Rate Dr. Stan Davey

Dr. Stan Davey's Ratings

Dr. Davey delivered my son 19 years ago. I recently had a laparascopic assisted vaginal

hysterectomy. Dr. Davey took time to explain all my options and then left the decision up to me. I was nervous about having surgery but felt very reassured knowing Dr.Davey was so knowledgable and experienced. I had total confidence in him. I went home after a couple of days and am pleasantly surprised by how good I feel. I am a nurse and I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Dr Davey was amazing ... Wouldn't want any other dr to deliver my baby ... He was very informative through out my pregnancy ... He was on the ball when I went in for my last appointment before my due date ... And he sent me to emerg for a ultra sound and next thing you know I am having a C section ... dr Daveys was very comforting and explained everything to me the next day I was in the hospital waiting for my bundle of joy ... And Dr Daveys was very comforting during the surgery and was always talking to me and my husband ... Thanks Dr Daveys so much this was my first iv first major surgery and first stay in the hospital ... A big thank u to dr Daveys thank you so much and in the future he will be my dr again no doubt about it ....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I went to him cause I was having discomfort for very long time and told him I wanted to be complete fixing but he wouldn`t cause of my age scared to send me into menopause. So he did not do as I requested. On operating day I went into the OR they said I was having a complete so I thought he may changed mind til I told his ppl what I wanted they said they have only the uterus to be taken out nothing out so they called him in and said we yaked about it. No not really I told him what I wanted he decided against it . Then after I got out didn't want give me real pain meds like oxys or perks cause to addicting said my dr was dumb to instead day I got out all I got was either tylenol or naproxen 600. What they to do all cause I can't have codeine he does that and want me to suffer when I had a child to raise not fair. I could barely move and he didn't care. I will never go see him again I'm actually telling all my friends about him!!!! :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr Davey was very reassuring. He made me feel comfortable and used humor to lessen my tension.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

I like the fact that Dr. Davey comes straight to the point and doesn't leave you wondering whats going on. Explains things in detail. I do wish ther were some ratings on women having hysterectomys. Tells you all your options and then allows you to make a decision on the way you want to go. Some people may not like him because he is so straight forward, but for me I want to know what is going on in my body. Great DR.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2010

Dr. Davey is a great Dr. I have had two emergency surgeries after childbirth - one 6 weeks after, one immediately after and he performed both. He came and held my hand before the surgery, and comforted me when he knew I was scared. In addition to the surgeries, he also delivered my third child. He is busy man, but he always took the time to carefully and knowledgeably answer any questions I had. He never rushed me, never failed to listen to my opinions or thoughts. In the reviews I have read that some people think he is pompous. In my opinion, he is just sure of himself as any good Dr. should be - if something was not going to work (ie. birth plan wise), he tells the patient as opposed to letting them think it is going to happen the way they have planned ... In my opinion, that is called realism. He has a ton of experience and any patient would be lucky to have him as their Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2010

Dr. Davey was on call, would have much preferred my regular dr. He came in with his ego, wouldn't listen to what my husband and I had to say and kept interrupting me every time I tried to say something. Came across as a pompous, rude, cowboy instead of a professional. Wouldn't let my dog see him and I feel sorry for the poor souls that have him as their dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

BEST DOCTOR EVER.I WOULD RECOMMED HIM TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE. staff was very friendly and always remembered my name. He was only late once. HE answered all of my questions and prepared us for everything as we had a few complications during the pregnancy. It was because he listened to me and knew that i did not want a c section, that i got to have my little girl vaginally. He did everything he could to grant everything that my husband and i wanted to have happen during labour. His bedside mannor was awsome and he was very kind and calm and because of that I was calm. I never seen him in even the slightest of an off mood, was always pleasent to see. and he was great with my 2 y/o son who is into everything and wants to know everything. if i ever have another baby I hope i am fortunate enough to have him again as it was the best experience of my life....THANK YOU DR DAVEY FOR EVERYTHING

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2009

Dr Davey was on call doctor when I showed up in L&D he was rude and not willing to hear me out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2009

Dr. Davey was wonderful with all three of my pregnancies and two of my miscarriages. My first born had a complex congential heart defect and he was great with me, and came and saw me as soon as our son was diagnosed to give us reassurance about what we were about to go through (4 open heart surgeries... and numerous complications). He was very kind and sensitive to all my anxities with my two younger children, sent me for all the appropriate extra exams, and was always very thorough. I would recommend him to anyone. I can see how some could find his bedside manner off at times, but I keep in mind that he too is human, and allowed to make mistakes as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1522768].votes_count ]]