Dr. Stuart Wilkinson

Rate Dr. Stuart Wilkinson

Dr. Stuart Wilkinson's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

I went to Dr. Wilkinson at the IMI because I was seeking an MD who was knowledgable about holistic, integrative medicine. (I'd had amazing success with Dr. Trethart in Edmonton.) Unfortunately Dr. Wilkinson was never helpful. He condescended to me and wouldn't take my questions seriously, but would spend my appointment time raving about how Klein ruined AB, then pitch me out of his office so he could have his lunch! When I herniated a disc in my low back he didn't take it seriously despite excruciating pain and a visit to emergency - a massage therapist actually diagnosed it and made me ask him for an MRI. When the results came I got a panicked call from him that it was a serious injury - but he still did nothing! He never even checked up on me. Four years later I have permanent nerve damage in my leg and a bad taste in my mouth whenever I remember dealing with Dr. W. I highly recommend you avoid this man!

Submitted July 25, 2011 | flag

I will never go back to this doctor. Always late, I've waited up to 90 minutes. Doesn't listen. Makes judgements about what you have before you even start talking. I had an absess in my throat, had to sleep sitting up because the swelling blocked my breathing and he told me it was post nasal drip, and to go home.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag

Feel fortunate to have been his patient for 6 years. Rare to find a doctor who treats patients with respect, kindness, support, genuine caring, and is open to various avenues of action, which allows the patient to make an informed decision, and one that the patient is comfortable with. Also a wonderful human being. Has helped me enormously.

Submitted May 10, 2010 | flag

Attention!! This Doctor has gone downhill in the last 3-4 years. HIs attitude is demeaning and paternalistic and his tone of voice is often crass and rude. He is always in a rush and doesn't pass along important information. I found him to be unknowledgeable when diagnosing for Autism..surprising as he is a DAN Doctor!!!! His receptionist often makes comments about childs health which are very offhanded and again unknowledgeable. It has been a real dissapointment to see this Dr. change in such an unfortunate way...because at one time he had alot going for him.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2010 | flag

Dr. Wilkinson is the best family doctor that I have had the opportunity to see. He goes out of his way to help his patients any way that he can. Definately a Doctor that goes above and beyond to see that his patients get the best possible care. Not only is a great doctor but a person of great character. I love that he personally calls me with my test results no matter the out come, it is not unusual for him to call at 6:30 still at the office. As a person that does not like going to the doctor's I feel very comfortable with him, I have most recently be seeing him because I am expecting my first child. He was geniunely excited for me and my husband as we have been trying for a couple of years. On my first pregnancy appt he put a rush on my blood work and called back the same night about 3 hours after I saw him and he personally passed on his well wishes to my husband. A stand up man and excellent Doctor.

Submitted May 11, 2009 | flag

I came to Dr Stuart Wilkenson very depressed and at the lowest time in my life... right after my xhusband left me alone with my eldest two children because he had a devestating addiction to Cocaine. He has been an AMAZING support to me and my three children. I honestly do not think I would have made it through with out his loving support and care. He was Honest and up front with me about how I could better my situation. He has walked with us and supported us through both of my sons being diagnosed with learing disabbilities. My two boys both now attend a school that is taylored to there needs and I hear of many parents journeys through similar diagnosis and I KNOW for a fact that we are truely blessed to have Dr Wilkenson as our doctor. He is one of the most comassionate people that I have ever known.

Submitted April 22, 2009 | flag

I love that he is educated about vaccinations - that is a wonderful service to the public!! Keep on doing what you do best Dr. Wilkinson! If anyone wants traditional old school medical advice it is so extremely easy to find - look elsewhere!! If however you are looking for an educated free-thinker, Dr. Wilkinson is your man (unfortunately word has gotten around and his wait list is very long though)!

Submitted Aug. 18, 2008 | flag

Seems like a very good doctor, with respect to his approach, in that he informs the patient and then helps them make the decision that is best for them. I don't agree with his position on vaccinating children, and from the research I've done, it appears that vaccinating children is by far the most logical (and widely held) conclusion to arrive at. Everyone is entitled to their opinion; however in this case, it may be a fairly serious public health issue.

Submitted June 19, 2008 | flag

This comment is in response to the unfair bashing of Dr.Wilkinson's assistant! Anyone who knows Shanna agree's that she is the most pleasent,helpful,cheerful,loveable and wonderful person we have ever met! She is a beautiful person inside and out and its unfortunate how some people are so unhappy in there lives that they need to lash out on someone as harmless as her,what this person has said was very harmful and UNTRUE. We believe you are jelous and insecure with yourself. This is a rate the MD website and not rate the assistant website,these comments have brought unnessasary pain and hurt to Shanna and everyone that knows her so to whom ever wrote that you need some counseling to look deeper into yourself and your anger management issues. Stuart is very lucky to have her as his assistant.

Submitted April 17, 2008 | flag