Rate Dr. Stanley Hashimoto

Dr. Stanley Hashimoto's Ratings

Dr. Hashimoto has been an excellent doctor for me. From the onset of my diagnosis of MS and 8 years later he is the same understanding, knowledgeable and caring doctor. I am now on medication and continue to live my life to the best of my ability. He is supportive and understands to the best of his ability what I am experiencing with this brutal disease. I am very appreciative of his wealth of experience with MS and how he has treated me as his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I consider Dr Stanley Hashimoto to be one of the most vicious human beings I have ever known. When I was very ill and neurologically undiagnosed, Dr Hashimoto ridiculed the brain scan evidence I wanted to discuss with him as being a"temporary aberration in the scan." The evidence later turned out to be a seizure disorder. This man is a self congratulatory phoney.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I had a very positive visit with Dr Hashimoto. I was running a little late due to traffic, but the staff were understanding,friend, courteous and very helpful. Dr. Hashimoto was fabulous; attentive to what I had to say about my current issues with MS; it was an intelligent conversation followed by some exam and his recommendations and instructions for the medication he was putting me on and he explained why he was putting me on it, and how we would be proceeding. He was very detailed in the info he gave me. I read some of the comments below and if you were depressed by his truthfullness, than you need to grow up..he tells it like it is; he's honest and upfront about giving out information. Talk intelligently and with courtesy, and that is exactly what you get back. Dr. Hashimoto has a huge brain; don't expect to be coddled and babied by a huge brain. He is a very busy man, but at no time did he ever make me feel rushed. I, for one, am very appreciative to have him as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2012

He knew that all possible tests were not done and he still choose to ignore it and treat me for things that were not completely confirmed. I was never tested for anything except MS and he knew that but did nothing. I have to agree with earlier reports he does not like CRAB drugs he knows they do not work.As for the Clinic if you are in a drug trial they are great if not they are not very attentive. The clinic nurse is terrible and goes with the old belief that MSers are crazy. They do not believe in CCSVI and nor do they know anything about CCSVI or do they try to gain knowledge of CCSVI so not all options are used

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Love him, he knows that drugs are relatively useless and does not recommends CRAB'S. I will miss him when he retires! His advice has always been great1 "Go out and live your life and be happy"!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2010

Dr. H was the most depressing and bleak appointment I have ever had, he told me that there is no cure and that I had 10 years till a cane or walker and 25 years to walk, he also told me that I could not rebuild any muscle mass and that once it was gone I would surcum to MS. His Nurse is even worse than him she pushed me aside one day when I begged he for several days to put me on steroids for the numbness I was experiencing she refused to let me come in for an appt. and refused to put me on the steroids. I have not been able to feel my hand since she had no compassion and almost seemed annoyed by my persistance to improving my LIFE. I Imeadiatly changed doctors and clinics after she did that. I will say this if you are willing to be a giney pig this clinic is great and if not go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2010

Dr. Hashimoto is a very intelligent nd compassionate doctor. Can sit down and chat on just about anything and everything. Sometime looses focus on the subject at hand. Hopefully he won't retire just yet. he still has allot to offer and his long time patients will miss him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

really great dr, i'm quite young so it's sad to know he will retire one day and another dr will have to fill his shoes on my ms jorney. =(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr Hashimoto has been my wife's neurologist since she was diagnosed with MS in 2003. He had up until recently been an excellent person to deal with. Unfortunately he seems to have gone of the boil as an MS doctor. He tends to ask what the patient thinks is happening rather that telling you what is right or wrong, his diagnostics seems to be somewhat off. In Addition when we last visited him at the MS clinic at UBC last December they changed our appointment twice to bring it forward from 4:30pm to 11:30am. As a result of having a last minute change we rushed in to make the appointment time, only to be kept waiting almost 2 hours. When he did decide to show up he was very blase about the time. During the appointment it was us who told him what was wrong and suggested the next treatment to be used, he just said ok and made the arrangements. We have subsequently decided to change to a neurologist who is closer to our home and who will hopefully be better suited to our needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

When I last saw Dr. Hashimoto, he preferred to chat with his friend in his office while I waited for over half an hour in the waiting room. He only stopped when the receptionist went in his office to warn him that I was there. Dr. Hashimoto does not trust what he can't measure, and what he has not already seen, and is not methodical. As a result, he sends you home saying you are fine while there are gaping holes in his screening process, no matter what you tell him. If the GP tells him "look for signs of MS", that is all he is going to do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545289].votes_count ]]