Rate Dr. Alan Giachino

Dr. Alan Giachino's Ratings

Dr.G is the most down to earth Dr. I have ever met. I asked if I could take a pcture of my new knee he said sure give me your camera and stand beside your X-ray. That blew me away such a busy Dr. would be so cosiderate. Dr. G gave me total knee and a total new LIFE. Thanks Dr. G

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

The first time I met with him - he insulted me for asking a question. He may be very knowledgeable in his field but he should be able to express it in plain language to the patient.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2012 | flag

Amazing doctor! He is very kind and considerate, sincere and caring!

Submitted Feb. 14, 2012 | flag

I worked at the hospital where Dr. Giachino did his residedncy. I then connected with him 40 some years later when smashed my humerous to bits.The doctor who fixed my arm into a slab was part of his team - Dr. G was head of Orthopedic surgery at the Ottawa Hospital. I had to visit the Plaster Room what seemed like every second day, no, just kidding! Anyhoo, at the 4 month mark I had enough and Dr. G did surgery on my arm, putting in plates and pins. Hooray! Now he is looking after my knees. I trust him and know that I am part of the team -

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Dr.Giachino performed my surgery just about three years ago. Four other ortho's looked at my injury (extremely rare, in my physio's 20 years of experience I was the second patient she had ever seen with this type of break) and it was Dr.Giachino who decided to take me on as his patient. I hold the highest regards for him. Due to his hard work and dedication, I am able to walk, run and resume my daily activities. He truely is an amazing person that was blessed with a gift, not to mention his contributions to Doctors without Borders. Thank you Dr.Giachino!

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Giachino is the nicest, kindest, most compassionate doctor I have ever met. He performed a hip replacement on me and every health professional (nurses, therapists) I met afterward had the highest opinion of him and his surgical skills. He came to see me in Recovery at the end of the day and came to my room every day I was in the hospital and even saw me in rehab on a Saturday. He is always smiling and kind and always makes me feel that my wellbeing is important to him. I always feel better just seeing him. I could write another 500 word about how wonderful he is but I think I have made my opinion clear. If you get referred to Dr. Giachino count yourself very lucky and know that you are in the best hands possible.

Submitted July 19, 2010 | flag

AMAZING Doctor!!!! So helpful and knowledgeable. Lori at the front desk is wonderful!

Submitted Aug. 5, 2009 | flag

In 2004 my husband fell 21 feet and sustained a severe injury to his left leg. If it had not been for Dr. Giachino I am almost certain that the outcome would not have been the same. Although my husband is permanently impaired, his and my thanks go out to Dr. Giachino who I might add does medical volunteer work around the world every year, and his spectacular team. He was always attentive and always concerned. He takes his job seriously and is passionate about his work, he never settled and referred us to additional specialists for problems that further arose. Very forthright and extremely professional and the only doctor so far that I have seen on this rating website with a score of 5.....so far.

Submitted March 18, 2008 | flag

A very kind, gentle, knowledgable. friendly man. Cares about his patients and their needs. Wish there were more like him. I have never heard a bad word about him in the waiting rooms or other patients. Excellent bedside manner. He takes the time to know you and doesn't rush your visit. Willing to explain everything in detail. Proud and lucky to have him as a surgeon.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2008 | flag

Good doctor, good man, good person. He should be proud of the work he does and the wonderful way he treats his patients.

Submitted June 7, 2007 | flag