Dr. Brenda Selwyn

Rate Dr. Brenda Selwyn

Dr. Brenda Selwyn's Ratings

Dr. Selwyn is very professional and knowledgeable and her nurse practitioner is very friendly and helpful as well. Reception could sometimes use a bit of improvement in terms of friendliness/accommodation. Dr. Selwyn is very knowledgeable and always looking to solve the root of the problem (as opposed to over-prescribing meds or treating temporary problems that may stem from deeper or more serious issues). Appointments are always on time but there is no allowance for addressing more that 1-2 issues. You must make a separate appointment for anything other than what you went in for. Probably how they stay "on time".It is very hard to get a convenient appointment and same day is usually impossible. Other than the office administration details, she is a superb doctor!

Submitted May 27, 2014 | flag

Receptionist used to be PURE EVIL, but now the new one is pretty nice. In my experience Dr. Selwyn has no real desire to diagnose or no sense of urgency of care. I have been dismissed several times with a "Take some advil/tylenol/antibiotics" treatment, without her making an informed diagnosis. I went undiagnosed with lactose intolerance for my entire youth, despite seeing Dr. Selwyn many many times, and explaining my symptoms perfectly. Its lactose intolerance, how hard is that to diagnose? Recently I've been having the issue of when I make an appointment, I have no idea who I'm actually going to see: Dr Selwyn, or one of her Nurse Practitioners. If you have Dr Selwyn as a doctor, you have to take your life in your own hands. You have to do your own research, and push for what you know you need. Above all, push to see specialists (don't let her pick them though), and push for real answers. Don't let her sweep you and your problems under rug.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

i found the staff, nurses and doctors, more than helpful in regards to the birth of my great grandson. i would like to thank everyone involved in his birth . if i could i would give them a 10/10 thankyou terry

Submitted March 11, 2013 | flag

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

I am a fairly new patient to Dr. Selwyn. She took me on after my 1st daughter was born and now see's my family of 4. I have never had a wait to get in to see her. As a new mom, I called several times with panic and was always taken care of and never made to feel silly over my concerns. Karen at the front desk is always very helpful in getting us in right away when we fall ill. And Sue is a dream to go see. My children love her (even though she gives them their needles). I really don't understand the poor reviews. My experiences have all been wonderful.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr Selwyn is very caring, kind, considerate and listens to what you have to say. She does not push medication or anything else on you. She asks how you feel about what treatment you would consider. I have been going to her for over 30 years and will continue with her as long as she is practicing.

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

I have been with Dr. Selwyn for almost 30 years and now all my children are patients as well. She is very knowledgeable and always gets to the bottom of things. Her appointments are on time and I am almost always able to get my kids in on short notice - very accommodating. I really respect that she does not just "push pills" or send you for hoards of unnecessary tests. She asks many questions and shares the current literature and practices and reasons behind her prognosis and recommendations.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2011 | flag

I was amazed to read the previous comment. I have had the pleasure of being Dr. Selwyn's patient for 8 years and have never had to wait for more the 5-10 minutes to be seen. The office staff has always been pleasant and helpful to me!! I've never had a problem with leaving a message and the receptionist getting back to me the same day. I for one am very happy with Dr. Selwyn--were you having a bad day????

Submitted July 30, 2010 | flag

This has to be one of the worst Doctor's offices in the City. I have been a long time patient of Doctor Selwyn (over 20 years) and have had my share of issues. First and foremost, you can almost never get ahold of anyone there and when you do the main receptionist, Tanya is absolutely horrible to deal with. She is unpleasant, pushy and rude. She talks over you and doesn't let you explain your symptoms. Also, she almost always claims there are no appointments available and if it's an "emergency" you should go to the hospital. If and when you do finally get an appointment (which is rare) it's almost always 2-4 weeks away which in my opinion is unacceptable. Also, many times when I have had an appointment I have had to wait up to half an hour to be seen. If getting a new doctor was an option, I would be more than happy to leave this one behind.

Submitted July 29, 2010 | flag

Tanya the receptionist has no manners and can be extremly ignorant and pushy in her phone conversations. The office is practically never reachable and don't care what the patient wants, they have their own ideas and guilt trip into doing things their way. Abnormal test results also not properly notified or dealt with, things slip through the cracks.

Submitted March 29, 2010 | flag