Rate Dr. Ross Kennedy

Dr. Ross Kennedy's Ratings

I do not recommend Dr Kennedy Ross My son was complying about his glasses so we went to see the specialist - dr Kennedy Ross. Dr Kennedy Ross did not see any problem and said the prescription glasses are fine. After 6 months we went again to the same doctor because my son could not copy from the blackboard, blinked excessively had itchy eyes, headaches and had many problems with learning at school. This time my son couldn’t recognize the biggest letters on the wall during Snellen chart test. I was shocked, the ‘specialist’ did not look comfortable but did not bother to explain his mistake from our last visit(the leap was from 1.5- old glasses to 3.5-new glasses) He gave us the lesson about children’s anatomy so according to dr Kennedy Ross kids legs and hands grow fast so we buying the new boots quite often- but kids eyes grow slowly so there is no need to replace the prescription glasses .

Submitted May 20, 2013 | flag

My experience was excellent; on first arrival I was a little worried, the receptionist Maureen? Ignored my son and I appearing to be “making” herself look busy. Then another young receptionist (Lisa?) came out and greeted us personally. She assured I had everything needed to assure my medical plan covered the visit while taking the time to calm my son. Absolutely amazing personalized service. If it were not for her, I would have realized we waited a while for Dr. Kennedy but when we did see him, every question was attentively listened to and thoroughly explained to me. Despite first impressions of Maureen, and between the young angel Lisa with the expertise of Dr. Kennedy, this was probably my son’s best Doctor visit ever. Very impressed and recommend this office to anyone with sight troubled children.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Doctor Kennedy since I was little. He had done several surgeries on my eyes and is very knowledged at what he does. He is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. Highly recommned him.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

Dr Kennedy looked after my oldest daughter (now almost 21) since she was 2. She is a special needs girl, and needed a very strong prescription for glasses, which have greatly improved her ability to see. He was always very patient, kind, explained what he was doing, and was even able to allow me to experience her vision through the apparatus used to measure her eyesight. I have a 7 month old baby girl with a "lazy" eye, and insisted it be Dr Kennedy who see this child too. He's the Best there is. Im confident he will be as helpful to this daughter as he was to my oldest.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag

I was told my other doctors that nothng could be done to improve the appearance of my lazy eye. Dr. Kennedy performed an excellent surgery and the eye now looks normal. He is very knowledgeable, supportive, and understanding.

Submitted July 30, 2010 | flag

My son is 3 years old, has Down Syndrome and is near sighted. He refuses to prescribe my son glasses because he knows we will have trouble keeping them on his head. When I insisted he give my son a prescription he replied with "It's always easier to spend someone elses money" because we have benefits that will cover the cost of his glasses. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone with special needs..my son is on a waiting list for another Ophthalmologist as he can only see 2 feet in front of him, he needs glasses and Dr. Kennedy won't prescribe them.

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

Dr Kennedy was very friendly & chatty when my son had his first visit as a baby. We saw his recently for the 2nd time and for the entire time we were with Dr Kennedy not a single word was directed at my son. Not even a 'hello' or 'how are you'. My son has CP and uses a wheelchair sometimes...I hope that this had nothing to do with his ignoring attitude towards my son... Also, I am appalled that there are no free designated parking spots outside his clinic...and a disabled spot would help...didn't have any change and the staff were very unhelpful when I asked them what to do...luckily I didn't get a ticket...but if I had I would have billed Dr Kennedy for it...don't think we will be going there again.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2010 | flag

I had Strabismus affecting my left eye, and it impacted many areas in my life. I couldn't drive well, watch TV without discomfort, or even look people in the eye. Dr. Kennedy changed all of that (ok, I'm still a lousy driver, but at least now I can see the curbs that I keep running into!). His staff was professional and courteous, the office was easy to find, I didn't have to wait long, and Dr. Kennedy did an amazing job with the surgery. As soon as I came out of the anestisia, I could see the difference. A year later, my left eye stays where it is suposed to, and I feel like a whole different person. You may not realize how a vision problem can hold you back until it has been corrected. Thank you to Dr Kennedy and his staff for improving my quality of life in ways that I never would have guessed. I would (and do) recommend him to others.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2009 | flag

I feel so very grateful for being referred to Dr. Kennedy. That was my lucky day! All I can say is WOW what a great doctor. I was told that there was notheing that could be done about my left eye but Dr. Kennedy was able to help me out. Very kind doctor and it shows that he really cares about his work. I saw a technician 2 out of the four appointment but this does not bother me at all. This technician is skillfully trained in her profession and by the Dr., so this is not a problem. He is a very busy doctor and I'm glad that I can see a technician so that he can use that time to help other people like me.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2009 | flag

Dr. Kennedy took my son on as a patient at 6 mos old, he is absolutely phenomenal, my son is now 21, still has to see him every once in a while, this doctor is beyond. He is extremely knowledgeable and his bedside manner is impeccable.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2009 | flag