Rate Dr. Alan Hunt

Dr. Alan Hunt's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

Dr Hunt is an amazing doctor. He is caring, kind and compassionate. He was amazing with my prenatal care while I was pregnant with my first baby. He was extremely thorough, he sent me for several ultrasounds as I had a rough time at the beginning. He preformed a C- Section delivery for me, and he was so great (our son was born 09/13/12). I recovered from the Caesarean within 2 weeks and I believe it is all becasue Dr Hunt is so great at what he does. I gave Dr. Hunt a 4 for being punctual because you do have to wait later then your appointment time, but he is well worth waiting for. I believe the only reason you have to wait past your appointment time is because he is so thorough with his patients. Donna, Dr Hunt’s receptionist knows who you are when you walk into the office and is always so nice. I will use Dr Hunt for any future pregnancies and have recommended him to a lot of people already. If you are referred to Doctor Hunt count your blessings because he is absolutely amazing!

Submitted Oct. 9, 2012 | flag

I had Dr. Hunt for both of my pregnancies, one of which was incredibly difficult, as well as my tubal ligation, which didn't go quite as planned. He has excellent bedside manner, and is very caring and thorough. He takes the time to explain everything, is very reassuring, listens to any questions you may have. You sometimes have to wait, but he delivers babies..that's a hard thing to schedule around. The office staff actually called me once when he was going to be behind so I didn't come in and wait for an hour before seeing him. Fantastic! First Class doctor! I would highly recommend him.

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hunt was our Doctor for the pregancy of our first born, and also happened to be on call for for the delivery (03/04/12). He was great at explaining the entire process as well as indivial itmes that came up through out the prengancy and during a difficult delivery. We highly recommend him, and will definately use him for our future children.

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hunt! Such a kind, caring and compassionate man! Has given me excellent prenatal care with my son. Dilligent, and thourough- sent me for ultrasounds and tests just to be sure- even if there was the smallest risk. I feel very confident recommending him to anyone! I will personally thank him when I see him for my 6 week check-up in a few weeks time. I am sorry he wasn't on call to deliver my son, but I am bringing him in to see Dr. Hunt on my visit. I also have high praise for his receptionist Donna who has always been very pleasant and helpful each time I'm there and knows me by name whenever I see her, which makes you feel more appreciated and not just "another name" on a chart.

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

I had three children,all were c-sections. He was my obstetrician during my pregnancies and all I can say is he is a wonderful caring doctor with good bedside manner[ which is extremely important]and up to date on the latest in his field. He performed 2 of my c-sections.It's been awhile since I've seen him [first child born Feb 99, second July 2000 and third March 2004. Would recommend him highly!

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

Dr Hunt has been my OB for both of my pregnancies and I absolutely think the world of him. He listened and spent lots of time with me and is caring and absolutely lovely. Even when he is frantically busy he takes his time and never rushes you. I think he is wonderful on all levels.

Submitted June 29, 2011 | flag

I initially went to see Dr Hunt for a lump in my vulva. He told me it was never cancer (hadn't even thought that personally). Guess what - it was cancer! After I had paid big bucks to take the ferry to the mainland to go to the Cancer Agency, I find out that he should have issued me a free ferry pass. When I called his office about it, they explained that they were so upset at the time, they forgot to give it to me. They would not reimburse me for their error & I was out almost $100. Not impressed!

Submitted Aug. 28, 2009 | flag

he is the best i had a vaginal histerectomy and i recovered much easier than i expected i highly recomend him for surgery.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2009 | flag

He is by far the best in this area in Nanaimo (in my opion). He has GREAT bedside mannors and is very good at explaining ANY proceedure that you may need! He has looked after me for 2 pregnancies! If I know anyone who needs a specialist in this field he is the FIRST on my list! I know that he is ALWAYS keeping updated on current issues, ideas and etc! He is ALWAYS taking classes or reading up on the latest and greatest stuff! VERY easy to talk to, very imformative; but also very hard to get into :)

Submitted June 30, 2009 | flag