Rate Dr. Robert Lindsay

Dr. Robert Lindsay's Ratings

This doctor and his staff are useless, 2x now I have called in about an appointment only to be told oh yeah we were going to cancel that...WTF. The first time the dumb woman on the phone was munching on food or cud maybe and doing dishes or something it was insane! The second time she was chewing her cud again!

The "Doctor" is beyond fucking useless, first visit after having to go all the way down there he had not looked at my nerve study or even knew anything about me. The second time I went to visit we waited over 2 HOURS past our appointment because the moron at the desk couldn't run an office let alone a brain.

This guy has not helped me in anyway what-so-ever, there has been NO progress towards a treatment or anything he is flat out OLD and USELESS his staff is MORONIC and AIR HEADED.

DO NOT GO TO THIS QUACK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622590].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

I had a breast reduction in February 2014 & am VERY happy with the result. Dr. Lindsay is amazing & very easy to talk with & he explains things in a easy to understand manor. I was seen in a very reasonable amount of time from the initial consultation to my surgery. My BIG issue is with the front reception, Shannon. I know she is his daughter BUT on several occasions she was in such a hurry to get off the phone, she'd ask ME to call her back "in 5 minutes" on her cell phone & when I did it was like she'd never heard of me before. I also work in a very busy dental practice & do much of the same type of work & I have never, in my 29 years, treated a patient this way. When I saw Dr. Lindsay for a follow up visit, we discussed botox. he agreed to see me for this & asked me to schedule appointment w Shannon. When I tried to (immediately after leaving the examination room) she told me I'd have to call back. I called back the next day & she said I needed ANOTHER consult appointment. I calmly explained that I'd just spoken with her & seen Dr. Lindsay less than 24 hours ago. her response was "he sees hundreds of patients how am I supposed to remember everything?" I asked her to speak w Dr. Lindsay &/or check my chart. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty confident she did neither and offered me a consult only appointment, even though I had previously explained & explained again that I already had the botox & Dr. Lindsay had agreed to see me for injections. I only have great things to say about Dr. Lindsay but I hope he re-evaluates having his daughter "run" his practice. She can be very dismissive & short on the edge of rude. This is really too bad as Dr. Lindsay & the hospital staff were beyond amazing. I know several people who know Shannon well. I "get" her personality but she is representing Dr. Lindsay in a professional environment & seems VERY overwhelmed with her work load. I understand how much is involved as I also schedule GA surgeries for some of our patients BUT if you are organized & recognize that no favours are being done if no work is being done well or to completion perhaps some work can be delegated. Due to my health I deal with several specialist offices & have never had any of the frustrating issues w scheduling & communicating. I have decided to continue w follow up appointments & speak directly w Dr. Lindsay re some of my concerns as nothing can be tweaked or corrected if he is unaware.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

So disappointed, after waiting almost 2 years and having my appointment cancelled and rescheduled either because they were moving offices or the doctor was taking time off, 2 weeks before my appointment in November I phone to confirm and they've lost my appointment, not only am I frustrated from putting everything on hold in the meantime I have to deal with the most inconsiderate, rude, unprofessional secretary who has no regard for anyone in my opinion. What a joke!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

After waiting 6 months for my appointment, first I drove to the address on the referral information only to find his office isn't there. I then drove to the Foothills Hospital only to find out that the Doctor was not even in the country. I was very upset especially since I drove 4hrs round trip for my appointment. I have no idea why I wasn't notified.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

It was nearly 9 months prior to the consultation when I made this appointment, so it is very difficult to compare plastic surgeons in Calgary since the wait is so long. When I arrived on time and as scheduled, I was frankly told by the receptionist that my appointment was cancelled and that she planned to call me tomorrow to arrange. At the very least, I would expect to be notified ahead of an appointment that was to be cancelled. I asked when that next opening would be and she told me she didn't have time until tomorrow to even consider looking. It was a very negative experience and I was looking forward to this consult for a very long time. I will not be rebooking with Dr. Lindsay.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr R Lindsay is a kind and empathetic man. His personality can only be matched by his skill level. I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Completed two mastectomies and a beautiful reconstruction. Dr Lindsay performed all of my reconstructive surgeries over the last 18 months. I feel blessed for having met him; lucky are the patients that get to deal with this, kind, caring and talented man. I couldn't be happier with my results!!! He gave me back a piece of myself. As for Shannon, his secretary, she is funny, organized and helpful. Anyone who has written poor reviews of her, doesn't understand her personality type. Just go with it!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. Lindsay performed a neck and face lift on me 12 days ago. This is my first day back to work. My scarf covers the last of the minor bruising. The old lady in the mirror who used to look back at me is gone gone gone. Dr. Lindsay's magic hands and comforting demeanor are a winning combination. The discomfort was minimal, my eyes were very sensitive to light right after surgery but that was gone the next day. I took T3's the first 3 days just in case it started to hurt(I'm wimpy that way lol)and tapered off to nothing on day 4. Some tenderness right on the stitch line for a few days but a stubbed toe is way worse. It appears the scarring will be minimal as there are a few spots you already can't even see and the rest of the line is faint with minor redness that will fade in the coming days. If you are thinking about Dr. Lindsay for anything or considering a face lift, just do it. The idea of this surgery is so much worse than the actual experience. Email me if you wish.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1518708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Shannon was amazing to deal with and very professional. Dr. Lindsay is a compasionate Dr. that truly cares about his patients. I am schedule for surgery with him in a week and looking forward to seeing the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1518707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Shannon was an angle to me and my wife she was very Helpful and understanding Thank You Shannon and Dr Lindsay you two are both very special people

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1518706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Robert and Shannon are angels! I had rhinoplasty preformed by Dr. Lindsay in June and I have no complaints. I am so happy with the results and would recommend him to anyone. Not only a genius surgeon but an incredible kind and sensitive person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1518705].votes_count ]]