Rate Dr. John Tanner

Dr. John Tanner's Ratings

routine bypass. left me with destroyed kidneys 20% function (no problem prior to surgery) & paraplegia 2003. Know another woman who was left paraplegic approx 2005. It appears not all good news.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Tanner is a wonderful Dr...so interested and caring. He did my leg bypass surgery six years ago. Often he came to visit me in the mornings and eleven at night. A patient can't do better than Dr. Tanner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

I have been very fortunate to have Dr.John Tanner as my surgeon. I was very sorry to hear that he retired and excited to hear he is back on a part time basis. I have chronic vascular desease and a year ago this past July he removed a vein from my right leg and performed a by-pass in my left leg to repair a blocked upper left thigh artery.He was very supportive of me at all times and the delicate surgery went well. He advised me this fall that I have more vascular problems and I hope he will be available to repair my problems this spring. He has been a faithful and knowledgable surgeon for years now and as long as his health permits him I am sure he will continue to do what is best for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

How could anyone complain about this doctor? Dr. Tanner is a very kind and caring physician with almost incredible bedside manners. I worked in a physicians office and have dealt with this man on a regular basis for many years. I saw him as a patient and so has my husband. I could have nothing bad to say about Dr. Tanner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2007

I took my husband in to see this Dr and spent 4 hour on the road only to be appalled at his attitude. He was not at all caring and treated us both like we didn't count for anything. We will never return or recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2007

I went all the way to Wpg with a referal to see Dr Tanner and what a wasted trip. I had a CT scan that was sent to him. When I got there he stated he had not looked at it nor did he need to, and read off the written report (which I already had read myself). He corrected me on everything I said, medical jargon, was sarcastic and rude and I will never see him again. My advice to this Dr is he should retire as he really doesn't seem to enjoy what he is doing!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2007

What an amazing doctor! He was calm and unhurried and had a warm bedside manner, and a great sense of humor. Very patient, answered my questions thoroughly and made sure I clearly understood the what he told me. He could be the poster doc for beside manner and his unhurried approach. We truly need more docs like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1539898].votes_count ]]