Rate Dr. Sherri R. Tysch

Dr. Sherri R. Tysch's Ratings

I met Dr. Tysch at her previous group office. Was so impressed with her that we followed her when she opened her own practice in Thousand Oaks. I can't think of anything negative over the last 10 years of seeing her. She cares so much about my boys (now 14 and 18) and their well being. I found her care to be appropriate and not overly aggressive as stated by another rater. I'm not interested in a more holistic approach, trust her and the immunizations/ flu shots she advocates. These are decisions supported by the Academy of Pediatrics. My healthy child had pneumonia in 7th grade, lost weight and has had asthma ever since. Both boys had the swine flu several years ago and now the 2nd one has asthma. Dr. Tysch has met me after hours to deal with an asthma issue, answered calls promptly and cared for my 18 yr old when he had pneumonia in the 7th grade. I am a registered nurse and TRUST her completely. Every parent should meet with several pediatricians to find one that shares their belief system. She works for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Tysch is a caring and concerned doctor. She spends time with each of my children. Her exam is not a quick once-over like other doctors we've had. She really takes the time to talk to us, asking questions, listening to our concerns and offering knowledgeable suggestions. She is thorough and thank goodness she is. My children have had several serious problems that Dr. Tysch fortunately identified and ensured that we received the proper care. I hate to think what would have happened if we'd gone to another, less thorough doctor. Her bedside manner is a big plus- she is kind, has a sense of humor, and puts her patients at ease. My kids love her. Her staff is equally wonderful. Anything we need they are there for us. There were a number of times that my kids needed to be seen for illness late in the day and Dr. Tysch and her staff waited for us past their closing time in order to provide care. I highly recommend Dr. Tysch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

Dr. Tysch has been there for us through the birth of our 3 children to being a wonderful pediatrician through the years. Our children range from 1-4 and they were born close together. She always inquires about the health and well-being of the parents as well (are we getting enough sleep, are we getting our flu shots, etc.) since this factors in to the overall well-being of the children. She's caring, knowledgable, and most always accessible. She's a straight talker so those with thinner skins may have some issues but she really has the the children's best interests at heart...and that's what is most important. We love that our children are always seen by her and not one of many doctors in a large practice. We can't endorse her enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2011

There has been no greater medical advocate for our three children than Dr. Tysch. Period.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Dr Tysch might be ok if your kids are perfectly healthy and never have anything wrong with them. But god forbid they sneeze or develop a rash, etc. She will diagnose them with every possible disease she can think of, and make the situation sound as grave as it can be. She kept sending me to different specialists, all of whom found nothing wrong with my son, but she kept insisting that I come back for more appointments and insisted on doing more and more xrays (on a NEWBORN)!! When I told her I was worried about the amount of xrays she was exposing him to, she yelled at me and told me that he might die. I finally went to a different pediatrician who confirmed (like all the other doctors) that there is no problem, and now a year and a half later, my kid is as healthy as can be without any of the treatments she recommended. Stay away from this woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Whoah......just read some of the bad comments about Dr. Tysch and I am shocked. She is not only a fantastic pediatrician but a friend as well. I have 4 kids ranging from 4-12 and have ZERO complaints from the last 12 years. I think she is very thorough, smart, punctual and caring. She has called me at 2:00 a.m. before and seen my kids on Sunday's. The nurses at Los Robles Hospital have nothing but nice things to say about Dr. Sherri Tysch. She is a favorite in Thousand Oaks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Love, love Dr. Tysch - Great with my kids, available day and night. She is honest, so if you are looking for a weak doctor that will tell you what you want to hear - look elsewhere! She puts the health of your child first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2010

Don't go here if you are HMO!!! Dr. Tysch doesn't support her HMO and criticizes them and makes us patients feel bad and low class for even having an HMO. Which to me, is odd, since she herself is an HMO provider. If it wasn't for her staff, and the front office woman who does the referrals to the specialists, I am not sure sure I would continue to go here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

I agree with the other posts... Dr. Tysch tends to be an alarmist and is somewhat of a know-it-all. She surely cares for her patients however if I'm there to see her for one child and she glances at something on the other, we get charged for two office visits. It's rediculous! I myself administered an oral vaccine to my baby once and they still charged me for the admin of the "shot". Jessica who has been there for a few years is terribly abrupt and rude. I am a believer in the importance of immunizations and flu shots so was glad Dr. Tysch had knowledge of additional shots that would help protect my kids. Dr. Tysch will research to be prepared for any special condition your child has which is why I chose her in the first place. However the rudeness of the staff combined with the "money, money, money" mentality of the office has become more than I will tolerate. Definitely a one way street over there - you might wait 30-60 min to get in but don't expect same courtesy in return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

I did not have a great experience here. I felt that she was rather bossy and abrasive with me and took the attitude of a know it all. I also felt criticized for the way I parent my child. I wont be going back--there are many other, nicer docs around, fortunately.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2126361].votes_count ]]