Dr. MATTHEW D. Vrees

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. MATTHEW D. Vrees has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: how many lateral internal sphincterotomy has he performed?    Email me    Answer it

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5563317
16/06/14 3 2 2 2 Botched surgery. Poor bedside manner. Terrible with family. Did not fully inform family and was cold and disinterested in helping patient understand and accept the result.
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "MATTHEW" to "MATTHEW D."
RID: 2242723
13/06/12 1 2 4 4 I have been seeing Dr. Vrees for over 5 years. I have a rare case and the worse he has seen. At First bedside manner was great but as time goes on he has changed. He has been rude on some visits and unsympathetic because he can't fix my problem. He rarely will call you to answer any questions. He will be all interested in helping then I don't hear from him and then I have to make another appointment just to get a answer answered. The staff can be mean, and waiting time on the phone to talk to them can be over 20 minutes. Overall I do think Dr. Vrees is very smart and when things are going right he will be very friendly. He does need to warn the patient who just has been operated on that he will be going on vacation. Many times I had surgery and the next day I expected to see him but left on vacation so I had a different doctor taking care of me. I honestly would not have chosen a different surgeon because I do feel that he is one of the best but some things should be changed
RID: 1839197
03/04/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Vrees is an excellent surgeon. He was my surgeon in 2010 when I found out that I have colon cancer. Both Dr. Vrees and the staff at Miriam Hospital took very good care of me.
RID: 1732330
09/03/12 5 5 5 5 he's the BEST colorectal surgeon in RI, PERIOD...absolutely AMAZING  Respond
RID: 906480
06/06/09 1 1 5 5 Nice doctor. Office staff is incompetent and appointment setting/communication is the worse I have ever come across. When director of practice was contacted-there was no response to my major concerns.Even my primary doctor who recommended the group got no response. Changed doctors.  Respond
RID: 616043
18/06/08 1 1 2 3 Extremely poor bedside manner. he was great until the operation was done, then he was not around.
Insurance: Aetna