Rate Dr. Ken Atkinson

Dr. Ken Atkinson's Ratings

Had a number of tests done and follow-up visits. Compared to a few other specialists I have had he is at the top. Great personality and great patient relationship.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

I was impressed with his personability. He was patient and explained procedure in lay terms. Did the colonoscopy and basically I fell asleep. All in all the procedure was painless and no discomfort. Worst part was hospital gown. LOL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

A very carely Doctor and very helpful.
Have been seeing him for years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

He is a very caring and knowledgable dr. I am glad i was sent to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

Great doctor, very caring, and if required he spends lots of time with you. His nurse is a great assistant and can help you when he is not in the office or if you have any additional questions. I am also amazed, I have seen the doctor 4 times over the past 2 years and the longest I have had to wait in his office to see him is 5 minutes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Don't know if this Doctor is actually proficient because his office refused my referral because I had seen another specialist years before and Dr. Atkinson refuses to provide a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Very Knowledgeable and gentle. Had a colonoscopy and gastronoscopy at the same time. They sedated me and I didn't feel anything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

So lucky to have a Dr. like him! He knows his stuff inside and out. when your really sick... he,s the guy you want looking after you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Never rushes his appointments and very eager to chat. Has a great RN at his side who is always available if he is busy. Very comfortable with him. Would recommend Dr A to everyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I have recently been to several doctors and specialists and Dr.Atkinson was the first I can give a 5/5 rating to . Here is why :
1. A great doctor gives you all the options
2. He tells you the advantages of each option.
3. But he is not afraid to tell you the limitations.
4. He is not afraid to tell you your rights.
5. He is not afraid to inform you of procedural risks either
6. He does not invalidate you for having questions, concerns or opinions or doubts.
In order to know the difference you also have to be a good patient. I spent 2 hours preparing for my 15 minute meeting. I studied the Mayo Clinic website and printed out and rehearsed my answers to the questions he might ask. I also rehearsed beforehand the questions I should ask.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490478].votes_count ]]