Rate Dr. Debra Van Aggelen

Dr. Debra Van Aggelen's Ratings

I have always found Dr. Van Aggelan compassionate, knowledgeable, friendly and listens well.
She constantly updates her medical knowledge through conferences, etc. and shares that information with the patient. She is often a bit behind, however it is so she doesn't have to turn patients away in time of need. I have always been treated with the best knowledge, care, referrals, treatments, prescriptions, etc., needed. I would like to add that
Teresa is an amazing receptionist and person!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2623067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I recently moved to West Vancouver and was actually referred by a friend to Dr. Van Aggelen. Let me tell you, all the negative responses below were the exact points I made when speaking about her to my friends, family and coworkers. She does not care about you, or your issues. Suffering with a terrible back injury, this lady doesn't look up your file, follow up and is at the edge of her seat just waiting to get the heck on with your appointment. She doesn't listen to anything I say. Proof when I told her the medication she prescribed me wasn't working so she prescribed me something "different".. it was the same prescription. She is just pushing through her patients to get her paycheque - as you can see by the amount of expensive clothes, jewellery she wears while tending to you. Worse doctor I have seen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Dr Van Aggelen showed compassion and consideration and went above and beyond expectatations when I was faced with an acute illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

She has treated myself and five family members. We have all benefitted from her knowledge base and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585011].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Excellent care, informed, takes all issues seriously, is proactive, refers to a specialist, is personable, her receptionist Teresa is excellent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451361].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr. Van Aggelen is knowledgeable with very good diagnostic abilities.She has helped me with a variety of general health problems, without prejudice or judgement and provided excellent advice on problems I encountered at my workplace. She does, however, treat a lot of patients so be prepared for a bit of a wait. Have some patience and understand that there are others that also need her help. So bring a good book with you and enjoy your stay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1523439].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 24, 2012

After seeing Dr. Van Aggelen for only the past couple of years I have decided to move on. Her tardiness is most inconvenient and me feeling shuffled out the door when finally seeing her is very upsetting. She is always ready to refer me to someone before even getting to know the symptoms. Ugh. She has a rehearsed verbal repertoire that is annoying. Never any true inquisitive questions or a moment to listen. I look forward to my new Doctor and creating a relationship at this new office. The only thing swift and indicative of her office and behaviour is the invoice they sent me for $30 to transfer my records. I have had to remind her of my blood work dates required and follow up phone calls by me constantly. Ugh.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1523438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2011

Dr. Van Aggelen is our family doctor for about 16 years. That includes the youngest which just turned a year old. I owe my life to the good doctor. My complaints is always taken seriously. I have been into two major crisis in my life and she is always very supportive. Without her expertise I am probably be either in the loony bin or six feet under. I just saw her two days ago and she remembered even small detail about me.Same thing I can say about Teresa. I think she is the funniest and I love her witty remarks to put you at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1523437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

Have taken our 80 year old mum there for the last time. This unprofesional doctor always seems in a hurry, never checks vitals unless repeatedly requested, very unhelpful. She would do better if she at least looked at the patient's file. She seems more interested in putting through as many patients as she can. And her staff is no prize either! Always late, never apologetic. How this doc practices especially in West Vancouver, we don't know.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1523436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

My mother, grandmother and I all had/have Van Aggelen. In over 10 years of my seeing her there was always a wait. She often dismissed my issues to the point where I decided to get a new MD. The last time I saw Van Aggelen I sat in her room crying about a very sensitive issue. She denied my request for testing and left me there crying. My new MD has been working very closely with me to ensure that my situation is dealt with and I have never had to wait for her - not even 5 minutes. The breaking point really came when my mom was dying of cancer. She ran out of pain medication and her palliative care dr was on a medical emergency leave. My dad contacted Van Aggelen's office and was told to bring my mom in before they would re-write her prescription! She was bed-ridden! Unfortunately my mom passed away 5 hours later - yet she is still on the contact list at Van Aggelen's office for my grandmother. I’m sick thinking about it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1523435].votes_count ]]