Rate Dr. Ross Kennedy

Dr. Ross Kennedy's Ratings

My son was born almost 11 years ago, blind. We didn't know it until he was 6 months old. His condition was operable, and we took him to see Dr. Ross Kennedy, a children's eye surgeon. My wife and I had one of the hardest of moments when at 9 months old, we had to let him go into surgery alone.

Today, almost 10 years to the day of the surgery, he had an eye test where he showed near perfect vision with a 20/25 result with glasses. Two years ago he was 20/40 corrected. Four years ago he was 20/80.

I can't thank Dr. Kennedy enough. We owe him our son's vision. One day, with some laser surgery it is very likely he will have 20/20 vision without glasses. How do you thank someone for this? My hat's off to the Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr Kennedy. One only needs to look at his numerous degrees and achievements to see this surgeon is the real deal! He has a wide breadth of knowledge which was demonstrated when he explained to my husband and I about my son vision and lazy eye issue. He was sensitive and understanding surrounding the unique issued my son with Down Syndrome faces. He takes the time to break down concepts and has outstanding bed side manner! very impressed with dr kennedy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2605537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I do not recommend Dr Kennedy Ross My son was complying about his glasses so we went to see the specialist - dr Kennedy Ross. Dr Kennedy Ross did not see any problem and said the prescription glasses are fine. After 6 months we went again to the same doctor because my son could not copy from the blackboard, blinked excessively had itchy eyes, headaches and had many problems with learning at school. This time my son couldn’t recognize the biggest letters on the wall during Snellen chart test. I was shocked, the ‘specialist’ did not look comfortable but did not bother to explain his mistake from our last visit(the leap was from 1.5- old glasses to 3.5-new glasses) He gave us the lesson about children’s anatomy so according to dr Kennedy Ross kids legs and hands grow fast so we buying the new boots quite often- but kids eyes grow slowly so there is no need to replace the prescription glasses .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

My experience was excellent; on first arrival I was a little worried, the receptionist Maureen? Ignored my son and I appearing to be “making” herself look busy. Then another young receptionist (Lisa?) came out and greeted us personally. She assured I had everything needed to assure my medical plan covered the visit while taking the time to calm my son. Absolutely amazing personalized service. If it were not for her, I would have realized we waited a while for Dr. Kennedy but when we did see him, every question was attentively listened to and thoroughly explained to me. Despite first impressions of Maureen, and between the young angel Lisa with the expertise of Dr. Kennedy, this was probably my son’s best Doctor visit ever. Very impressed and recommend this office to anyone with sight troubled children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2011

I have been seeing Doctor Kennedy since I was little. He had done several surgeries on my eyes and is very knowledged at what he does. He is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. Highly recommned him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2010

Dr Kennedy looked after my oldest daughter (now almost 21) since she was 2. She is a special needs girl, and needed a very strong prescription for glasses, which have greatly improved her ability to see. He was always very patient, kind, explained what he was doing, and was even able to allow me to experience her vision through the apparatus used to measure her eyesight. I have a 7 month old baby girl with a "lazy" eye, and insisted it be Dr Kennedy who see this child too. He's the Best there is. Im confident he will be as helpful to this daughter as he was to my oldest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2010

I was told my other doctors that nothng could be done to improve the appearance of my lazy eye. Dr. Kennedy performed an excellent surgery and the eye now looks normal. He is very knowledgeable, supportive, and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1516612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

My son is 3 years old, has Down Syndrome and is near sighted. He refuses to prescribe my son glasses because he knows we will have trouble keeping them on his head. When I insisted he give my son a prescription he replied with "It's always easier to spend someone elses money" because we have benefits that will cover the cost of his glasses. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone with special needs..my son is on a waiting list for another Ophthalmologist as he can only see 2 feet in front of him, he needs glasses and Dr. Kennedy won't prescribe them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr Kennedy was very friendly & chatty when my son had his first visit as a baby. We saw his recently for the 2nd time and for the entire time we were with Dr Kennedy not a single word was directed at my son. Not even a 'hello' or 'how are you'. My son has CP and uses a wheelchair sometimes...I hope that this had nothing to do with his ignoring attitude towards my son... Also, I am appalled that there are no free designated parking spots outside his clinic...and a disabled spot would help...didn't have any change and the staff were very unhelpful when I asked them what to do...luckily I didn't get a ticket...but if I had I would have billed Dr Kennedy for it...don't think we will be going there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2010

I had Strabismus affecting my left eye, and it impacted many areas in my life. I couldn't drive well, watch TV without discomfort, or even look people in the eye. Dr. Kennedy changed all of that (ok, I'm still a lousy driver, but at least now I can see the curbs that I keep running into!). His staff was professional and courteous, the office was easy to find, I didn't have to wait long, and Dr. Kennedy did an amazing job with the surgery. As soon as I came out of the anestisia, I could see the difference. A year later, my left eye stays where it is suposed to, and I feel like a whole different person. You may not realize how a vision problem can hold you back until it has been corrected. Thank you to Dr Kennedy and his staff for improving my quality of life in ways that I never would have guessed. I would (and do) recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1516609].votes_count ]]