You may also like

Rate Dr. Benjamin Ho

Dr. Benjamin Ho's Ratings

I will never go back to Dr. Ho. He called my husband into his office for his gastro results. He never asked if my husband had anyone with him or even to bring anyone with him. I was meeting him there, but I arrived about 10 min later. He opened up my husband's file and just read out "Oh, you've got and aggressive form of stomach cancer." If he had looked at the results beforehand, he could have prepared my husband for the devastating news or at least had the decency to give him the choice of having someone with him. When I arrived, my husband was standing in the parking lot crying. That was one of the worst days of my life. We wanted a referral to Princess Margaret, but he only knew how to connect to Oshawa Hospital. It took us alot of work, by ourselves, to finally get a referral from Dr. Ho to PMH. It took weeks. He seems too busy to care about how his actions effect ordinary people. My husband only lived for 3 months after that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2761724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I like Dr.Ho. The only problem I had was lack of communication bewteen him and I. After my tests he told me my results but it was like pulling teeth out to get him to explain what it all meant. I had to ask numerous times what it meant... and he still would give me one word answers and I left STILL not understanding what is wrong with me. Maybe bad day? Not sure yet as my second appt is very soon. Will find out then I guess.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Had two problems with this doctor. First he knocked my intestines in several spots causing a blockage and resulted in another colonoscopy. Second my mom had him he perforated her bowel and he sent her home saying she was fine. The next day she was swollen and ended up in the hospital emergency room for surgery and had a heart attack on the emergency table and almost died. She then had to have a bag put
On for 9 months waiting for her intestines to heal. Have heard many cases of him being known
For doing this. Glad others have been lucky but for two of us in the same family to have issues be careful and do homework on who you use

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2599238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I saw Dr. Ho in the er at lakeridge health Oshawa. This was 8 visit to the er in a month. Dr. Ho preformed an ercp which resultedf in a preferated bowel and punctured bile ducts. After being sent home with no expectations or explanations of possible side effects I was rushed back to er 5 hrs later in more severe pain than I have ever experienced in my life I was rushed in for emergency surgery and was basically dead due to his error. I spent a month in the hospital with a g-tube, t-tube and a drain. Dr ho came to my room 4 days later and apologized for his error. And causing the problems. I tell everyone I know to stay away from him and not to get an ercp. He is a horrible doctor and did not fully explain procedure to me or what could possibly happen.. He is a law suit waiting to happen

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1519034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

If this is the same Dr Benjamin Ho that's based out of the office on Brock Street in Whitby, I really don't understand the poor ratings by others. I was referred to Dr. Ho by my physician and I found him to be punctual, very polite, knowledgeable, and he listened to everything I had to say. As for his secretary, she was lovely to deal with. I just got back from a gastroscopy with him today and it went exceedingly smooth. A first rate experience as far as I'm concerned, and I have no qualms recommending him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr.Ho's for over two years now. He is a very caring, pleasant and helpful doctor. His receptionist Gabriele always tries her best to fit me in when I am not feeling very well. Thank you both! You make a great team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2012

I was recently seen by Dr. Ho at the hospital with severe colitis. He was very caring and expedient with his investigation and treatment. Dr. Ho even got me a very expensive medication for free and saved my bowel and life. Words can't express how grateful I am.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

Within 10 minutes of being in emergency, Dr Ho decided that Sick Kids (A world renown teaching hospital) misdiagnosed my son's condition. He also, even before my son was scoped, suggested that Remicade (a medication that I can't afford) would be his treatment. So tunnel visioned... and claiming to be Remicade's best customer, he refused to see or suggest any other treatment. He is an IN YOUR FACE doctor and didn't hesitate to suggest to my son that I would rather see my son die. That's just in the emergency ward 1st night. He progressively became aggitated to my insistance to find another treatment. This doctor is Unprofessional and has stressed out our whole family. When my colleague at work found out that my son was in his care they acknowledge that he was the same way with them and in the same fashion....suggested Remicade on 1st visit. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR and phone the emergency dept. in advance to see what GI doctor is on call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

I first saw this Dr in the ER after being in pain/not being able to eat for 11 days. He was called in when my liver function tests came back through the roof. He diagnosed gallstones/blocked bile duct in minutes. Had me scheduled for an emergency ERCP the next day, and then surgery ten days later with another fantastic doctor. Dr. Ho eased all of my pain, and saved my life as my liver was failing and the urgent care clinic had sent me home without any tests at all (not even an abdominal palpitation!). He was very competent, and is continuing to monitor my liver function over the next few months to ensure that I am getting better. This is the BEST doctor that I have ever dealt with in my life. I was lucky to have been in the right place, in the right time, with the right ER staff attending to me. Bravo, Dr. Ho!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1519026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

On first glance the swank decorating, his cool demeanour have you fooled into believing this is a top rate specialist. But when he subjects you to an endoscope and colonoscopy and declares you only have IBS may I suggest YOU ask your GP to read you the test results. THEY will give you the true facts. He doesnt read his own lab tests. As for the receptionist. WHo hires someone like that? The rudest person in medicene I have ever met. RUN from this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519025].votes_count ]]