You may also like

Rate Dr. W. Szymanski

Dr. W. Szymanski's Ratings

Dr Szymanski is a great pediatrician :) He understands how to work with the kids and if you've any questions you can ask him anything. His knowledge is immense after all these years of being a pediatrician. I wouldn't trade him for anybody else. He was also recommended but I friend of mine. And man, best suggestion ever :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Szymanski has been our pediatrician for over 12 years! He has loved each of our 4 children from the day they were born. He is a very patient, practical doctor who has guided us with his wealth of knowledge. Fran is also friendly, patient, knowledgeable and caring. If you happen to get Dr. Szymanski... it's like winning the pediatrician lottery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2798699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I have only met this doctor as he was assigned to us at the hospital. Dr Szymamski is very friendly, positive and wouldn't send us home until our son's bilirubin counts (for jaundice) were stabilizing and going in the right direction. As weight last child was also jaundice we unknowingly took him home early and ended up back at the hospital three times in who's first week to eventually treat it.

It was great to have a doctor that insisted that we were not going to repeat our last experience. Once we leave the hospital we will have a very slim chance of the jaundice returning (if you have a jaundice baby you will know what I'm talking about.)

Anyways he is great doctor. He played and teased my older son during his visits discussing our plan for out current son. Great bedside manners. An enjoyable friendly person.

I have not been to his office to rate his staff. I would assume based upon what he is like at the hospital that they are excellent as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Excellent excellent thank you for looking after precious sonkeep up the good work doctor we appreciate you my family and i.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2725316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

If you are ever looking for a pediatrician in the YEG area I cannot recommend Dr. Szymanski enough! We went through a few before a friend told me about him and even though we had to wait 5 months from the time our referral was accepted to our first appointment, it was SO very worth it! Every time I leave his office with any one of my three children I can't help but admire and appreciate his incredible bedside manner, his knowledge and his professionalism. When my third was born premature and was being admitted to NICU the hospital called him to advise and he arrived within 10min (a hospital he doesn't work out of but does have privileges to). My eldest is autistic and after meeting with our fair share of pediatricians Dr. Szymanski is the only one who can confidently deal with him without making anybody feel uncomfortable. My only gripe is that he is on the older side and he will retire sooner than later. He is an amazing, amazing(!) human being and his nurse Fran is wonderful as well!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2583186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr. Szymanski is a fantastic doctor. I work in healthcare and have never met a more caring, knowledge and professional doctor in my many years nursing. Both my children enjoy going to see him. He always takes the time to answer any questions and give advice. I hope he never retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Dr. Szymanski is a wonderful doctor, but I routinely waited an hour or more past my appointment time to see him, and any time I called if my kids were sick to see about getting in to see him, his staff would suggest appointment dates 3 or more weeks away. I ended up switching my kids to my GP as a result. It has been at least a year since we saw him, so maybe their office has improved since then.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr Szymanski is an amazing physician and human being. He has treated my son since birth and I will never forget meeting him for the first time as he bounced through the hospital room door and the first words out of his mouth were “aren’t pumpkins wonderful things” referring to my son. Dr Szymanski was also there when my son was diagnosed with cancer at 6 weeks old, He would stop by the hospital and take the time to explain to me what the other doctors were saying so that I could understand it (having a child with cancer makes for a tired and scared mommy) and ask questions, this made a world of difference to me. My son is now 17 and cancer free! Dr S still sees him yearly and both my son and Dr Szymanski are always happy to see each other! I truly recommend Dr Szymanski to anyone as he is definitely the best of the best! My son also has a soft spot for his nurse Fran who has watched him grow up and up and he thinks (as do I) she is the sweetest nurse around!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

dr.szymanski is the best Pediatrician. i have three children and they have been seeing him seen they were born.. he so cheerful and caring doctor.. they see him until they dont need to see Pediatrician more...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1543594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

I saw Dr. Szymanski as a patient when I was younger, and I also loved seeing him. He was so friendly to me and made everything so comfortable. I always remember his koala bear on the stethescope, and how he would use it to distract me! I dont have any children yet, but when I do I can only hope to find a doctor as good as him. I also see him around the hospital, and he is also just a friendly guy no matter what. Keep it up!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1543593].votes_count ]]