Dr. Chuck Lortie

Rate Dr. Chuck Lortie

Dr. Chuck Lortie's Ratings

Always pleasant to talk to. Very understanding and willing to find the root of the problem and not just treat the symptoms.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

Unfortunately Dr. Lortie has moved on to a specialized field and is missed. He is very compassionate and will give you the time needed. He was always there for my late wife and was very supportive in the years that followed. He is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I highly recommend him to his new patients in his new field of practise.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Lortie's since 1995, and my whole family has gone to him. I think he is extremely approachable, knowledgeable, and helpful. For punctuality, I have never noticed it being a problem, but then again, I cannot imagine the stresses involved with being a doctor with such a large caseload. I know that in Alberta we are short on Doctors, especially good ones, so I am willing to wait. I am also disappointed to hear about missed diagnoses on patients because Dr. Lortie properly diagnosed my mother (Rest in Peace) with a Brain Tumor after she went to two other doctor's that told her it was migraines due to stress. I realize that no one is perfect and mistakes are made, but I would trust and recommend Dr. Lortie to anyone I love.

Submitted March 6, 2009 | flag

I had him as adoctor for years and went to him with a palpable breast lump which he did not investigate for over ayear, even though I returned 3 times concerned about it to be told it was just fluctuating hormones due to menopuase. It turned out I had breast cancer and if I had been investigated initially I would not have had lymph node involvement. I say if you are concerned get a second opinion. I also discovered he had done the same thing to another lady 7 years before!So I do NOT think he is thourough enough or learns from prvious(COSDTLY) mistakes

Submitted Feb. 25, 2009 | flag

Great doctor. Listens, very knowledgable. Kind. Sincere. Takes his time.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Lortie has been our family physician since he first started practicing in Sherwood Park. We have found him very knowledgeable & compassionate. He is very attentive & actually listens to what we have to say. Dr. Lortie does not hesitate to send either of us to a specialist if the need arises. He never gives the impression that our symptoms are inconsequential or all in our head. Dr. Lortie is excellent on follow-ups & has on occassion called personnally with some test results. He quite often is behind schedule but I think the reason is that he will take extra time to answer any questions you may have & explain situations in laymans language. I would highly recommend Dr. Lortie.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2008 | flag

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Lortie since he came to Sherwood Park. He is very caring, takes his time and diagnoses accurately, and refers to a specialist when necessary. He listens and is always friendly. We would never want to have to find another family doctor. We wish him all the best in his career.

Submitted June 23, 2008 | flag

Dr Lortie has been our family doctor for about 15 years.He is one of the best I have ever had dealings with.He is patient helpful and works with you,explains all the ins and outs of your conditions and prescriptions. 5 Stars from meYou have to wait for him because he is doing his job this way.None of this in and out looking at the watch routine with Chuck.

Submitted May 8, 2008 | flag

Dr Lortie has been our family doctor for about 10 years.I would recommend him to anyone. I don't believe he is taking new patients though.Good guy, very proficient, good staff, class act.

Submitted April 17, 2008 | flag

Dr. Lortie has been our family doctor for a number of years, treating both myself & my husband. He is a very caring man who always takes the time to explain our current medical condition & treatments available. He never hesitates to refer either of us to a specialist if there is a need. We never feel that that he is hurrying us out the door so he can see the next patient.

Submitted March 19, 2008 | flag