Rate Dr. David Backstein

Dr. David Backstein's Ratings

A year after having my knee replacement I can't even tell that it is artificial. I can bend it fully and kneel with no problem. The scar is very thin and hardly noticeable. Dr. Backstein is caring and one of the best in his field. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1520630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

Now 3 1/2 years after my total knee replacement, l'm thrilled to be doing all that l did before. Winter, I ski 5 days a week, summer, l cycle 18 km every morning, hike, snow shoe, kayak and power walk trying to stay in good health. Dr. Backstein, you gave me back my excitment for life, the adventure in my soul and now my husband is working hard to keep up with me. I am 67 years old and loving life in Collingwood. If l need the second knee done one day, guess who l will have doing it. Thanks to doctors like you, life is good. U. R.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1520629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

Performed a hip replacement on me May, 2011. Top notch results from day 1. Scar is almost invisible, movement normal. Joanna is an excellent administrator. Highest rating for such a good team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1520628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I appreciated the smooth approach to my surgery to replace my knee. from pre-op to post-op it was very caring. If my scar is any indication to the quality of the surgery I received then I got the best! john

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1520627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Had great experience and treatment. Office staff was very helpful and pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1520626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

In July/2011. I brought my mother(75Years Old)to see Dr.Backstein. He replaced my mother's left knee which was replaced twice before(not by Dr.Backstein) with no success. It's been over a year now, and my mother is doing excellent. She has her life back and is very happy with the results and with Dr.Backstein's kind gentle approach. Everything that Dr.Backstein has explained to her is happening. I've seen my mother go threw an enormous amount of pain, and to see her able to walk straight and for longer periods of time makes me cry with joy. I wish I knew about Dr.Backstein earlier.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1520625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

The previous comment about the unfortunate lady with an elbow fracture is in error. Dr. Backstein did not operate on this patient and had no role in her care. Clearly there was inadequate communication with this family on many levels.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1520624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2011

My mother was admitted to Mount Sinai after a fall. She needed to have surgery on her elbow to pin it together. I wanted to meet with her Dr. to ask questions. My mother was on blood thinners prior to her fall and so Dr Backstein and his team had to wait until her blood was thick enough to perform surgery. All that was fine. What was not ok was that in the 2 days that we waited, each time my family asked to meet with the Dr. we were told that he was unavailable or in surgery. No other Dr. was sent to answer our questions. Dr. Backstein and his team prescribed an antibiotic, Clindamycin for my mother post surgery for prevention of infection. At no time was my mother or her family told of the high risk of contracting C- Difficile with Clindamycin or of the alternatives we could use. My mother got c-diff 3 days after taking this antibiotic. We hold him responsible for lack of informed consent,negligence and poor judgement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1520631].votes_count ]]