Rate Dr. Benjamin Ho

Dr. Benjamin Ho's Ratings

I saw Dr. Ho in the er at lakeridge health Oshawa. This was 8 visit to the er in a month. Dr. Ho preformed an ercp which resultedf in a preferated bowel and punctured bile ducts. After being sent home with no expectations or explanations of possible side effects I was rushed back to er 5 hrs later in more severe pain than I have ever experienced in my life I was rushed in for emergency surgery and was basically dead due to his error. I spent a month in the hospital with a g-tube, t-tube and a drain. Dr ho came to my room 4 days later and apologized for his error. And causing the problems. I tell everyone I know to stay away from him and not to get an ercp. He is a horrible doctor and did not fully explain procedure to me or what could possibly happen.. He is a law suit waiting to happen

Submitted May 20, 2012 | flag

If this is the same Dr Benjamin Ho that's based out of the office on Brock Street in Whitby, I really don't understand the poor ratings by others. I was referred to Dr. Ho by my physician and I found him to be punctual, very polite, knowledgeable, and he listened to everything I had to say. As for his secretary, she was lovely to deal with. I just got back from a gastroscopy with him today and it went exceedingly smooth. A first rate experience as far as I'm concerned, and I have no qualms recommending him to others.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr.Ho's for over two years now. He is a very caring, pleasant and helpful doctor. His receptionist Gabriele always tries her best to fit me in when I am not feeling very well. Thank you both! You make a great team!

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

I was recently seen by Dr. Ho at the hospital with severe colitis. He was very caring and expedient with his investigation and treatment. Dr. Ho even got me a very expensive medication for free and saved my bowel and life. Words can't express how grateful I am.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

Within 10 minutes of being in emergency, Dr Ho decided that Sick Kids (A world renown teaching hospital) misdiagnosed my son's condition. He also, even before my son was scoped, suggested that Remicade (a medication that I can't afford) would be his treatment. So tunnel visioned... and claiming to be Remicade's best customer, he refused to see or suggest any other treatment. He is an IN YOUR FACE doctor and didn't hesitate to suggest to my son that I would rather see my son die. That's just in the emergency ward 1st night. He progressively became aggitated to my insistance to find another treatment. This doctor is Unprofessional and has stressed out our whole family. When my colleague at work found out that my son was in his care they acknowledge that he was the same way with them and in the same fashion....suggested Remicade on 1st visit. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR and phone the emergency dept. in advance to see what GI doctor is on call.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2011 | flag

I first saw this Dr in the ER after being in pain/not being able to eat for 11 days. He was called in when my liver function tests came back through the roof. He diagnosed gallstones/blocked bile duct in minutes. Had me scheduled for an emergency ERCP the next day, and then surgery ten days later with another fantastic doctor. Dr. Ho eased all of my pain, and saved my life as my liver was failing and the urgent care clinic had sent me home without any tests at all (not even an abdominal palpitation!). He was very competent, and is continuing to monitor my liver function over the next few months to ensure that I am getting better. This is the BEST doctor that I have ever dealt with in my life. I was lucky to have been in the right place, in the right time, with the right ER staff attending to me. Bravo, Dr. Ho!

Submitted Jan. 25, 2011 | flag

On first glance the swank decorating, his cool demeanour have you fooled into believing this is a top rate specialist. But when he subjects you to an endoscope and colonoscopy and declares you only have IBS may I suggest YOU ask your GP to read you the test results. THEY will give you the true facts. He doesnt read his own lab tests. As for the receptionist. WHo hires someone like that? The rudest person in medicene I have ever met. RUN from this clinic.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2010 | flag

Doc does not spend time with patient, recptionist makes appointments in groups – leaves receptionist to explain in groups of 10 patients, no confidentiality between patients, sent a bunch of us to Village East Medical centre in Pickering on Brock Rd – DO NOT GO THERE, IT IS A MEDICAL SWEATSHOP. Shame on Canadian healthcare. Am still suffering nearly 4 month after endo. Ended up in ER 3 TIMES. Will now go an see another gastroenterologist.

Submitted June 7, 2010 | flag

I had an endoscopy done and am in pain 11 days later from my throat to my sternum, can anyone tell me if this is normal? seems like my throat is swollen and cant sleep, feel like i have to stay up sitting to sleep. i was told i was fine, and nothing would feel great after the procedure. now i feel like i should not have done it. Do not go to the Village East Medical centre in Pickering on Brock Rd. for any procedure, - very cramped, and no privacy.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2009 | flag

I've been under Dr. B. Ho's care for the past three years for IBD. I've had 3 colonoscopies and see him approximately every 3-4 months. He has always been professional, personable and prompt. He DOES listen to his patients and I have found him to be very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. He is also easily accessible and his assistant, Gabrielle, does an amazing job as not only as his assistant but a phlebotomist as well! Great job guys!

Submitted Dec. 20, 2009 | flag