Rate Dr. Gary Bloomberg

Dr. Gary Bloomberg's Ratings

Dr Bloomberg is the nicest, gentlest and kindest doctor I have ever met. He is highly skilled, patient and understanding. As a patient I feel completely confident in his care and I would recommend him highly. I almost wish he hadn't fixed my irregular heart beat so I could continue going to see him. I feel great now so will only need minimal check ups. Thanks so much Dr. Bloomberg - you're a wonderful, kind, caring life saver. Literally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2567117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I saw Dr Bloomberg after a round of terrifying chest pains. I thought I was going to die!
Dr Bloomberg was nothing short of brilliant with me. His calm professionalism was extremely reassuring. I immeditely relaxed knowing that I was in such cappable hands. He was not only totally knowledgable and competent in addressing my ailment but his bedside manner was so wonderful. You can trust this doctor with your life. I certainly did and I am now feeling younger, fitter and stronger than ever. Dr Bloomberg went over and above the call of duty. His concern for me was genuine. He was patient and understanding and I owe him everything. Hopefully I won't ever need his services again but if you do, I can't reccomend a better cardiologist!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2544685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

About 3 years ago, obtain referral to this Dr concerning occasional chest pains in heart area. Sent for Echo & Chemical Stress Heart Test. He did NOT find anything wrong, but my body was telling me something is wrong with off/on pain at heart. I made another direct appointment to see him to attempt to settle the matter concerning warning pain signs. No further action was taken by him. Feb 2014 I had a major heart attack & required 6 bypass heart operation because I had 9 major artery blockages in my heart which was caused by long term conditions over many numerous years beyond 3 years. After an extreme health loss caused by this situation, I definitely DO NOT WANT TO SEE DR. BLOOMBERG AGAIN as the matter should have been detected about 3 years ago when I was asking for his trained expertise to help me. It really makes you question his abilities when I almost died. I strongly suggest you seek another Dr concerning any heart concerns.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2451695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Dr Bloomberg is fine. Yes, he swings patients through. However it seems to me that this insures that previously undiagnosed patients may get help earlier than if they had to wait for another slower cardiologist. I understand the medical terms and concepts very well and can tell he knows what he is talking about. He didn't sugar-coat it. So? Good! He told me (nicely) three times to get on blood thinners (Xarelto) and each time gave prescription and samples, because of my nasty atrial fibrillation. I thought I knew better, didn't take any meds and guess what - had a stroke! It is 100% my own stupidity, not his. It's all in the human interaction, friends, I get along fine with the guy. Try, if you don't mesh, hey, move on. Bloomberg has my vote, and my gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1544374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2014

Very psitive experience, like this Doctor, he was knowledgable, though, and very helpful in making a difficult diagnosis. i was informed by me Dr that i had had a heart attack , great news the ECG was miss read and I have no heart disease. I excellent examination and fabulous person, highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1544373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2012

Dr. Bloomberg incorrectly read my echogram-telling me that I had enlarged heart when it was not the case. Caused undue stress for months and almost had to cancel marathon. Had to have second echogram months later, which confirmed my heart was not enlarged. Avoid this physician if you want correct test interpretation. My cardiologist thinks he probably never reviewed the original echogram-going by what the tech said.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1544372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2012

Wonderful experience. Just learned how to prevent a heart attack. Was enlighted by understanding and human Doctor who was kind and knowledgable. Available to answer all my questions and had an excellent bedside manner. His staff was professional and made me feel at ease. I would stronly recommend this specialist as being top notch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1544371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

Based on my 2 scheduled appointments. 2. Punctuality: 1st apptmt waited +1 hour; 2nd apptmt waited almost an hour. No explanation. I wonder if Dr. Bloomberg would tolerate waiting &/or losing an hour's earnings. 3. Helpfulness: Appeared over-worked & disorganized. More concerned about numbers than his patient. Didn't read over my patient history form. Showed little concern for patient's well-being/concerns. Heart attacks may be routine for him, but most patients, I believe, are scared & would appreciate some answers. Sadly, Dr. Bloomberg appears devoid of any empathy. 4. Knowledge: Difficult to assess. Appointments are 1-sided & focus on numbers. 1. Staff: Troubling. Called over 1 month prior to confirm 2nd apptmt & mentioned had cardiac setback. Staff member said obtaining info/results important. I relied I would come in & sign release. Informed not necessary; staff would obtain info & I could sign at apptmt. *** Info/Results NOT obtained. *** Informed signed release NOT necessary.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1544370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2011

I have seen many specialists in my life as a result my chronic illness. Dr. Bloomberg was the most competent and kind doctor I have met. He was able to diagnose a problem that no other doctors could solve for me. My family and I truly thank him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1544369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

only care about money,no time to talk to the pt,ordering unnecessary test

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1544368].votes_count ]]