Rate Dr. Ralph Zabel

Dr. Ralph Zabel's Ratings

Dr. Zabel is very cold and completely indifferent to his patient; I have had numerous complications after lens implant (done privately at Lasik MD); I may end up with retinal detachment and possible blindness. He treats his patients as he would a desk or a chair. I am overly disappointed and would never recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518422].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I found Dr. Zabel is hard to talk to, not a very friendly guy. I didn't feel that I had enough time to explain my problems to him after my cataracts surgery. Always felt rush with him, not a very good experience after all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

Dr. Zabel is an excellent surgeon, very calm and caring. I had my LASIK surgery on August 21, 2013 with no complaints so far. This Dr. is quick in his work, but in a good way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

This Dr. is not caring and helpful at all. Very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr. Zabel performed my laser surgery for Glaucoma almost 20 years ago! I've been seeing him every 6-7 months since and my test results continue to be great with ongoing eye drops. Fabulous doctor. Kind, gentle and thorough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Zabel did my custom Lasik surgery on January 23rd, at Lasik MD in Ottawa. I had read a lot about lasik and had a number of questions for Dr. Zabel before the actual procedure, some of them very technical and specific. He answered honestly and completely. Before the actual surgery he explained in detail what was going to happen and later guided me through it as he was operating. Dr. Zabel and the whole staff at Lasik MD have been courteous and professionnal, from the first day I walked in for a free evaluation to this day at the follow-up stage. All questions about expected outcomes and potential complications were discussed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2013

Dr. Zabel removed my cataracts 10 years ago, and I have had no problems ever since then. Totally competent and very friendly and calming. Would return to see him in an instant if I get any further problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2012

Dr. Zabel is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I would definitely recommend him to everyone who is thinking about having laser eye surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

My experience with Dr. Zabel was fantastic! He was very professional yet friendly and humble. He thoroughly answered all of my questions on a level that I could understand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549263].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I was a little nervous for my laser eye surgery but definitely more excited to go through with it. Dr. Zabel helped me relax by explaining the procedure first and then continuing to do so throughout the surgery. It was also reassuring to know that he had completed 25,000 surgeries! My surgery was quick, about 15 minutes. My only regret is that I should have done the surgery sooner; it’s absolutely life changing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1549261].votes_count ]]