Dr. Pierre A Monpremier

Dr. Pierre A Monpremier

Rate Dr. Pierre A Monpremier

Dr. Pierre A Monpremier's Ratings

Absolutely the best doctor. He takes the time to explain my illness and the reason for each prescription. He gives me papers that he has researched from the last meeting and is very caring. Cannot believe that there is anyone better than him in the field of psychiatry.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2012 | flag

After 1 session, he told me I was not depressive, but rather I had a schizoid personality. Yes, after only 1 session. This despite I was already diagnosed as depressive. He then took out his university medical book and made me read, in French, the definitions for depression and schizoid personality. The book was covered with highlighted text. The 2nd psychiatrist I consulted referred to him as a fruitcake, and confirmed that I did not have a schizoid personality. Somehow, reading that he took a distress call during a therapy session does not surprise me. This is what prompted me to share my story, which happened close to 14 years ago. Needless to say that if I still remember his name and his diagnostic after all this time, it is because he made quite an impression on me. If you think taking distress calls during therapy sessions, and making such serious diagnostics after only 1 session, is ok, then by all means. If you ask me: stay away, or at the very least get a second opinion.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

Dr. Monpremier has a very excellent knowledge and experience. This psychiatrist is helping me dealing with a very serious mental health problem and he's always ready to help me. Just so you know, if he takes some distress calls during your appointment, it is because the person on the phone needs immediate attention. Maybe one day you will need this immediate attention and you will be happy that someone takes time to help you on the spot. So, be certain that it was not a mark of disrespect, but a urgent matter he was treating. Very very happy and proud to be one of his patient !

Submitted Dec. 12, 2010 | flag

I saw him many years ago, referred by family physician. I felt more comfortable in french. Like all black people he wore too much perfume and he took distress calls during my time, yes during my appointment! Very disrespectulf. Maybe is knows a lot, but the books in his office, I can have them too, like the DSM-IV etc. Not helpful at all.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2010 | flag

I have had a lot of psychiatrists but this guy is better than any shrink I had at the hospital. He knows a lot about illness and meds. He is very caring, really listens to me and treats me with respect.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2009 | flag

Simply the BEST!!! Honored to be one of his patients. Very compassionate, makes his clients feel comfortable. Cannot say much more. I think the first line says it all!!!

Submitted April 20, 2008 | flag

Seemed nice enough at first but now I am hanging in limbo with a serious disorder and have not had calls returned since May - thanks for the help NOT

Submitted Dec. 3, 2007 | flag

This doctor is excellent in every way. Would recommend him highly. Excellent Doctor who take extra care of his patients.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2007 | flag

Very knowledgeable doctor and cares for his patients.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2007 | flag