Rate Dr. Mark Hamilton

Dr. Mark Hamilton's Ratings

Removed Hamartomo in '99, ordered follow-up mri's. This year shows growth, & rude receptionist said all files are destroyed 2 years after surgery. I guess I just wait for this thing to blow up in my head!

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

With two successful surgeries we could not have hoped for such a competent surgeon and the Foothills staff. Sherry was so helpful and his new assistant is great as well. I would recommend these caring people to anyone.

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

Horrible bedside manner. Horrible secretary, will find any excuse she can to not do her job or help a patient. Great fellow. Poor understanding of consequences that could arise due to his surgeries. Has been telling my wife for 4 months that the blackouts she is having are nothing. Have asked 3 times in those 4 months for a referral to an ophthalmologist. asked his sectary sherry about it to which she replied I'll get to it when i get to it. Still waiting for the referral. We went to an optometrist for a second opinion to which he pretty much freaked out and tried to get my wife in to see a neuro ophthalmologist immediately. I am tired of trying to get anything done with this office dr H's fellow is the only person there worth dealing with. I do not envy anyone else that has to go through this office and I would urge you to keep your GP informed of everything s that he may offer referrals faster.

Submitted April 1, 2013 | flag

Thank you Dr. Hamilton for making the right decision and for the successful surgery done on 05 Feb. I owe you. Also, the two fellow Surgeons were excellent. I would recommend you and your team to anyone with Hydrocephalus.

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Hamilton performed VP shunt surgery on my brother in 2010. Since, my brother has had complications due to pressure irregularities, and he has been sopitalized numerous times. Dr. Hamilton is a very intelligent man, who seemed very encouraging at the beginning. His secretary, Sherry is inconsiderate, rude, and seems to enjoy turning down requests and cancelling appointments. My brother feels helpless. My mother and stepdad have attempted to intervene because he doesn't want to deal with this woman. She even went so far as to tell him that Dr. Hamilton was on holidays, and he should go to emergency. While visiting him at the hospital, my mother bumped into Dr. Hamilton on the elevator and said hello. What a nice surprise...meanwhile Sherry called my brother to tell him she is cancelling his upcoming appointment because he was already at emergency. I will be making formal complaints further. Great doctor + self proclaimed expert administrator = 0 credibility.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hamilton has performed two surgeries on me for my ACM and he is wonderful. He knows his stuff and I would recommend him to anyone who is needing expertise on ACM.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hamilton has been very helpful with my Hydrocephalus. and my ongoing computations.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hamilton saved my sons life in February 1997. I will always be extremely grateful to this wonderful man for his compassion and expertise. My son is now in his last year of school in the Kinesiology program at the University of Calgary.Even though my son was wearing a helmet he had a head injury skiing and Dr. Hamilton fixed him.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hamilton is an amazing suregoen. I suffer from a condition called Arnold Chiari and he performed my two operations. Although his bed side manner is a bit "odd" he makes up for it with his skill. I would recommend anyone suffering from ACM to request seeing him. He changed my life!!

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

Dr.Hamilton along with Dr. Hader saved my sons life. He is the closest thing to God I will ever know. Knowledgable and talented. Thank you so much.

Submitted July 8, 2009 | flag