You may also like

Rate Dr. Ian Ross

Dr. Ian Ross's Ratings

I have had problems with my teeth forever and recently have had to go to the hospital emergency dept. and they called Dr Ross and he saw me the next day first thing. I was scared and worried about the costs. he examined me took xrays and then explained very clearly the problems that I had and that I needed treatment soon or the problems would return. He told me that it would be expensive but also said afterI talked to him about things going on in my life that his office would look into it and see what they could do to help. I love getting calls from that office because it got me into assistance programs I didn't know existed. Every time they called the news got better. Dr Ross cared. I was in tears telling him my problems and he said what he was going to do and he did it. He cares about his patients whether they are rich or poor. I wish I had the chance to see him about 10 years ago

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

All three of my children have had their wisdom teeth out by Dr. Ross and I cannot recommend him highly enough. His compassion and warm personality made him so approachable to the kids and the way he took the time to kindly and thoroughly explain the procedure made the experiences completely positive for my family! Both before and after surgery Dr. Ross was incredibly conscientious and patient, answering any questions we had. He was extremely knowledgable about the procedure and thorough with post op instructions as well.

We also found his office team to be very friendly and welcoming. For all three kids, the appointments were on time and we were greeted warmly upon arriving. He was also very flexible with accommodating us with rescheduling when we had to postpone due to illness. Both Dr. Ross and his team seemed fully dedicated to my children's experience as patients and it was so refreshing to feel as though we were of utmost importance!

If you ever need to have oral surgery done, seek out this doctor. He is AMAZING, not only with his work, but with his patient care! Thank you, Dr. Ross!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Ross is very personable, knowledgeable, and professional. He genuinely seems to care about how his patients are doing and his knowledge is top notch.

Unfortunately the scheduling practices of his office are terrible. I have had eight appointments with him over the past year and a half and more often than not he is running an hour to two hours behind schedule. The chatter in his waiting room is very positive about him, however there is a consistent mentioning of long wait times. Although he is a genuinely good person, he is knowingly or unknowingly prioritizing profit maximizing over patient experience and quality of care.

You can hear the stress in his voice when he apologizes for being late as he sincerely feels badly, and I believe he could considerably lower the stress levels of his patients which contribute to higher stress levels of his staff and his own stress levels and job enjoyment by altering his schedule to allow for the inevitable emergencies that pop up in his type of practice. He could also introduce a process of email or telephone notifications to his patients when his staff know that he is running considerably behind schedule.

Emergency do come up in this type of environment from time to time and some delays will be inevitable. However a hard decision has to be made to change his scheduling practices in order to minimize these delays and respect his patients time and enjoy his life better. The trade-off is making slightly less money in order to achieve this.

I didn't rate helpfulness very high as I was surprised that he did not suggest that I could get follow up appointments with my local dentist for the three very basic follow up appointments that occur after the installation of each implant. After driving an hour and a half each direction for four of these appointments I finally asked about my local dentist doing the follow up and he said that would be fine if my doctor had the required tightening device. I wish this option had been presented to me in the beginning.

His staff appear to be fairly good people but certainly not trained in patient centric care. There was no apology at any of the Times when Dr. Ross was running way behind schedule, and when I did finally bring it up they took a defensive posture.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Ross seems nice but the major problem is his booking clerk. I have never dealt with a ruder person - all 3 times I spoke to her. Friends of mine who have also seen Dr. Ross, say the same thing about her. Although Dr. Ross has a very good reputation, dealing with this staff person is enough to make me go elsewhere even though Dr. Ross is the only oral surgeon in the Valley. I will go to Halifax.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

I was so scared to have my wisdom teeth out but Dr. Ross was so kind to explain why they should be removed and what kind of problems could happen. He made it so much easier as he made me feel that he cared about me. He did a great job and have had no problems. I strongly recommend Dr.Ross he is funny,cares , and does a good job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr. Ross extracted 2 badly impacted, infected wisdom teeth of mine in Kentville Hospital. He is personable, professional and I assume very skilled. His staff is great too. The only reason I am rating him OK on helpfulness is because I had some issues after surgery which were of concern to me ( pieces of teeth working their way through my gums and to the surface - white pointy pieces sticking out - I didn't know what the heck they were - it was like an alien growing out of me). The concerns would never have arisen if he had just explained that this type of thing is common and happens frequently - then I wouldn't have freaked out so much to see these things exiting my gums! But truly, he is terrific and highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

First visit 4 wisdom teeth removed...no pain during or after, ever. 2nd visit another extraction same thing. If i was rich and he was poor i would send him a gift!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1526660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2012

eceptional Dr. You are in fine hands with him, very skilled and nice personality too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1526659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2012

Dr Ian Ross is the nicest and funniest surgeon. I was terrified when i found out i had 5 wisdom teeth instead of 4. I actually started to cry like a baby haha. He was very comforting and super understanding. I had zero complications and didnt feel a thing. The price was very reasonable as well. The staff were amazing and were very nice! Whoever gives this surgeon a bad review obviously expects better then excellent. I recommend Dr.Ross to absolutely anybody, because he truly was the best. If i could do it all over again i deff would do it again. If you have the chance to get Dr. Ross, take it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1526658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2011

had arthroscopie done 1 year ago the only unfortunate thing is that i have to go back in sept to have more extensive surgery done i have been diagnosed iwth tmj, temporal tendonosis, stylomandibular ligamentosis and masseter myositis along with central sensitization :( but dr. ross has been excellent in trying to do everything he can to keep me comfotable through all this

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1526657].votes_count ]]