Dr. Timothy Y. Jen

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Timothy Y. Jen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Timothy" to "Timothy Y."
RID: 2345654
10/07/12 5 5 5 5 Never dispointed on my each visit. He is skillful in many different health problems. And he fixed my problems that the other doctors just could not fix them.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1418450
17/04/11 4 5 5 5 My adult son and I started seeing Dr Jen over 20 years ago. Both of us have seen other general practice doctors since that time for insurance and other reasons. However, we always come back due to Dr Jen's deeply caring and knowledgeable care.
RID: 1363228
15/02/11 4 1 1 1 Timothy Jen the worst doctor, I've ever had in my life. The big attraction with him is that he speaks cantonese and mandarin. My family and some of the family friends go to him because well they prefer the comfort that he's Chinese and he speaks the language. I find him both uncaring and cold. He's extremely rude when you ask him questions about your condition or ailment to point its like cutting me off so he can go to the next patient (I was waiting like 30 minutes,in the waiting room), he's not up to date about the treatments and medication ( I had to ask him about two specific ointment and he then went to look it up ,and then he just wrote a prescription), and he had to cut a small pebble that got embedded in my skin and he kept saying something like "oh this is really deep" right in front of me while he was doing it. I have totally no faith or confidence in him. I was stupid enough to be have him as my doctor because my family did. Best thing in MY life was to switch doctor
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1323036
29/12/10 1 3 5 5 Great doctor, but staff is unfriendly. Insurance issues become your problem, so be prepared to become an expert in health insurance.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 388193
19/08/07 2 1 3 3 I have waited more than half an hour to see him even though I was the first patience to see him on two different occasions. His staff seems to be just out of high school and does not seem to know how to take my blood pressure. Dr. Jen seems only interested in $$$. He spent half of the time in talking about how little he gets from my insurance company and not my health problems. In every appointments with him, he never forget to tell me his PH.D. degree in addition to his MD degree and how he is better and any other doctors in the bay area.
Paid (or co-pay): $97
RID: 32288
12/06/06 5 5 5 Dr. Jen is extremely nice and extremely knowledgeable. The best.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 6143
09/03/05 5 5 5 He will actually spend the time to talk and listen to you!  Respond