Dr. David C. Cumming

Rate Dr. David C. Cumming

Dr. David C. Cumming's Ratings

My Dr Cummings experience was negative. I first saw him in 2009 & was told the test I had done showed that one tube was closed & the other most likely closed. He wanted to do evasive testing, but I never went back. It didn't feel right. In 2012, when I got married I called the office to be taken off their list. They insisted I come in to get more testing done & get my husband tested. I went in & he wasn't happy I didn't have more testing done and he spoke about taking my tubes out for IVF, if they were of no use. After he left the room, I felt so sick, I couldn't move for 10 mins. Well guess what, I ended up being pregnant at that very appointment & didn't know yet. When I called back to let them know & under my OBGYN's care, they wanted to do an early ultrasound to make sure I wasn't ectopic. They had me worrying again. Everything was completely fine & I never went back to their clinic. I just had a second healthy baby, again naturally, under my OBGYN's care. Advice go with your gut.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I've been dseeing Dr Cummings since i was 16 so 11 years. Not reguarly but for Check ups and ultrasounds and things due to PCOS, He's incredibly helpful!!! and kind he makes you feel comfortable and he gave me hope of having a normal life with my own family my own children one day with treatments we can do when ready and they wont be fertility treatments. He's a great doctor!! and I would recommend him to anyone with Fertility issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Cumming for a year and I find him to be very personable and funny making a very stressful situation manageable. He was very kind during my last surgery and has answered my questions clearly and candidly. The only negative is that the wait times between appointments can be very long especially when infertility has a ticking clock.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

I saw Dr Cummings twice only - he is not my regular doctor - and had nothing good come out of our meetings both times. The first time he told me to learn when to quit when he was in to do an ultrasound, as my file is thick (I just had a miscarriage)to give up while I was ahead. The second time I saw him for a baseline ultrasound and he advised he could not find my uterius and asked if I was sure it was there. He then asked me what dose I wanted for meds. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Just started seeing Dr. Cumming after trying to get pregnant for 18 months. He's a great doctor! Very knowledgeable, makes jokes to put you at ease, and is honest. Glad we started going to him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Dr. Cumming is an interesting doctor. He is very knowledgable and knows his stuff but if you are looking for a sympathetic doctor, he may not be the right person for you. Dr. Cumming is a realist and will not give you false hope which is a good thing. I did get pregnant after 1.5 years of trying and using 3 rounds of clomid and 3 IUIs at the same time. He does know what he is talking about and can help you but don't expect to be mollycoddled. The nurses are really good in this clinic and are more comforting than the doctors. The receptionists are horrible though. I don't know if its because they are so busy and understaffed but in a day to book at IUI, I had to call about 15 times and if you leave a message they most likely won't call you back. I am grateful for all of their help but I wish you got more support from them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2011

Dr Cumming is very knowledgeable although at times it feels like pulling teeth trying to get information - be prepared, do a bit of research ahead of time and have your list of questions ready. He is calm and tells it like it is without being rude. He is also a funny fellow and we enjoyed our interactions with him. Most of all, we achieved pregnancy after three IUIs (after 2 years of trying on our own). He recommended the appropriate treatment for us given the nature of the problem (older maternal age and low sperm count). I was unsure it would work, but given that an IUI is minimally invasive and cheaper than other options, I am glad that we trusted his judgment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2011

Dr. Cumming was very helpful and attentive. He has lots of students with him, but maybe because he is knowledgeable. He speaks softly so you have to strain a bit to hear, but we enjoyed his quirky jokes and pleasant demeanor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

I have just started with this Dr. after 1 year an a half of trying and using a BC clinic to start treatment (the waiting list for him is REALLY LONG). So far we've had a good experience. My first appointment with him took about an hour. He had us go for more tests and sceduled an HSG for me right away - although he did forget to mention the "fasting" part of my blood work test, I'm grateful to finally be getting some answers. I'm torn on the aspect that he won't give any false hope....When I asked him what would my options be depending on the outcome of the HSG, he refused to say. I guess in a way that's good, but I like to know the worst case scenario. Our appointment was first thing in the morning and he was right on time. He talks a little quietly so I had to strain to hear him sometimes, but my hubby and I have a good, positive feeling about him. Fingers Crossed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Cumming for over a year. He is very honest and doesn't beat around the bush. He is always willing to answer all of my questions and I feel like he really cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1547496].votes_count ]]