Rate Dr. Ken Atkinson

Dr. Ken Atkinson's Ratings

Excellent Doctor. Never rushes his appointments and very eager to chat. Has a great RN at his side who is always available if he is busy. Very comfortable with him. Would recommend Dr A to everyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I have recently been to several doctors and specialists and Dr.Atkinson was the first I can give a 5/5 rating to . Here is why :
1. A great doctor gives you all the options
2. He tells you the advantages of each option.
3. But he is not afraid to tell you the limitations.
4. He is not afraid to tell you your rights.
5. He is not afraid to inform you of procedural risks either
6. He does not invalidate you for having questions, concerns or opinions or doubts.
In order to know the difference you also have to be a good patient. I spent 2 hours preparing for my 15 minute meeting. I studied the Mayo Clinic website and printed out and rehearsed my answers to the questions he might ask. I also rehearsed beforehand the questions I should ask.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Excellent specialist!! very knowledgeable and has helped my mother with her colitis that she has suffered with for over 10 years with new medication in 3 months. previously used him in 2002 for my daughter who had pancreatitis at 12 yrs old and he was the Only doctor in 5 years of specialists that helped her too. i would certainly recommend Dr. Atkinson as he has given my mum a better quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr A.is great. He really shows that he cares about your health, not just about making money. He takes the time to discuss your needs, and is straightforward with what he thinks. His nurse, Jennifer is great too, very helpful and knowledgeable. The staff has always been nice and accomodating. Kudos for the whoe office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Excellent doctor, knowledgeable and great bedside manner. Have been with him for several years now; had a couple of colonoscopies and no complaints whatsoever, unlike some other docs I'd seen before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I have had this Doc for almost ten years now, since the time I was in university first diagnosed with UC. He has seen me go away for law school, get married and now have my first child. He has been supportive and helpful through out that time. He is quite realistice but compassionate as well. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Dr. Atkinson did my colonoscopy. I have a history of pre-cancerous polyps on my dad's side of the family. I asked him not to drug me too heavily as I have a hyper reaction to those kind of drugs. I think they usually use a propofol type drug, but he gave me valium which usually doesn't knock people out, but it knocked me out. I don't remember the procedure and I woke up as soon as they wheeled me out of the procedure room. Everyone else around me in recovery was asleep for at least an hour. He found 2 polyps (I am only 41), and both were discovered non-cancerous. Dr. Atkinson was gentle. I hardly had any bleeding after the polyps were removed. I had no side-effects from the procedure and the bowel prep. he recommended was gentle and comfortable. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a colonoscopy. Ask for him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2011

he is the best has helped a lot of my friends, and he is very good at what he does

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2010

He is the best doctor I have ever had. He takes the time to listen to all your concerns. You are never rushed by him. Very easy to talk to. Office is never over crowded or appointments never over booked

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2010

HIs staff are very nice, at least they smile. What I like about him is that everytime, I walk into his clinic, you don't see a mob a people sitting down waiting to see the doctor. He's 98% ON TIME. He's extremely great with people- he listens, very helpful and knowledgeable. Great Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1531266].votes_count ]]