Rate Dr. Philip Blazar

Dr. Philip Blazar's Ratings

Have been to another hand surgeon, had surgery and after continually had pain. After 4 Different surgeries went to Dr Blazar and he found the problem. I thought I would have to be in pain the rest of my life. Now I see hope and light at the end of the tunnel

Submitted Sept. 5, 2014 | flag

I was treated by dr blazer in jan.'15. For a fractured wrist/arm,etc.I was not impressed with treatment provided.I was shown very little personal medical attention from this guy.I personally feel his lack of attention resulting in 2or 3 hairline fractures that went untreated.I would not recommend this dr for any medical treatment.

Submitted July 27, 2014 | flag

Wen to see Dr. Blazar at the Faulkner Hospital, with X-rays being done immediately prior to the appointment. Staff was super friendly, and Dr. Blazar reviewed the X-ray with me in the office during the appointment, performed a full physical examination, discussed the anatomy of the worst and spent a lot of time listening to how I injured my wrist (TFCC tear) and explained the how/why. More importantly, however, rather than just cut me open, he suggested a cortisone injection as an alternative to surgery. This was done right then and there. Needless to say after my 5 star review, it worked and I have been pain free since.

Submitted June 11, 2014 | flag

Waited 6 weeks for an appointment, he spent about 3 minutes with me, interrupted by two phone calls, and did absolutely nothing. The most unprofessional physician I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr Blazar immediatly found the cause of my discomfort, and was very thorough in explaining it to me. I had been to several other doctors who looked at the same x-rays and saw nothing wrong. After discussing various options, I have elected to go through with surgery. Dr Blazar told me exactly wht to expect for my recovery, and for how long. I am so happy to have found him, and know the end of the pain is in sight. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a wrist specialist.

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

I had carpal tunnel release done, this dr is the best! Did it under local, I am definitely getting my other hand done as soon as I can ... I don't even have a scar! He is an excellent surgeon. I wish all drs were like him!

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

I found Dr. Blazar after an exhaustive search for a wrist specialist. I had seen a couple of other doctors and they didn't really know what to do for me. After getting an MRI and having the report come back supposedly "clear," Dr. Blazar was able to look at the images and found where the radiologist had MISREAD the MRI!!! He said, "Hmmm, that's interesting. The report says your TFCC is in tact, but, I'm looking at it, and it looks like there may be a tear there." He did exploratory surgery, confirmed his suspicions, and repaired my torn TFCC. I had a lot of problems with recovery and pain because it was an old injury, which makes repairing the cartilage much more difficult, but I am about 85% better than I was pre-surgery. Truly a superior physician and surgeon. I'm a musician and use my wrists a lot. Don't know what I would have done without him.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2009 | flag

Dr. Blazar has been treating me for several years. He has performed a synovectomy on my elbow and administers cortisone injections in other problem joints periodicaly as appropriate. He's very knowledgeable, explains all the risks and alternatives. Very nice guy!

Submitted July 7, 2008 | flag

Dr. Blazar performed surgery on my broken scaphoid (wrist). He explained why it needed to be done, recommended 5 other doctors if I wanted a second opinion, and ultimately performed the surgery, which I deem to be successful. Very competent, good humored guy.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2007 | flag