Dr. James Andrew Martin

Rate Dr. James Andrew Martin

Dr. James Andrew Martin's Ratings

Great Doctor! Can't believe how lucky I was to be referred to him. He knows his stuff. People who say he ISNT knowledgable just need to speak up and ask him questions. He deals with MANY people in a day and everyone's case varies and can end up in so many different scenarios, so instead of saying he "doesnt know his stuff" perhaps he does not want to say something indefinitely because your case could vary and only time can tell. I had my scleral buckle surgery a week after meeting him. He fit me in right away. He tries his best with the many patients that he has. Instead of complaining about the wait the people should just go prepared. Treating eyes takes time, I'd rather wait and know that he is helping me medically the right way in the end, than be rushed in and out and just be treated like a number.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Martin is ALWAYS 2-3 hours behind but keeps booking appt and packing his waiting room. They NEVER answer the phone. You end up trying 25-30 times before you can get through....if you are lucky. He needs to stop over booking to make the most money and treat people with dignity and respect.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Martin knows his stuff and saved my vision. I experienced a sudden retina detachment and Dr. Martin dealt with my medical emergency swiftly and efficiently. He is a straight shooter and tells you exactly how things are and what you can expect. He is very knowledgeable with years of experience. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2012 | flag

I have had 2 laser surgeries, and several follow-ups and consultations with Dr. Martin and have developed a deep respect for his care. I got a second opinion on one of his recommendations from the University of Buffalo Ross Eye Institute and they were in accord - they just have the luxury of spending time to explain things to patients that Dr. Martin doesn't have in his practice. Don't be put off by the shabby office and surroundings - I believe Dr. Martin spends his time where it is most important - attending to his many patients.

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

My case was referred and so I was a last minute appt. Yes it is a busy practice and you may have to wait to see the Dr. It is totally worth it as my 2nd surgery was scheduled, completed, follow ups were done, and I'm extremely happy with Dr. Martin. He explains in a straight-forward manner. He takes the time to answer your questions, and he knows his stuff. I am very pleased with the results. I would recommend Dr. Martin highly. If you are referred to him, you are lucky.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr Martin is terrific!, this man tells it like it is with tact and professionalism. I've had two retinal surgeries in recent years and my vision is so much better. Do as he ask's you, following surgery and leave the rest with God. As a patient, be patient while waiting to be seen by him. Take a look around the waiting area and notice how many other people are having eye problems. Dr martin is wonderful.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2010 | flag

After disasterous surgery in St.Catharines, I was referred to Dr.Martin.I can only say how thankful I was.He and his staff were so kind and helpful.I would return to him any time it was deemed necessary.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2009 | flag

He will spend the time to answer questions and is very patient. Some of the longest wait times I've had. A minimum hour plus, with a one time 4 hour wait. Average wait probably 2 hours

Submitted July 3, 2009 | flag

I thank God every day for this man!! He did the lasering and the vitrectomies on my husband's eyes due to diabetic retinopathy. For approx 2 yrs, my husband was legally blind and he kept saying that when his body and eyes would calm down, he would see again. And he does!!! His counterpart did the required cataract surgeries and my husband now drives...without glasses (only to read now). Thanks Dr Martin...I think you are amazing!!!

Submitted May 22, 2009 | flag

In May, 2008, Dr. Martin, as part of another eye surgery also performed cataract, a very common procedure. Sight worsened including double vision.Apparently, the new lens he inserted did not seat properly and was virtually floating within my eye. In effect, he accused me of causing this by banging my head or?; he accepted no blame and I was told that nothing could be done to correct this and to live with it.I obtained second opinions and was referred to a surgeon at the Ivey Clinic in London, ON where he stated that he performed 2 or 3 cataract corrective procedures each week. He quickly scheduled me and operated - by stitching a new lens firmly into its proper position. This immediately eliminated the double vision and I was able to comfortably read, drive and watch TV. I do not recommend Dr. Martin's surgical performance, cold personal manner and his staff have a large waiting area that took over 3 hours for patients each visit.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2009 | flag