Rate Dr. Paul Beaulé

Dr. Paul Beaulé's Ratings

Although I must attest to his abilities as a surgeon (2 successful surgeries),I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. The clinic runs anywhere from 1.5-3hrs late consistently and you are very rushed when you actually see the doctor. Dr. Beaule has never read my chart prior to entering the exam room in over 8 years, he asks me what he did last time. I come prepared with questions as you MUST force him to sit and answer them,often he walks out of the room without giving the chance to ask questions. He knows his material (surgery) but is not helpful whatsoever in helping to cope with pain, alternative therapies while you wait the long queue for surgery. He is dismissive, uninterested in his patients and rude with patients/staff. He is a good surgeon with terrible people skills and I dread each follow-up with him. If you must use Dr. Beaule (as I did), I suggest you come prepared and advocate for great care. If you are not a great advocate, bring someone who is.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Beaule performed arthroscopic surgery on both my hips over ten years ago,while the procedure was still being evaluated by the FDA for approval in the U.S. Both operations went very smoothly. I was supremely confident in Dr. Beaule's expertise, very satisfied with his explanations & his bedside manner. The surgery was performed through the UCLA Medical Group, and I am 100% satisfied with the outcome. Dr. Beaule is one of the original surgeons to use this procedure, at least in the U.S. I believe he used the DePuy ASR System, which was recalled in 2010 due to some patients requiring revision surgery, but as of today,I have had no problems of any kind. I would definitely recommend this surgery - so long as you do not fall into one of the groups for which this procedure is not recommended.After surgery be sure to exercise the muscles in your legs regularly and keep your weight down. I believe this is one of the reasons my hips are still functioning.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

4 months of waiting just to see Dr. Beaule and my referral has now been cancelled. Too much work, not enough Dr. Beaule.

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

Despite some administrative and scheduling problems I'm very glad Dr Beaule was my specialist for my femeroacetabular impingement procedures. Very knowledgable and almost arrogant about his abilities but that only served to reassure me that he was better than competant.

Submitted March 14, 2012 | flag

I had an appointment with this doc waited 2 hours - never looked at my xrays -too busy for all he has to do

Submitted Oct. 18, 2011 | flag

It's been three months since Dr. Beaulé did my total hip replacement (at age 55). I could not be happier. Dr. Beaulé is my hero. The intrusion was minimal (a 6 inch incision) and I was walking without assistance within 10 days. Pain management was also minimal. Two and half months after my surgery I feel 95% normal. (I still don't feel comfortable running, but I can walk very quickly.) The nurses told me he is "an excellent technician" and they were right. He is a very pleasant person. Some might find him a little off hand insofar as consultations tend to be with the residents (some of whom should work on their bedside manner). However, when I asked to speak with him, he cheerfully made himself available. And when I was worried post-surgery, he patiently took the time to address my concerns. All in all, he was very attentive.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Beaule's knowledge and disposition certainly made significant impact on my decision to proceed with hip surgery at the early of 40. I highly recommend his service to anyone that is able to see him.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Very knowlegeable and competent surgeon, asks all of my prepared questions. I did well post op anterior THR but two years later I have been diagnosed with an allery to titanium and I must have the caps of both the ball and socket replaced with plastic or ceramic. He was very kind when dealing with this situation.

Submitted July 20, 2011 | flag

Dr. Beaulé did my bilateral hip resurfacing in July 2008, when I was 55 years old. Before then, my life had shrunk because of pain and mobility issues. Im 57 years old now, have recovered 100% and started hiking 6 weeks post-surgery and teaching yoga at 8 weeks. I did all rehabilitation and exercises recomemnded, and made it work for me. I continue to be well and active, and even started new hobbies: dancing salsa in June 2009, resument winter sports such as cross-country skiing, and continue to teach yoga. Key to making this work? Don't expect your doctor to FIX you - get his help to fix yourself. Make it work for YOU. I'd recommend the hip resurfacing and Dr. Beaulé 100%: he did what he was supposed to do - resurface my hip. And I'll be grateful for this new lease on life, always.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

I'm a 50 year old active man. Before my surgery, I endured years of increasing pain in my legs & knees. Before surgery, after sitting for a few minutes, I could be writhing in pain. When sleeping at night, the only way to avoid pain was to lie on my back with 3 pillows under my knees. Turns out the problem was in my hips, BOTH of them. I live in Toronto, and drove past the offices of 50+ orthopoedic surgeons to see Dr. Beaule. At the time he was the only doctor in Ontario who would resurface both hips during the same operation (he employs an anterior - frontal approach). That way I only had to endure one recovery/rehabilitation period. I walked a few steps the day after surgery, & was climbing stairs on the 4th day after surgery. He's certainly the "go to Guy" for any form of hip surgery. It's too bad there's not more surgeons in Ontario using his techniques. I went downhill skiing in colorado 4 months after skiing, and I LOVE my new hips. Thanks Dr. Beaule

Submitted Jan. 20, 2011 | flag