Rate Dr. Ross Wilkinson

Dr. Ross Wilkinson's Ratings

Okay, admittedly, this doctor's bedside manner is not great. However, when approaching any physician with regards to surgery, beside manner is a luxury, not a priority. I was injured playing basketball in university an had a torn meniscus and ACL, which ultimately required two surgeries to fix. Dr. Wilkinson was prompt, efficient, and most importantly, extremely effective. I am back to where I was prior to the injury, and my knee feels better than ever. I would 100% recommend this physician. I actually found his straightforwardness (which some may misinterpret as him being cold) quite reassuring in that I knew exactly what was wrong from the start, what needed to be done, and ultimately how quickly it could all be achieved. Looking back, I could not have asked for a better orthopaedic surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Very knowledgible, able to think out of the box, personable, empathetic, has paitinets best interest in mind, polite, totally focussed on patient at hand. Even under time pressure, always spent the time required to answer all questions, provide pros and cons and give his best advise. Follow up appointments were excelent and kept me in his follow up system until he was totally satisfied that would be OK on my own. Would highly recommend this doctor for any knee problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

Had orthoscopic knee surgery performed by Dr. Wilkinson for a torn meniscus at the end of April 2013. I had also suffered ligament damage originally that had healed because I waited so long to have the surgery (2 years). My knee is now 100% and I have not had a problem. The recovery was longer than I had hoped (2 - 3 months to 100%, was golfing by the end of June), and my swelling was pretty bad, but this was more indicative of work obligations and difficult living arrangements during the recovery. Dr. Wilkinson's approch can be abrupt, but I appreciated his no BS, professional approach. Based on where my knee is now I would say Dr. Wilkinson does great work, no reservation recommending him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

My pre-teen daughter was referred to Dr.Wilkinson by our sports md for knee pain and a positive MRI result of meniscus "derrangement". He examined my daughter for about 7-10 minutes. Then he spent a few minutes reviewing the MRI, said nothing was wrong, she would be better with 2 years of "rest" , and refused to answer my questions with anything other than "two years rest". It was devasting to my daughter, a competitive athlete, especially because he showed no sympathy or kindness at all. He had no explanation for her extreme pain, nor did he ask for x-rays or order any additional tests. We just saw another surgeon who thankfully agreed with the MRI, had additional x-rays taken, where he found a broken bone which explains the pain she has suffered for over 6 months. It's possible Dr. Wilkinson doesn't normally treat young patients, though he should make that known to his peers so they will not refer youth to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

Dr Wilkinson was very kind and gentle. He listened to me in spite of being extremely busy, taking time to answer my questions. If I needed anything on follow up I always got an appointment in reasonable time. His secretary at his office is amazing and also sweet! I love efficiency! Dr Wilkinson appears abrupt at times but it is only because he is serious about doing the right job and is deep in thought considering his options.He does have a sense of humour whereas most orthopedic surgeons do not!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

Dr.Wilkinson is one of the most professional doctors I have dealt with. He is knowledgeable, courteous and takes the time to answer questions, never making you feel rushed or unimportant. I have been very satisfied with my experience. I had ACL reconstruction in December. My scars were so minimal that even the physiotherapists were impressed. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

EXCELLENT SURGEON!!! He performed 2 distal clavicle excisions on me over the last 2 years (both shoulders) I trust him 100% and would rely on him for any orthopaedic procedure I would need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

He may be a good surgeon, however I do not need an operation and was referred for a fracture. His explanation and treatment recommendation was fine, but he did not seem at all interested in my questions and left very quickly - I was left a little confused. A fracture is just run of the mill for him - but for the patient life is heavily disrupted albeit temporarily. I waited 1.5hrs for a 6 minute consult - he could have spent a little more time answering question, ensuring that I knew what to do. The clinic staff were SUPER supportive and answered some questions but they are not who I paid to see! Comment to Dr Wilkinson - take 2 minutes to listen to your patient, it will build trust, confidence in you and ultimately a faster recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

My first meeting with Dr. Wilkinson was one year ago. He was the only Dr. that was able to relieve my shoulder pain with a cordizone shot. I had been suffering for more than a year. After the first shot he tried everything to avoid surgery however we finally agreed it was the only option. I had the surgery 6 weeks ago. Though still not pain free I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Wilkinson. No, he is not a man of many words but as long as you have your list of questions when you see him he is more than happy to take the time to answer all without rushing you. He is a kind,compassionate man not to mention an excellent surgeon. Both my husband and I have the utmost respect for him and would recommend him in a second! CMC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I had an ACL reconstruction with Dr. W 14 years ago. According to my new surgeon the ACL is still strong. Dr. W. was quick but good and although his bedside manner is a little dry, we actually had a laugh or two after my surgery when he came in to see me. I never had any problems or ill effects after my surgery and if it's still strong after 14 yrs of kickboxing and karate, that says a lot about his work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1524637].votes_count ]]