Rate Dr. Brian Cicuto

Dr. Brian Cicuto's Ratings

Weeks went by with no call back to say if he would except me as a patient. I had to send all my records and multiple leaps thru flaming hoops. I spoke at length to numerous staff member. FINALLY after weeks they mentioned that his new rule is that he does not give medications only physical occupational therapies and trigger point injections. All of which they were fully aware that in my condition I am not a candidate for. Gave me the run around and told me they cant do anything now but destroy my records. I was devastated and was left with no care. Never got to meet the doctor and I really need his help. Anyone in long term chronic pain has dealt with the despicable Dr. Frank Kunkle.. He was a nightmare..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

So if he's no longer w/ UPMC. My insurance won't cover it. Sad cuz I've been bounced from clinic to clinic, back to my PCP, to another "Pain Dr". He's the only one in 10+ yrs who CARED about me, he HONESTLY cared. Like a moron I left, because.. ofcourse when you start to feel better you figure ya know it all.. it's been hell since. I know Dr Kunkel. He's a criminal, period. At one point someone I know was at a methadone clinic while he prescribed them even more for "favors" lets just say when I saw him.. he made me roll on a chair to him for a shot, lazy fat.. hope he's in jail. Dr Cicuto was the best pain dr I've had, never judged me. Never profiled me. Yes it was impossible to get ahold of people, but that was ok. He made sure I was taken care of. I'm gonna call today, I don't have much hope. On top of stenosis and double fusions, fibro.. I now have Crones. It won't stop. I NEED his help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Great help for my spinal stenosis and lower back problems. I have tried 4 times to reach him,left the messages on ext.25 but no one has returned my calls!! Great Doctor poor staff rating!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2014

In my opinion Dr. Cicuto is the best. I was so relieved and happy when I "found" him again! He takes the time to listen to you and really works with you on your meds. The things I heard about Dr. Kunkel were horrible and I cancelled my when I got my letter stating I would see him. Dr. Cicuto was way to good for THAT practice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

Absolutely horrible. I have a serious illness and saw his reviews thinking I just found a great doctor. I made an appointment and was told to drop off my records. I HAD TO CALL THEM, for they never called back and they said the doctor felt as tho I would be better off at the pain clinic I was currently at, who in which almost almost gove medicine that would of put my illness in a relapse and would of never been able to recover. I never even got my records back! He is scared and he is pathetic to me! I left me clinic I was at obviously for what they almost did to me and b/c of Dr Cicuto I had no doctor and/or records. So to me if you have a cold or a brokem bone hes probably fine. If you have a serious condition like myself ( 3 conditions and only 26 and had them since 22, but I am so young they say for me to have it! lmao yeah okay people my age is rare but it is not like it is not there.I would not even bother with him... he is to scared to even try. Thanks alot Doc! Your horrrible

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

We were treated by Dr. Cicuto in 2008 at UPMC Shadyside Hospital and at his Center Ave.office in Shadyside. This man is so professional. One anesthesiologist I know called Dr. Cicuto the "guru" of pain management. His job is difficult yet he treated us with respect and caring and offered us real options. He is among the best you'll find in Pittsburgh in Pain Mgt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

The best, most compassionate knowledgeable, understanding Dr their is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2012

A simple search turned up the fact that he appears to be in private practice currently: Choice Care Physicians, One Alexander Center 2585 Freeport Road, Suite 105 Pittsburgh , PA 15238 Phone: (412) 828-4409

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

Looking for Dr.Cicuto, has anyone had any luck??? I am in desperate need to find him......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2011

I heard that this new Dr. Kunkle may only be there for a few months??? If there any longer they may not have any patients at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516872].votes_count ]]