Rate Dr. Ian Lo

Dr. Ian Lo's Ratings

Its been over 2 years since the second of my operations on my right shoulder. After spending the better part of 8 years in constant pain, Dr. Lo identified and corrected my injuries. About 10 months after the initial surgery, pain came back, however Dr. Lo once again immediately identified and got me in for surgery quickly. Repaired the shoulder and as previously stated, its been 2 years and i am pain free. Prompt service, excellent bed side manner (was very nervous for my second surgery, he came, spoke with me and my wife, and by the end of the conversation had both of us laughing as well as half the operating staff, awesome choice of footwear!) I have been able to start swimming again, and have recently taken up golfing, both of which would have not been possible without the help of Dr. Lo and his staff. Very thankful for the talent of Dr. Lo, and would recommend him to anyone who is having shoulder issues. Thank you Dr. Lo!

Submitted March 3, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lo treated me for ruptured supraspinatus and ruptured infraspinatus tendons. His booking staff was helpful and respectful. Ian was on time for all my appointments and was always willing to answer my questions. He took the time to make sure I knew what my surgery involved and made me feel comfortable with his approach. My arm was pretty much useless for doing anything higher than my shoulder and painful. Now, 9 months after surgery, I have a week long golf trip planned. Thank you Dr. Lo!

Submitted April 25, 2013 | flag

This surgeon is curt, rude and arrogant. After my surgery, I could not take the Oxycotin he prescribed and when I took them to him to ask how to dispose of these pills, he suggested that I sell them on the street as they are valuable! What? This guy WORKS for WCB, and he refused to take me off work, stating that it was up to WCB and my employer. He could have taken me off work, but he delayed the surgery until it was severe enough perform the more detailed SX so he could make more money. Initially, it was described as an insignificant tear. It turned out to be Major surgery. During one Exam, he did not know what shoulder he was treating, and asked me! After the surgery on my Left shoulder, he forced my arm into the air and tore the ligaments the he had repaired 3 weeks previously. This resulted in a Popeye muscle. This Dr. is greedy, as he delays surgery so the patient suffers longer and the injury becomes worse. Post surgery, he refused to see me because of the damage he did.

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lo's staff should be ex-staff IMHO. I have now called the office 42 times in the past 3 months (and am still calling in an attempt to discuss apointment times)but his administrative assistant has answered the phone once only. The rest of the time when the phone rang she has let it go to the answering machine which promises a return call within 2 business days.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lo did excellent work (3 procedures) on my shoulder. I felt better 1 week post op than I felt pre op In fact when I attended my first post op physiotherapy appointment, 3 (non WCB) physiotherapist's could not believe how much I had recovered in such a short time period. Had WCB (and their favorite providers AKA 'Work Hardening' program) not been later involved in my post op treatment I am certain that outcome would have been even better. Thank you Dr. Lo. You are one of the great ones and a great guy too!

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. LO operated on my right shoulder to repair a type 2 SLAP lesion. He was very honest and realistic about his ability to repair my shoulder and the time required to recover. The staff was great and I would highly recommend Canada Surgery Solutions to anyone. There is an obvious advantage to using a private clinic. The staff was courteous and helpful and there were lots of them.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

He has operated on my shoulder 5 times as it was torn so bad he is the best at what he does and evan better at puting me. At ease about surgry thnks doc highly recmend

Submitted Nov. 6, 2011 | flag

Amazing doctor who did major rotator cuff surgery on me when I "pulled it out from the bone and delaminated it". One day he even made it to an appointment after his wife was stabbed accidently by a pencil I believe. Now I need my second shoulder done by him.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Lo performed 3 Arthroscopic Surgeries on both of my shoulders. Once on my left shoulder due to MVA. and twice on my right shoulder due to work injury. Dr. Lo is a very smart and competent surgeon.About all he is a presence and very humble man. Dr. Lo , we need you and the system needs more quility doctors like you. Thank you for the good works.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2009 | flag

Dr Lo performed surgery on my rotator cuff tear one year ago, he was excellent. I would highly recommend him for surgery. I went home the same day, no sickness, and no pain for over 24 hours. Very nice staff.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2009 | flag