Rate Dr. Marne OShae

Dr. Marne OShae's Ratings

She and I started off great. Very insightful. Then due to a message from me that her staff garbled about continuing a med I'd started in another state, she ended up accusing me of being a non-compliant pill seeker. So I switched docs, and when doc #2 called her for some info, she bad mouthed me and accused him of stealing patients! I should mention I'm male, and subsequently I've been told she works best with older women. Too bad, she's a very bright woman who needs a serious ego overhaul.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr. O'Shea didn't show up to the appointment--I waited 20 minutes and she didn't even make it in to the office; from the office staff's behavior, it seems this is normal for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2382606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr. Oshea has a very condesending demeanor, looks up every drug on the computer, and argues sith you over what others in the practice have prescribeded. She seems insecure as she is so overly assertive/aggressive. I left there feeling angry and scared. I got a new doctor instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

At first I felt listened to and cared for. At subsequent visits I felt like it was my first time there - previous problems not being addressed. More time on the laptop than with me. I will not be back. Very disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2012

I waited almost three months for a first visit and although when I first met with Dr. O'Shea, I found her to be both compassionate and personable, my relationship with her deteriorated. She literally argued with me over my own choice for my health care, even after a serious diagnosis. She was unable or unwilling to help me to find a specialist when I asked for her help. When she grudgingly complied with my request, she set up an appointment for five months away. When when I felt the wait was too long for my situation and found a different specialist on my own and wanted to discuss the information that the specialist offered, she was dismissing and insulting. She insisted that all of my medical problems could be solved by changing my diet and embracing alternative medicines. I will not go back, nor can I recommend this doctor with a clear conscience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

Dr. O'Shae is an absolutely amazing doctor, she is by far the most kind and compassionate doctor I have ever met in my life. She is so incredibly knowledgeable of medicine as well as alternative practices, it completely blows my mind. I strongly disagree with the negative comments listed here, I am sure the issue described in one comment was surely a misunderstanding that the individual could have easily talked to Dr. O'Shae about as she is very open-minded and understanding. As for the staff, they are absolutely amazing and kind-hearted and no one could ask for better. One question I would like to ask, would you rather have high-quality patient care and longer appointment times to address all your needs or would you rather have short waiting periods and poor-quality care? Something to think about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

I have never been more pleased with a primary care physician than I have been with Dr. O'Shae. I switched to her practice from Dr. Yoon and Radomski, and could not be more satisfied with the care that I have been receiving. I appreciate how accessible her practice is for acute visits; if I needed to come in I have always been been seen by someone either that day or the next. As other reviewers have mentioned, she takes the time to get to know her patients, and I have found her to be very approachable and personable. As a healthcare professional, I have recommended her to many of my coworkers (mostly nurses). I like that she is open to both conventional and alternative therapies, and takes the time to consider other factors (mental wellbeing, family/work circumstances, diet/exercise etc). I noticed that one person commented that her office staff are unpleasant, but I have found just the opposite! I am continually impressed by their friendliness and find them to be very capable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

I would not go see her again. She has a difficult personality. She herself is one problem at this office. Another problem is the office staff: they're very brusque and unfriendly. The third problem is how terribly long you have to wait to be seen (way too long to be acceptable). The whole place is really extraordinarily bad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. O'Shae accused me of being sexually abused as a cause for a chronic pain disorder that I have. Although I explain there was not a history of abuse in my family, she refused to stop accusing me. As someone not trained in psychology, it is irresponsible for her to go out spouting "opinions" such as that. When I expressed my concerns with her wanted to take me off birth control pills (she's a propagandist who tried to give me pamphlets explaining the evils of hormonal birth control pills), she said that I wasn't making sense and it was "the drugs talking." This woman seriously needs to have a nice long review by the NYS medical board before she continues to practice on unsuspecting patients. Doctors pledge to "do no harm." Dr. O'Shae sure harmed me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2010

Dr. O'Shae is a first-rate physician with a strongly compassionate side. I am impressed by her ability to combine a passionate professionalism with a very human caring. It is clear that Dr. O'Shae loves what she does and that she is very serious about her patients' health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][577097].votes_count ]]