgable. You can't go wrong with Dr Strughn or her staff!!!
RID: 119171
30/01/07 5 5 5 I feel that Dr. Heidi K. Straughn was a gift sent from heaven to me. She and her staff(Becky & Michelle)were more caring and concerned than I ever would have ever imagined they would be. I was already considered "HIGH RISK" when I went to her as a pt. Knowing this Dr. Straughn did everything in and above her power, including research and trials to help my husband & I make it through this pregnancy with a happy ending. Years ago when I was having my 1st daughter,(when Dr. Straughn was still a Resident)her shift for that rotation had come to an end, but I was still only 5-6 cm dialated. I could see that she was tired, but in spite of this she still stayed to see me through this compicated delivery of my baby girl. The fact that Dr. Straughn is the best ob/gyn ever is especially pleasing to me. No, this does not change the fact that I am still High risk now and will probably always be,But if and when I decide to try again and suceed I would not change a thing about my care or my physician
RID: 117217
29/01/07 5 5 5 Dr. Straughn is a very friendly doctor and very helpful!
Paid (or co-pay): $3000