Rate Dr. David Steinke

Dr. David Steinke's Ratings

This man is amazing!!! Not only did he find my husband's cavernous malformation but he removed it as well. He spent so much time with me and my husband explaining things and being so patient with all our questions. For saving my husband and for providing him with a better future I can not thank this doctor enough. He will be forever a GREAT DOCTOR AND GREAT PERSON in my mind!!!! Also his secretary Jeri is amazing! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Submitted Sept. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Steinke, 13 years ago, my sister, Katherine, had no lease on life. Diagnosed with a rare brain stem tumor and pregnant with her first child, she was referred to you. You...saved her, and my niece. Throughout the 13 years, we had many ups and downs...and YOU...were there every step of the way. You gave us 13 years with her. In which time, she had two beautiful children. NONE of it would have been possible without your brilliance, determination and spirit. She adored your honesty, and when her final days were upon her, she thanked you for every second you gave her. You are truly a hero Dr. Steinke. THANK YOU...Tara Cesario.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Steinke performed a Chiari Malformation surgery on my son last April and he no longer has severe headaches and can go back to playing sports and living life pain free. Dr. Steinke is and amazing caring doctor and the nursing staff at the Royal Alexander hospital in Edmonton were wonderful. Thank you for giving me my son back. Tina Hampson

Submitted Feb. 23, 2012 | flag

Dr.Steinke came in on his DAY OFF to perfrom EMERGENCY brain surgery on me. Enough said.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

An incredibly caring surgeon who gave us another 13 years with our daughter for which we cannot thank him enough. Not all conditions can be resolved and he walked with us along that path and for that we are grateful. His office staff were always caring & helpful.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

Excellent Dr. In 1996, I came in with a broken neck, hangman's fracture. Not expected to make it through the night. Dr. Steinke reattached my ripped nerves, got me back together. Now, 15 years later, I have a brain tumour. I requested to see him, and thankfully can. Once again, he has gone over everything so clearly with me. For any Dr. to take 90 mins. to explain things to me is wonderful and unheard of. This man is so gifted, and he is so casual about it. Too bad more Dr. can not be like him.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

I am an ongoing Brain Tumour patient. I cannot thank or say enough about this man. He doesn't sugar coat anything, but has a way about him that instills confidence. He is an amazing surgeon AND an amazing Doctor in general. I cannot imagine putting my life in another neurosurgeons hands. I am forever grateful.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Steinke removed a brain tumour I had in January 2011.His proffessionalism,caring,patience and compassion were outstanding I was in the Royal Alex for five days and had a early morning visit on each He is definitley dedicated and commited to his patients. A heartfelt thanks to you Dr. Steinke.

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

my husband was at workand out of the blue had double vision.we were referred to this doctod.in novemnber of 2008.my husband was never seen by this doctor.as refused to return a phone call or make appointment.dr.chow in the same office ended up getting the ball rolling for us.but that was in march of 2009.by this time he had lost wieght as he was unable to eat much more then soup.because he was put in the back burner way to long.it was a dr.lou at the u of a that finally seen him.he asked when we seen steinke and when i told him he hadnt .dr.lous face dropped.anyway my hubby was diagnosed with sinus cancer april 1 2009.he passed away july 6 2009.i strongly feel he may have had a fighting chance if soemthing would have been done asap.not 6 months later.i would never recommend this doc to anyone.my husbands name was allen lafleur.i am posting this cause i am hoping thsi doc see it and maybe half as remembers the guys he forgot about.

Submitted July 4, 2010 | flag

The absolute best care and bedside manner possible. How do you say thank you to someone who saved your life?? Very caring and compassionate. I was fortunate to be in his care. "Thank you Dr. Steinke"

Submitted Aug. 23, 2009 | flag