Rate Dr. Paul Beaulé

Dr. Paul Beaulé's Ratings

Dr. Beaule is a bright and amazing doctotr. He fixed my hip with no side effects and it was back to normal with no pain! I strongly suggest you see him if you have a hip problem/injury.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Stay away from him. My story is very long. It will suffice to say that he did not provide proper treatment before or after my surgery. I went to see him often to explain repeatedly that there is something terribly wrong - that my hip replacement was more painful that before the surgery. He more or less denied that there was a problem. He is also arrogant, too busy and I always felt I was just a number and not a patient. I will not go on except to say - look for another surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Although I must attest to his abilities as a surgeon (2 successful surgeries),I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. The clinic runs anywhere from 1.5-3hrs late consistently and you are very rushed when you actually see the doctor. Dr. Beaule has never read my chart prior to entering the exam room in over 8 years, he asks me what he did last time. I come prepared with questions as you MUST force him to sit and answer them,often he walks out of the room without giving the chance to ask questions. He knows his material (surgery) but is not helpful whatsoever in helping to cope with pain, alternative therapies while you wait the long queue for surgery. He is dismissive, uninterested in his patients and rude with patients/staff. He is a good surgeon with terrible people skills and I dread each follow-up with him. If you must use Dr. Beaule (as I did), I suggest you come prepared and advocate for great care. If you are not a great advocate, bring someone who is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1545422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

Dr. Beaule performed arthroscopic surgery on both my hips over ten years ago,while the procedure was still being evaluated by the FDA for approval in the U.S. Both operations went very smoothly. I was supremely confident in Dr. Beaule's expertise, very satisfied with his explanations & his bedside manner. The surgery was performed through the UCLA Medical Group, and I am 100% satisfied with the outcome. Dr. Beaule is one of the original surgeons to use this procedure, at least in the U.S. I believe he used the DePuy ASR System, which was recalled in 2010 due to some patients requiring revision surgery, but as of today,I have had no problems of any kind. I would definitely recommend this surgery - so long as you do not fall into one of the groups for which this procedure is not recommended.After surgery be sure to exercise the muscles in your legs regularly and keep your weight down. I believe this is one of the reasons my hips are still functioning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

4 months of waiting just to see Dr. Beaule and my referral has now been cancelled. Too much work, not enough Dr. Beaule.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Despite some administrative and scheduling problems I'm very glad Dr Beaule was my specialist for my femeroacetabular impingement procedures. Very knowledgable and almost arrogant about his abilities but that only served to reassure me that he was better than competant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I had an appointment with this doc waited 2 hours - never looked at my xrays -too busy for all he has to do

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2011

It's been three months since Dr. Beaulé did my total hip replacement (at age 55). I could not be happier. Dr. Beaulé is my hero. The intrusion was minimal (a 6 inch incision) and I was walking without assistance within 10 days. Pain management was also minimal. Two and half months after my surgery I feel 95% normal. (I still don't feel comfortable running, but I can walk very quickly.) The nurses told me he is "an excellent technician" and they were right. He is a very pleasant person. Some might find him a little off hand insofar as consultations tend to be with the residents (some of whom should work on their bedside manner). However, when I asked to speak with him, he cheerfully made himself available. And when I was worried post-surgery, he patiently took the time to address my concerns. All in all, he was very attentive.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1545417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2011

Dr. Beaule's knowledge and disposition certainly made significant impact on my decision to proceed with hip surgery at the early of 40. I highly recommend his service to anyone that is able to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2011

Very knowlegeable and competent surgeon, asks all of my prepared questions. I did well post op anterior THR but two years later I have been diagnosed with an allery to titanium and I must have the caps of both the ball and socket replaced with plastic or ceramic. He was very kind when dealing with this situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545415].votes_count ]]