Rate Dr. J Provatopoulos

Dr. J Provatopoulos's Ratings

I was shocked at Dr. Provatopoulos' dismissive attitude and lack of knowledge. During the physical examination, he put on gloves then realized he needed equipment, he left, rummaged around in another room and returned. After touching both door handles and whatever he did in the other room, it's safe to say the gloves were no longer sterile, yet he did not change them and performed the examination. Immediately, following the exam he started to leave and said good bye. I called him back, asking him what I should do about the issue I was having that was the purpose of the visit. He responded with a shrug and a laugh, then stated "I wish I knew". He turned to leave, I called him back again and he looked annoyed. I asked him if I should follow up with him or my Doctor regarding a test he had ordered. He told me it did not matter and left the room as he was saying this sentence. He gave me absolutely no opportunity to ask the other questions I had. Terrible Dr. -Awful experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

Dr. J Provatoulos is a great dr. He's very, knowledgable and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

I was referred to this doctor for my first pregnancy when none of my "top 3" choice of OB's were accepting patients. I waited for over 2 hours in the waiting room, with only 3 people ahead of me. The receptionist didn't have my file, so instead of just calling my doctor to have them faxed (located in the same building), she had me go upstairs and ask them to fax them. While in the waiting room, the receptionist was on her cellphone having a personal conversation about her weekend plans (where to go out, drinking, etc). When the office phone rang, she answered it and put them on hold to continue her personal conversation. The doctor had terrible bedside manner, aggressive and rude with me when he couldn't find my first ultrasound, sending me for needless tests because "most of the people in Sudbury are fat and have diabetes." Rushed me out of the appointment and made me feel like a burden. Gave me no opportunity to ask any questions. Thank GOD I went with a midwife!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

This doctor was helping me with delivery of my both children. My first time impression was not very positive because he was in a hurry to leave and he was quite rude ( using coarse language while thinking I did not hear him). He was also emotionless in terms of saying something when the baby arrived. Normally you would expect a doctor say something like "congratulations" or whatever. But it was nothing at all. On my second delivery he was better and friendlier but still quite emotionless. Having said all that I have to give him kudos for being an exceptionally knowlegable doctor. My both times delivery went very smoothly and quite fast. I was following everything he told me to do during the labor and everything went very well with no stiches aftewards or anyhting. I only wish this doctor was a little bit more "human"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

Dr. Provatopoulos delivered our son at the new Sudbury hospital. During the labour, I found he was a little quick with offering some drugs and didn't explain their use quite enough. However, my labour progressed well on its own and I did not need the earlier recommended drugs in the end. I was happy he did not push the drugs too much though. He was patient at let my labour take its course. During the pushing and actual delivery of the baby, I found him quite pleasant and helpful. I had to have stitches and they never hurt after the delivery at all. He did a great job with those. I had never met him before my labour and felt comfortable with him and wouldn't mind if he delivered our next child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

he is very laid back and relax. He just did my pregnancy follow up. His secretary is lazy. He didnt come and check after me in the hospital after my c-section even if he was working the next day. He hurt me a lot when he checked if I was dialated. Very average doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2011

he was very helpful with all my questions. best gynecologist i ever had

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2010

He made me feel very comfortable when I felt very vulnerable. He is one of the best doctors I have had the pleasure of meeting

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I am currently expecting my first child and tend to have anxieties over the state of my pregnancy and the health of my baby. Dr. John is very kind and helpful and does an excellent job of calming my fears. He's got excellent bedside manner and always makes sure that I have asked all the questions I needed to ask. He seems to genuinely care about the well-being of my unborn child. He has also made himself available for over-the-phone advice and questions. I give Dr. John the highest rating and feel very blessed to have him as my ob/gyn!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2009

Dr. John is a very compasstionate man. He makes you feel at ease and safe. He delivered my first child and is caring for me again through my second pregnancy. I would recommend him to anyone. If you read any bad comments about this doctor, they are coming from people with bad attitudes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1542838].votes_count ]]